Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

not to be redundant to the intro thread, but....

Basically just wanted to see who is @ BU since the boards appear to have gotten a lot of new folks lately, and I've been out of the loop. I'm over @ the School of Theology building off of Marsh Plaza and the School of Public Health down in BUMC mostly.

I know (think) Kilgore and Lexself are over here, but who else?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008

i think i had a conversation with you about threadless once.
    Theology. Nice. I was a philosophy student...but I got out of college like 7 years ago, and wasn't BU.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I just moved here
    im an engineering student at BU
    • CommentAuthorcindierock
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited

BU CAS and my boy is ENG
    cfa vis arts
    live over in west
    i just graduated from BU. lived on bay state, south, went to england, oxford
    rode a green mercier, hated on everyone
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited

I work around that area.
    Way too old to be a student.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    mauspad:i think i had a conversation with you about threadless once.

That'd be me.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorcindierock
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008 edited

on a side note, i wish BU would get better bike racks. it takes me like 15 minutes to realize that my bike is too small for the rack that is just like a long row of coat hangers connected and that i just have to lock the top tube to the end of it..... and i am paranoid about locking to parking meters on comm ave ever since that whole thing where they cut locks.

Dear BU, these suck. <3Cindy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008

Yeah i hate trying to finagle my lock around those. They only work if you have one of those huge locks.. (i didn't go to BU but i hate those bike racks)Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    Dan Roch:Yeah i hate trying to finagle my lock around those. They only work if you have one of those huge locks.. (i didn't go to BU but i hate those bike racks)

the sad thing is that i think i have a huge lock (the like standard $23 krypto one) ... those racks suck unless you have the bike and lock combo pictured above... anything else and you have no luck
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008 edited

^ right and you'll just end up scratching your frame and being sad. And be honest people when you scratch your bike (even if you hate it) you still shed a tear(or maybe i just like my bikes to much)Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    really? i was able to lock to those things fine. and i can't really see how a bike can be too short for a rack; all you need to do is lift it.
    • CommentAuthorgone

Put down the cigarette and act like a true girl.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHamburger

^ uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhPeople make decisions.
    kilgore_trout:really? i was able to lock to those things fine. and i can't really see how a bike can be too short for a rack; all you need to do is lift it.

when i lift it, it just falls down. trust me, it does not work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008

^generally having your bikes hanging from your lock isn't the most ideal locking situation it tends to sway in either direction. Shrink and get a smaller bike and you'll understand. If it was not a bad bike rack you wouldn't have to lift your bikes at all to lock it. Not that im saying its hard to do just thats its a pain and its unstable.Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    • CommentAuthorrigby
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008

i just graduated from BU as well. they can be really lame sometimes with their attitude toward bikers, considering so many students use it as their main mode of transportation. i'm sure people remember last may when they went around cutting bikes off of trees benches and meters without informing the owners! bad, BU, very bad.
    • CommentAuthorNotAMasheen
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008 edited

former BU bike kid. i hear after this past summer erc has changed forever, tragicKeepin' it Posi
    i'm surprised at the number of former cycling classmates i have on here. wonder why we never hung out around the ol' campus...

...oh yeah, because i made it a point to only use bu for class and nothing else
    current student, CAS soph., lived in danielson last year, this year off campus way out by washington st & comm ave.

my ride is a blue motobecane with white deep Vs. say hi or something.
    NotAMasheen:. . .i hear after this past summer erc has changed forever, tragic

What's the story?
    -Robot[all your base are belong to us]

meh. i was never a fan of that place. food/tea was decent, service not so good, patronage not good at all
    robotbuilder:

What's the story?
    -Robot

does this have something to do with the bagel debacle that happened this summer?
    or the picnic table?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    WTF is everyone talking about?[all your base are belong to us]
    robotbuilder:WTF is everyone talking about?

look at the title of this thread. then re-think whether or not your question is even worth asking
    robotbuilder:WTF is everyone talking about?

we are trying to guess what NotAMasheen is talking about