Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Yeah, so I keep pegging chipmunks. I've nailed like 4 alone just this week. Two of them were way up on the Minuteman, and two others were on the bike path between Davis & Alewife. I must have knocked off like 7 of those things so far this summer. I felt really really bad after the first one...now, it's just getting absurd.

And then there was the Squirrel Incident. The stupid thing flipped out, and couldn't figure out which direction to go to get out of the way. So instead it just tried to bike-jack me. It launched itself on to my foot, caromed off on to my back wheel, which then catapulted the thing like three feet forward. I almost crashed because I was laughing so hard.

So, do I give biking to keep the blood of my hands, or do I start putting notches in my frame every time I take one of those things down?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2008

Glue an acorn to your frame for each one. Crazy kamikaze bastards.Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCarney

^+1

it's kind of sad, but also fucking hysterical...I wish everyone else were dead.
    • CommentAuthorcindierock

not as bad as when birds fly at your face and you're afraid you'll end up breaking your nose on a bird like fabio did on a rollercoaster...
    Oh... pshh! I thought it said, Bike Death.

Hey, ever thrown a chipmunk from a balcony?Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    iPhone Punk:Hey, ever thrown a chipmunk from a balcony?

Naw, I only do that with babies.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCasper

I had a Canadian goose fly into the triangle of my bike frame. My friend chased after one and the boid fled right into me. I picked my legs up and tried to slow down while the thing flipped out and crapped everywhere. He fell out and walked away. He seemed okay, I was spooked. Other than that I haven't had or heard of many bike/animal collisions.

How does such a thin tire hit such a small creature so consistently?I cut it three times and it's still too short!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

a kid i know hit a goose during a road race at speed and stayed upright, that was pretty impressive. otherwise, i have not seen much in the way of bicycle/animal interactions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJroc

Casper:I had a Canadian goose fly into the triangle of my bike frame. My friend chased after one and the boid fled right into me. I picked my legs up and tried to slow down while the thing flipped out and crapped everywhere. He fell out and walked away. He seemed okay, I was spooked. Other than that I haven't had or heard of many bike/animal collisions.

How does such a thin tire hit such a small creature so consistently?

I was riding through the River park off Brookline ave, and there were like 2 or three geese just grazing and one started hissing and tried to stand me off like some kinda dirty harry bird. I thought it was going to pounce my bike-jroc
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008

I hit a rat in back bay one time...
    • CommentAuthormeetball

had a goose fly right into my chest, fell over my handlebars and flopped off my front wheel, got up and waddled away

had a rat leap out of a hole in an alley wall and get tangled in my front wheel before spiralling out somewhere into the darkness.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

i ran over a cat. completely. he wasn't phased, not even a little.out of true.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClkWqtqopzU
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

last fall a squirrel ran in between my wheels and i ended up running it over with my rear, which then somehow catapulted it up into the air behind me. the thing landed and took off with fervor.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    i remember that story. i have yet to hit anything. except a lady getting off a bus, but that's a different story.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^ok, I want to hear that story.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.