Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFlashroute
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008

Chi-town K,
    I was thinking it was a wolf or a coyote but thought i'd call it a generic "dog"... i was not meaning anything domesticated... anyway...

I boulder mostly and have been really busy over the past 9 months and have lost most of my skilz but i am making the holds to put up in my attic for a winter-time training-gym. I love to boulder in the winter though... the friction is very nice when there is no humidity. I also have been spending moneyz on bikes and parts and tools and not on a gym membership or on gas to go to the boulders. But I want to climb soon for sure!
    Is bfgcg a thread?Seeds Sewn: Re-Cycling Hatter of Boston... Only at OPEN Bicycle
    Hmm
    I mostly never boulder, especially since quincy quarries is so close. Maybe come spring we can organize something.
    bfgcg is a joke
    bfgcgftw is the real thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFlashroute
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008

+1

but seriously we should go boulder the NoSho some time this winter... i went to school up there and know some peeps and good boulders too. then in the spring you can guide at the quarries since i've never been there.Seeds Sewn: Re-Cycling Hatter of Boston... Only at OPEN Bicycle
    • CommentAuthorpete
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008 edited

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Shitty cell phone photo, but my accomplishment for the day: latte art in an egg shell.
    • CommentAuthorslowski
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008

I need a photographer to shoot some pieces of furniture. The pieces are fairly interesting and I also have a setting that I think will work well. I'm looking for digital images (I don't know what the correct term is, I don't need printed photos) I can't afford to pay a professional, but I will pay for all your processing costs, food/drink, and I won't ask you to help move anything I promise. So really I'm looking for a student/hobbyist who would like some interesting material and would be interested in helping me out. sometime early next week is my timeframe.

thanksIf at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008

karl, i think it's kosher for you post your random internet images in any thread but this one. my understanding was that this is original artwork only.

and speaking of legit photographers, i know this is short notice but my mom has been complaining lately about having no pictures of me. that's probably b/c i hate having pictures taken, but right now the only photographic evidence that i existed in 2008 are typically not-so-flattering race photos. i'd like to get an actual portrait or two done for christmas/her birthday. is there anyone who'd be willing to do that? i can reimburse you as you see fit. it doesn't have to be right now, either. it can be scheduled for after the holidays b/c i know that a lot of people (myself included) are in the midst of finals.
    oh
    i didnt know this is original artwork only, i thought it was just photography related junk in general.
    i will take my shenanigans elsewhere!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008

at some vietnamese restaurant in lowellhttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorzebra
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008

OH MY GOD I'M ATTACKING MY TAIL.

my kitten.

yellow house

kind of lame first attempt at HDR, but whatever cause I like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

zebra:yellow house
    creepy
    • CommentAuthorBrian

I have a problem with HDR personally, I feel like done right, it looks fantastic, but when they get cartoon like, they lose the novelty quickly.

Compared to some of the other ones I have seen, thats not bad, but I prefer bracket and blend.aka: ph0to
    • CommentAuthorFix66
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008 edited

^shoot film, expose for shadows, stop down accordingly, under develop accordingly, print. jeezLess fashion, more thrashin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008 edited

^Seriously! (That was a trick I enjoyed.)[all your base are belong to us]
    you marty and luna are embarrassing.

but adorable none the less. (luna not marty)<3 Katty Class
    •  
      CommentAuthorzebra
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008

Fix66:^shoot film, expose for shadows, stop down accordingly, under develop accordingly, print. jeez

i do that with film but i just got a new digital slr and i was fucking around with the bracketing. probably something i won't be doing much in the future, but it's fun to play around with for a day or so until it gets old and looks silly.
    • CommentAuthorFix66

im just pullin yer chains ;)Less fashion, more thrashin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

• CommentAuthor.

Ya can't say Im a big fan of HDR myself, but in small amounts i can handle it
    hey, don't worry andrea, i don't know what hdr is.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthormfdn

Hey, who was it that took that photo of the fixed gear on the Allston bridge that they gave out as a prize after the Poker Alley cat. I'm pretty sure it was someone on here. Is there any chance I could buy a print of that?
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2008

Im going to go ahead and say Justin who goes by LHtrustme on here
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009

not my photo, it's a painter, steve kim's photo. it's his dog tofu the greyhound(?).
    go to stevekim.com, he is a really good painter. i have painter envy right now.
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009

first thing shot of the year

^CUTE![all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthor.

^thank you!
    sadly, its not my idea. We had to recreate an already made photograph.
    • CommentAuthorMike Steve

How are those lit up? photoshopped some stuff out?I don't play with muthafuckas cuz this shit be real
    • CommentAuthor.

^magic
    i want to play...

i like picturesshed bra, SHRED!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009

• CommentAuthorhannaelise

^ahhh! that was my first car!
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

woo hoo, fotos

boooyah
    • CommentAuthorhannaelise
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009

Spraypaint compliments of Morgan.

Huge douchebags

Yep

•  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009

ah frat basements... good times
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009

what the hell? ha ha hathis wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthormheald

• CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009 edited

shit upload quality, but latest work
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^wow. the one with the eppendorf tubes is the only science-related photo i've enjoyed looking at in the past few years as a biology major.
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

blurry Thermo Scientific kit boxes make me want jelly beans.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009

•  
      CommentAuthormur

in-focus colorful backseat balloons make me want jelly beans.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009 edited

My only photography I've ever done was UE stuff, and I haven't even taken pictures/explored in like, two years, but here's some old stuff:

Edit: I just went back and looked at the first few pages with the other UE shots. Sooooooooo..... when we gonna have a BFUE day?

Danvahs Represent!!
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

NoHo NoMo:

Photobucket

Photobucket

This last one is Danvers again. I played with it in Photoshop a lot, so while I think it looks cool I feel guilty

Photobucket
    • CommentAuthorDana

2 summers ago i shot danvers state from a helicopter. it was badass. my buddy brian, also on here, loves that place. breaking and entering abandoned buildings are his thing.Recluse Designs (constantly under construction)
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009

isnt so much of the shot itself, but of the process that went into making it look (hopefully) old
    finals work in digital art. Hopefully next term ill get to make gum prints (chemical scariness though :( -- where can i get ammonium dichromate easily???)

Before
    smbeforePhoto-Truck

After
    smafterFinished

(I might have more to post depending how they turn out throughout the rest of the day)
    • CommentAuthor.

Finals in Digital Art

Before
    smDucks

After
    smFinished

Before
    smUntitled-32

After
    smPolaroid1
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

I love the one of the ducksThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    • CommentAuthoritsmejack

Pat -- are there still some of the old buildings standing at Danvers State?? Some friends and I got arrested trying to get in about five years ago before they tore everything down and built that development; I didn't realize there was anything left.
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009 edited

I need to shoot new photography material.
    The winter caused me to not want to shoot anything outdoors whatsoever, but now that it's nice out I thought I would ask.

I have spring break next week, and besides using it to rest and not think about in-studio work.. I thought it would be great to just shoot ANYTHING.
    Doesn't matter where, or of what.

So, is anyone interested in going somewhere (maybe outside of Boston -- take the train, or bike ride to another town) and just shoot?
    Nice weather seems to be an ongoing thing now.

Whisper Me!