Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

That's 69 gear inches, pretty low, good party speed I would say. What's your current ratio?
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2014

46\15Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    That's 82.8. So yeah 17 or 18 would both be big jumps
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014

lost my geekhouse/cuppow cycling cap somewhere in jp(if you see it)
    the one with all the funky colors
    i guess they sold out recently, if you have one and dont want it id buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2014

Anybody got a rear road wheel (10spd) or rim (32 hole, Open Pro preferred) they want to sell me? Pretty please? Mine has 3 different hops that have turned into cracks, and the cassette is fused onto the hub. Yikes.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Some dipshit stole my seat and post last week. Not really mad since I got both of them for free and the saddle was uncomfortable as fuuuuck.

Part A: If you see a Selle Italia Nitrox saddle (looks like this) on craigslist or on a bike let me know. I was planning on selling it on eBay.

Part B: Anyone got a Flite or SLR or similar lying around? I'm gonna jb-weld the seatpost into the frame probably...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Craigglesofdoom:Part B: Anyone got a Flite or SLR or similar lying around? I'm gonna jb-weld the seatpost into the frame probably...
    what the... don't do that craig. don't ruin the frame. what if you want to put a different seat on, and now you have to change the post height?
    and i swear to god if this is for clowntown and not the GT, i got the damn seatpost unstuck, don't you dare get it stuck on purpose.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014

WTB:

Trying to find an inexpensive frame(set)

52cm road/track frame (track ends), ideally with fender bosses, 1 1/8" headtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014

Interested in my steamroller frameset? 53 c-t $150 obo?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    seanile mick:
    Craigglesofdoom:Part B: Anyone got a Flite or SLR or similar lying around? I'm gonna jb-weld the seatpost into the frame probably...
    what the... don't do that craig. don't ruin the frame. what if you want to put a different seat on, and now you have to change the post height?
    and i swear to god if this is for clowntown and not the GT, i got the damn seatpost unstuck, don't you dare get it stuck on purpose.

Hahahaha

It's the GT...i'm not REALLY going to do it...maybeNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Sounds like you're leaving too many bikes outside. Don't get that GT stolen again! It's got some good history...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Sirslee craig, learn to bring your bikes inside..somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthordoug?

Uh, why not loop a chain through the stays and saddle rails? That seems easier than trying to JB weld a seatpost in at the correct height.
    All it would take is a saddle with tweaked rails while you're installing that, and you'd effectively destroy that frame.
    nerdo:Sounds like you're leaving too many bikes outside. Don't get that GT stolen again! It's got some good history...

seanile mick:Sirslee craig, learn to bring your bikes inside..

Seat got stolen between 3:00 and 4:30 last tuesday along with the seats of half my coworkers and a few dozen people in the north end who all came in for seat/post replacements. Fuckin' shitty, I think I know who did it anyway.

A chain is actually a great idea!Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014 edited

bike chain inside old tube prevents damage
    Craigglesofdoom:
    nerdo:Sounds like you're leaving too many bikes outside. Don't get that GT stolen again! It's got some good history...

seanile mick:Sirslee craig, learn to bring your bikes inside..

Seat got stolen between 3:00 and 4:30 last tuesday along with the seats of half my coworkers and a few dozen people in the north end who all came in for seat/post replacements. Fuckin' shitty, I think I know who did it anyway.

A chain is actually a great idea!

And they need all these seats/posts why?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Hard to find a seatpost that fits certain older Peugeots..."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Someone sell me a goddamn saddle, I don't need to psychoanalyze the thief...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

i have a black concor that doesnt fit me right, will sell
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Ooh, I might be interested in that Concor if Craig doesn't take it.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

this is it, came on my khs track when i bought it, looks leather maybe some wear on the sides
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I'm selling my white turbo $35"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick

6kidz:Hard to find a seatpost that fits certain older Peugeots...
    well done
    Craigglesofdoom:Someone sell me a goddamn saddle, I don't need to psychoanalyze the thief...
    if you want to wait until the weekend before thanksgiving i can sell you this:
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I think I'm gonna go for the concor.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

6kidz:I'm selling my white turbo $35

haha ditching it after sunday?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

6kidz:Hard to find a seatpost that fits certain older Peugeots...

oh yea?
    what size is that seatpost?
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    seanile mick:if you want to wait until the weekend before thanksgiving

ARE YOU COMING HEREDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    mmmmmhm tentatively the weekend before turkey daysomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014

dora:
    6kidz:I'm selling my white turbo $35

haha ditching it after sunday?

Yes my tuckus is not meant for that saddle."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2014

WTB a decent hybrid or rigid mtb with slicks with straight/riser bars for someone 5'6""Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    6kidz:WTB a decent hybrid or rigid mtb with slicks with straight/riser bars for someone 5'6"

Maybe Tom's Croll?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2014

WTB : Steel Road Frame(set) 55-56cm. Need to rebuild over the next few cold months.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2014

Are there any local shops that have All City cranks right now? 165?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Looking for bar end shifters! Preferably, shimano!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Any square taper 165 cranks will do, though. I can't think of any shops that regularly stock these things."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    i can order whatever you need,have it by tuesday mid day. text me if you want to go that route
    i can order whatever you need,have it by tuesday mid day. text me if you want to go that route
    Nandy:Any square taper 165 cranks will do, though. I can't think of any shops that regularly stock these things.

I have a couple SRAM S100 cranksets that are 165 and a set of 170 all-city cranks. the S100's are powerspline, thoughNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

yeah, I bought the S100s accidentally thinking they were squares, and the internet says powersplines suck ass balls so I'm gonna get rid of them now. But now I need other cranks :c BTW, selling a 48t, 165 S100 crankset, NIB, $50

It's for a 650c fixed, so I think 170s would be a bad idea..."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I've never had a problem with powerspline stuff (it's on a bunch of our rental bikes too) but I guess YMMV. It's basically octalink but SRAM's version.

170's would probably not work. I think I might have a set of 165mm cranks at home with a weird BCD, i'll check later...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Sweet, let me know! It just seemed like the reviews I found were overwhelmingly negative and that most shops wouldn't stock it. I'm sure they're not actually that bad for most riders."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nandy:It's for a 650c fixed, so I think 170s would be a bad idea...

Aww man, if it had been 175s I might have a new signaturei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014

wtb: 90mm quill stem
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014

I'm kind of in the market for an aero/tt frame that has an English bb and takes a 1 1/8 headset. Must be on the large side, and no 650c.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2014

wtb: Shimano 10 spd brifters. Either a set or just a rear. Prefer 105, but open to others.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2014

I've got a set of ultegra 6600's
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2014

Does anyone have an ipod classic they'd sell me for a reasonable price?
    I'm in desperate need.
    I've been good to you people. Someone please come through.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

i might have some broken ones
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I'll take whatever you've got and try to fix them. Music is a massive part of my life and I fuxxed up by not buying an extra 160G when they were still making those. Now they're not even making the 120G and my current is getting to the point where I'm going to expect failure. I know everything went to the cloud, but I really never thought that the market for players you could use without an internet connection would dry up like that.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

theres some 160's on CL if you got the money

i think mine are 30gb maybe 80