Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009

gahh it all looks so small and fake..sooo cool

you should make a gallery called fake fake miniaturessomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009

^ but they are REAL fake miniatures mr. sean!RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthormheald
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009

eBAUMANN:^ but they are REAL fake miniatures mr. sean!

gah my head hurts :[ it's like trying to speak in double negativessomebody turn the lights off on this place already.

bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009

right before it started spitting a little wet snow today:
    hancock

Fresh from my folks lemon trees. Going to try and bring a bunch back to Boston with me.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009

Someone's enjoying his new tilt-shift toy.Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^not me! straight up wide angle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i can't see your picture, eric, but fresh LEMONS?! amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^ fuck florida. hahahahahahahahha!! let's kill nature!! welcome to da sunshine state. sorry epic. yall got zonin' laws down dere or wut? jus' sayin'. . .buncha fuckheads. but then again, i hail from norf cackalacky. serious suck.
    Haha. Loads of zoning laws as a matter of fact. But the lemons are from the trees in my folks backyard. Grated I'm no fan of my home state, but it's home nonetheless.

Sunrise @ St. George Island

Apalachicola

From the coast....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

southwest gulf coast. aiight. da 'glades. i'll give ya dat. but duder. for real. wtf's goin' on down dere? rampant. . .
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

here's a purty li'l acorn from massachusetts:
    acorn
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited

Hey photo peoples. I just started a new photo blog for 2010, check it out here: 365 | 2010
    The goal is to take AND post a photo every day for an entire year, not gonna be easy but im looking for a challenge.
    Feel free to comment/subscribe if you like it. Thanks!
    Oh, and here are a couple photos from the other day, lil trip to Jersey City to purchase some old campy bits, figured I may as well take some photos while I was there.

Tracks

Pedestrian ReflectionsRIDE METAL
    Some stuff I did on my vaca in NYC:
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010

^nice shot, empire state building?

Gary Sanderson - Wheelman
    this guy has an amazing collection of antique bicycles, i was fortunate enough to get the grand tour.

IndianRIDE METAL
    ^yup :D looooong lines. has that slightly hdr look but it was just the light. 1/6 sec exposure

your project is pretty ambitious. wish i was motivated enough to do something like that. i am looking forward to seeing where it takes you...bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010

it's jitensha:^yup :D looooong lines. has that slightly hdr look but it was just the light. 1/6 sec exposure

yea i can tell you got up there just in time--early enough that theres enough light, late enough that you can see lights in buildings and on the streets and such. man, i havent been up there since i was like, 10 or something. is the security crazy now?RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010

FUCK YEAH!
    935_0336
    935_0337
    935_0338
    i need full fenders & knobbiesmrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    looking teh sex james!

^^Lines were like 2 and a half hours or so but I was at least never asked to remove my shoes. Hah. Though at one point they did demand to xray my camera...
    I'm curious about the shots you've done that look like miniatures...is that a blur you are applying after the fact to get that macro look?bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010

it's jitensha:looking teh sex james!

^^Lines were like 2 and a half hours or so but I was at least never asked to remove my shoes. Hah. Though at one point they did demand to xray my camera...
    I'm curious about the shots you've done that look like miniatures...is that a blur you are applying after the fact to get that macro look?

thats crazy about the xray, man how times have changed! glad you atleast got a great shot out of it. as far as the miniatures go, i never use photoshop on any of my images, only lightroom--so no manipulation whatsoever. i take them using a tilt shift lens, manipulating the plane of focus to create depth of in situations where ordinarily there wouldn't be any--it fools the eye, hard.RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010

ive met ebaumann he can tilt shift me anytime <3mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    oh neat, i'm familiar with movements from some large format view camera work i've done in the past but I never realized there were slr lenses capable of them...
    oh and by the way you tagged your newest photos on flickr with a 2009 date...bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

^^name a time and a place james, ill tilt you so hard your face will blur ;)
    ^yea they are really fun to work with, gets you thinking in different ways about what might be creatively possible for a photos, its great for portraits too. thanks for the heads up on the date tag! dont want to appear to be living in the past hahaRIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorIV

Your photos are really fantastic Eric, I just spent the better part of my morning going through the link in your sig.
    @Bach~ez - Nice fork choice.

@BAUMANN - Fantastic composition for the posted images, very interesting. . . looking forward to your blog.

@it's jitensha - Perfect exposure.

[:|][all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010 edited

IV - wow, thanks for taking the time to check out my work, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Robot - glad you like the photos and thanks for checking out the blog, I'm thinking ill be buying a g11 before long, dunno how much longer ill be into luggin around the 5d2 for the daily photo.RIDE METAL
    Bach~ez:FUCK YEAH!
    935_0336
    935_0337
    935_0338
    i need full fenders & knobbies

Knobbies?

