Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Last night around midnight i was hit by a cab at Allston and Comm. Ave. The fucker ran a red light and I was thrown up onto th windsheild and thoroughly fuck his shit up but i broke my collar bone. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations about who i should contact for representation. If anyone has had first hand experience with the lawyer that would be awesome. Thanks people.
    it's somewhere in here
    http://bostonfixed.us/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1696
    get lawyer asap
    i assume you have all the cabbies information?

there is a popular bike lawyer that advertises in the phoenix or dig, i forget which, but he has a pretty big noticeable ad.

Hope you feel better doood!
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2008

this is one of them, jason & fischer. Andrew Fischer is the one you want I believe.
    http://www.bikeattorney.com/
    • CommentAuthorChromeLugs
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2008

Adam's got the idea. Good luck! Keep us updated. I'm always down with hearing about cabbie being brought to justice. At least go after the company for the big $$$$$$$$$$I prefer 49x16
    Hope your ok, all things considering. Heal soon!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2014

Thread seemed worth resurrecting

Anyone have any advice for or experience with reporting animal cruelty?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

ooo, what's the story?
    http://www.mspca.org/programs/cruelty-prevention/
    MSPCA law enforcement. They are a private law enforcement division and will act on all calls apart from the BPD.

the ARL also has their own division but i believe they will just take the case to the BPD
    (617) 226-5610(617) 226-5610
    cruelty@arlboston.org'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

My concern is that reporting a man who beats his dog may end up meaning that the dog is put down. She has violent tendencies toward other dogs, which is understandable considering the treatment she's received, but the mspca probably won't have the resources to rehabilitate her?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Looking for other avenues that don't involve the police as well
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

MSPCA + dog rescue?

If nothing else, check the ASPCA articles on reporting animal cruelty, which might give you some insight on how to proceed.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

guns. guns are the solution
    Do you know Amy Brown? She's been doing a lot of work with pit rescue lately. Id say try and find an independent kennel or something if possible. If its bad though, I'd really call the MSPCA, since they rant connected to the PD they'd be much more willing to work with cases like that i bet. They probably see it all the time. Even if you just called and asked what the deal was in those cases.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Dora talked to Amy, but she said that the chance of euthanasia is high if the dog is violent
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Mspca's enforcement page says that their main focus is educating pet owners rather than taking animals away
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Is kidnapping an option?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    nerdo:Is kidnapping an option?
    'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Not by me, but I'm happy to provide details to any vigilantes
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

:(Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

this situation stinks. idk what to dooooooMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

also after friday, i/we won't know how to find these peopleMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Im stopping by the ARL after work to drop off some donations, let me ask what they suggest. I don't know deets, so i'll just see what they have to say.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

<3 thanks alex!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Hey Dora and Alex,
    I talked to the guys at ARL last night and unfortunately they couldn't give me a whole lot of info since i didn't know the whole deal with the situation. they highly recommend you call them or the MSPCA authorities. They said most programs are at least willing to work with a dog taken out of an abusive situation, they will do a behavioral evaluation, especially is there is any case to be made for the dog. I really suggest even if you don't call the authorities, just call the ARL or MSPCA and talk with them about options.
    Wish I could have gotten more info, i hope that helps though!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2014

That totally does help, thank you for doing that!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    This will prolly be a very controversial post, but here goes...

It might be better for the dog to be "put to sleep" (reporting) than to be tortured by some turbo-clown for the rest of it's life (not reporting).

Also, as to vigilantes stuff, I would never kidnap a dog, but I might very well treat an owner the way he treats his pets.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2014 edited

Make 100% certain that there is abuse. I have a big dog and we play rough. Big dogs love to play rough. We shove eachother around. I don't punch him, but I will give him a light kick in the butt sometimes. Some people can lose sense of reason when they perceive abuse and think they are rescuing a dog. I don't know the details here, just make sure you take a step back and ask yourself whether you are 100% sure there is abuse before you ruin both the owner and the dog's lives.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2014

@dog: dalex told the story on friday. 100% abuse.
    .You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPiranha666
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014

rock dathe - I used to work with some small time (huge heart) rescuers in the camb/boston area. They're the people who rescue the animals that animal control/mspca would put to sleep or not bother with. A dog is a huge responsibility, but they have a lot of connections. I'll can send out feelers if you want a me to contact them.

I assume that the only course of action that we would lawfully be able to take, with the highest chance of saving the dog, is finding someone licensed or working with animals that is willing to take the dog. They'll need to know dog type/size, if possible. Then we call for an arrest, and when we do, tell them the place accepting the dog. I'm not 100% on this method, but if you really think this dog needs to be saved and are willing to see this through, I can run it by my peeps, but we need the witnesses.