Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

•  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

^now I know what I want to be when I grow up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I'd say you're 6 pushups and a license to kill away from your dream.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    rock death:

Aeropork.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    MotoKopper in Inman Sq, on Broadway near Inman St.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2013 edited

^Meant to post that when I got in to work, but I forgot. Definitely appeared to be there for bikes.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2013

Brookline's finest posted up at Marion/Beacon every morning the last week. Cruiser double parked..sometimes in the bike lane.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2013

Cruiser with a cop standing outside it on the sidewalk looking back down the road on Hampshire heading toward Kendall just after Windsor St this morning. Not sure if they were out for bikes, but looked likely.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

PoPo's on the loose on Hampshire Street in Cambridge, between Prospect and Kendall (mostly near Lord Hobo). They had a couple bikes pulled over, I asked what they were looking for, they said people running the reds.unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I've personally seen at least half a dozen cars run lights this morning and none pulled over, some were at the next intersection."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013 edited

If you wanted to get from the bay to the west end efficiently and legally on Storrow, you're SOL until a side street utility project is done, because in the meantime Staties watching it right under the 30mph sign will pull you off the road and argue with you.

Guess they'd better use one of the 5 lanes on Charles for a contra flow bike lane, or imma keep bothering cops on storrow. Who the fuck designed this place."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Andy:Who the fuck designed this place.
    'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Puritans. The fucking Puritans.

also ^666th comment! (by my count anyway)DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013

AND THEN I was riding down congress and there was a truck driving down the bike lane behind me, so I slowed down early to turn so they would get back in the car lane and it turned out to be a logo'd Boston Police cruiser. Wtf."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2013

Second day in a row I've seen a cop hiding near the firehouse at that shitty 5-way intersection in Inman (across from 1369) catching the commuting crowd coming from Beacon.

Watch yo'selves!unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014

CPD ticketing in central. Mass ave @ main
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2014

Brookline Cops out on Beacon opposite the end of Winchester.
    Giving warnings...at least I got one for crossing half of beacon on a red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

Ironically, while there was a cop waiting on beacon to catch bicyclists yesterday evening, when i and the little old lady in a suv next to me nearly got creamed by a car running the red, the cop did fuck all.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

i pointed out someone parked in the bike lane literally 50ft away...but didn't want to push it given they were only giving me a warning.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2014 edited

It's stop-and-frisk for bikes. They're not there for the general good of the public. They're there to punish cyclists into submission.

Edit: Speaking of stop-and-frisk, here's some fun reading on race and justice.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    JimmyJ:Brookline Cops out on Beacon opposite the end of Winchester.
    Giving warnings...at least I got one for crossing half of beacon on a red.

Wish they'd been there yesterday for the cab taking a left through me from the right lanei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2014

Ticketing in central sq at the park at mass ave and Sidney.
    Bike cops are out on Mass Ave across from Tosci park. Looks like they're doing crosswalk enforcement but may also be watching for people running the red at Mass x Brookline.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014

Saw a bike cop writing a ticket at the intersection of Beacon and Somerville.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2014

That cop is still there. Stopped me this morning for rolling through the Cedar @ Somerville red light. Due to it being a cop, and the pissing mist I gave him a lot of sass. I thought he was trying to pull me over for a right on red onto somerville, but he said no, the other one, and went "If you say so". He decided to go down that road and eventually said: "Do you think the rules are different for cyclists?" and I replied with "They ought to be, I'm not a 2,000lb vehicle." And then after he took my license and started writing an elderly woman, in her 60s, came up and asked me what the hub-bub was about, so I told her for rolling through the red. And she made a comical exasperated look on her face saying "I do that all the time! Is he giving you a ticket?" And I replied "We'll see." Just gave me a warning (which I don't think I need to send in to the court, as there is no $$$ on it???).I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    bicycle copper writing tickets in Union Sq.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2014

Good, they should put more cops on bikes and give tickets to dangerous drivers. An SUV tried to clip me yesterday in union and then said they wished they'd killed me, I'll be sure to give their description and plate to the next Somerville bike cop I see so they can keep the roads safe from these people. I'm glad they have their priorities straight."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    My guess, the cops was giving ppl on bikes tickets, and not cars.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorben

chr|s sedition:My guess, the cops was giving ppl on bikes tickets, and not cars.
    THEY WOULD NEVER DO THAT!I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