I got a set Of CST(traveler cross) Baltimorian Gave me for 10.00 You want Them?

10.00 For the pair
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

is the pink square in the bottom left in this photo and this photo because of something I did? usually I don't mind irregularities like this, but these are distracting to me. they aren't in any of the other photos, not even the one immediately following it that has very nearly the same light.
    looks like lens flare to me, just giant and diffuse making it hard to identify. either get a hood for your lens or try not to shoot with bright light sources in or near the framebowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

so, it was the sun and my positioning then. it's just a 35 mm point and shoot so I can't put a hood on it or whatever. thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

you can make a hood out of anything, like a piece of paper and tape.this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

I will keep that in mind next time the gparents make me go walk around in the woods with them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

leaves and a vine? Mud and bark? your hand?this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

oh, I was serious. we have to take a walk in the woods somewhere every time I visit. I will really have a makeshift something or other for the future. can't re-do those moments and they won't live forever.
    anybody have suggestions on a place or places in boston to get used lenses? starting to get back into it and i'm trying to get a solid set of 3 lenses together to cover the bases. I'm thinking prime wide and med tele paired with a zoom macro focus med-long tele. advice?

i have an smc pentax-a 50mm f1.7 which i am quite happy with filling in the prime med-tele slot (nice, sharp images above f3.5 and a razor thin dof). i also currently have a non series 1 vivitar 75-205 f3.8 one-touch that performs admirably well but what i really want is one of the group 3 vivitar series 1 70-210 f2.8-f4 lenses with the auto aperture setting for pentax k mount for its greater max magnification on macro focus and not having to bother with stop-down metering but i havent been able to find anything on ebay or the like. edit: now religiously watching a particular ebay listing....on a semi-related note, can anybody comment on whether or not a lens adapter will affect optical performance?

also, got any suggestions on a wide angle prime for the aps-c format? something affordable and available with pentax mountbowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthormauspad

meghan what kind of 35mm camera did you use for those pictures?
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

an olympus stylus. why?
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

it's jitensha:anybody have suggestions on a place or places in boston to get used lenses? starting to get back into it and i'm trying to get a solid set of 3 lenses together to cover the bases. I'm thinking prime wide and med tele paired with a zoom macro focus med-long tele. advice?

i have an smc pentax-a 50mm f1.7 which i am quite happy with filling in the prime med-tele slot (nice, sharp images above f3.5 and a razor thin dof). i also currently have a non series 1 vivitar 75-205 f3.8 one-touch that performs admirably well but what i really want is one of the group 3 vivitar series 1 70-210 f2.8-f4 lenses with the auto aperture setting for pentax k mount for its greater max magnification on macro focus and not having to bother with stop-down metering but i havent been able to find anything on ebay or the like. edit: now religiously watching a particular ebay listing....on a semi-related note, can anybody comment on whether or not a lens adapter will affect optical performance?

also, got any suggestions on a wide angle prime for the aps-c format? something affordable and available with pentax mount

when i worked at hunts in melrose, we always had tons of used lenses kickin around. that was a few years back so I dont know what they have now but that would be the first place I would call. just make sure you call the store in melrose as it has a much larger inventory than the boston/cambridge stores.RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthormauspad

gemathy:an olympus stylus. why?
    they look real good is all.
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

ah. well, my grandma slammed it in the trunk of the car, so I have to get a new one.

or does anyone know some legit camera repair shops?
    • CommentAuthorSparky

it's jitensha:anybody have suggestions on a place or places in boston to get used lenses? starting to get back into it and i'm trying to get a solid set of 3 lenses together to cover the bases. I'm thinking prime wide and med tele paired with a zoom macro focus med-long tele. advice?

also, got any suggestions on a wide angle prime for the aps-c format? something affordable and available with pentax mount

You might also try E.P. Levine down at Black Falcon. Used selection is pretty good.Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010

^i really like your wordpress blog....but i dont want to pay for a domain or deal with php/sql setup...
    came up with this on wordpress.com after playing around for a bit. if you arent willing to pay they severely limit howmuch you can customise....at least its a bit nicer for presentation than flickr

http://jitenshadesu.wordpress.com

also:anybody want either a 58mm circular polarizer or 49mm UV? the CPOL has some play in it, but the optics are fine

both free.bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010 edited

somerville hooptie

nice whip.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010

Royal H Cycles

www.365in2010.comRIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010

Ugh... I want your lens eric. So badly. and by lens. I really mean all of them. And of course, the cameras too. I need to start taking pictures again.

Do you scan most your negs, or actually print then scan.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010

i think he does digitalsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.