:0"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2014

They're back on Beacon @ Somerville Ave. They were not there Friday, or Yesterday(Monday)I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

also in coolidge corner again. on beacon just before you hit the big intersection heading toward downtown
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

just got one in Central @ Brookline and Mass ave. He said it was just a warning, though he checked off the violation and circled the $20 bitMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Watched some peds get a jaywalking ticket in winthrop sq. Also saw the regular number of cars running lights and speeding and almost hitting everything around them, still not being bothered by cops."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2014

Whoa. I think I just saw a bike cop in central pull over an SUV that was driving down the bike lane."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    if true, fuck yeah

What is the deal with all those stupidbig black SUVs with livery plates? I feel like I never saw many until a few months ago, ish. Is it like Uber-related or something? Or was I just oblivious before?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    JimmyJ:also in coolidge corner again. on beacon just before you hit the big intersection heading toward downtown
    fmradio516:just got one in Central @ Brookline and Mass ave. He said it was just a warning, though he checked off the violation and circled the $20 bit

They're there all the time. Don't blow the lights. Stop for peds in the crosswalk. Basically the part outside the Otto Pizza or Paris Creperie.

All this said, did anyone see the multiple police vehicle accident on Powell St @ Beacon in Brookline yesterday. Around say 6:30-7:00pm? Sadly no pictures but looked like 2 damaged cruisers.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I'm always afraid I'm going to get run the fuck over when I stop for a ped there and the car behind me doesn'ti mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^^I heard some small mention of that, any details?

A few weeks ago I almost crashed into a police car (while driving my car) because they went through a red light with lights on but no siren, and given the layout of the intersection I could not see the car/lights until it was already in the intersection. Like, motherfucker THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A SIREN.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:^^I heard some small mention of that, any details?

A few weeks ago I almost crashed into a police car (while driving my car) because they went through a red light with lights on but no siren, and given the layout of the intersection I could not see the car/lights until it was already in the intersection. Like, motherfucker THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A SIREN.

From what they tweeted at me, they were both responding to a call.

And yeah, almost go nailed by one near Aganis a few months back when they didn't slow for intersection, no lights or siren. Corinne was super mad (as a former EMT/ambulance driver).clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2014

surprisefries:^^I heard some small mention of that, any details?

A few weeks ago I almost crashed into a police car (while driving my car) because they went through a red light with lights on but no siren, and given the layout of the intersection I could not see the car/lights until it was already in the intersection. Like, motherfucker THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A SIREN.

I almost got nailed by an unmarked crown vic at Water @ Congress. I had the green, the dude had no sirens, and just flashy headlight thingies (that I couldn't see). That is a pretty blind intersection too, next thing I know he is hauling ass out in front of me while I'm at speed. I had to pull some bike voodoo shit to evade him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014

Today around 4 I was turning right from Main with the turn light onto Mass when a car cut cut me off to stop in the bike lane. I had to go around it and turn, by then it was yellow. A cop was camped half a block away and pulled me over. I calmly explained that I had to evade that dangerous driver and had not actually ran the light which he didn't seem to mind, but when I pointed out that that car was still obstructing both the bike lane and the cross walk with a walk signal on as we were talking (and then drove straight from the turn-only lane, which was why they blocked my path in the first place) the seemingly fresh-out-of-academy officer became aggressive and gave me a ticket. He probably thought I'd actually pay the $20 fine instead of the $25 court filing fee to appeal, lulz."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014

That is not how I thought that story was going to end. Figured he'd realize the real issue in the situation and actually take care of it. Guess that's too much to ask.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Cops were pulling over light runners by the Paper Source in Coolidge Corner this AM. Probably because of that speeding bike on Beacon Street that ran a light, flipped over and killed two pedestrians...oh wait, that was a car.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Yeah. Saw ton of cops out giving tickets in Beacon area last night on way home from work.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014

^^they sit there waiting for bikes to run the red turning left onto beacon from winchester too.
    (saw a dude blow that light in front of me and get pulled over this morning).

it's a double-whammy spot for them i guess. that particular bike cop is a nice enough guy at least...have had 2 warnings from him over the yeras (one there and one on longwood near the bridge).