Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2014

I have a small one/nano you can have"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

Just bought a new bike for my commute, came with tubular wheelset.

Looking for a clincher wheelset 700c. HALP!
    ^I have several front wheels and I might have a rear lying around. Nothing matchy-matchy.

Of note, I have a pretty nice Ksyrium front that you can have for $30. It's well used but true, round, smooth, and never broken a spoke. Decals are extremely faded and the brake track is worn but has plenty of life left. Comes with fresh-as-of-6-months-ago velox rim tape.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorryan t

What bike is it? It's probably fairly sick if it came with tubies.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

ryan t:What bike is it? It's probably fairly sick if it came with tubies.

I find it to be a 'fairly sick' commuter. But from the little research i've done it's a late 80s Cannondale SR600 (I'll post pics when I'm home in the New Bike thread) so it's pretty old and has some components that definitely need some updates.

Craigglesofdoom:^I have several front wheels and I might have a rear lying around. Nothing matchy-matchy.

Of note, I have a pretty nice Ksyrium front that you can have for $30. It's well used but true, round, smooth, and never broken a spoke. Decals are extremely faded and the brake track is worn but has plenty of life left. Comes with fresh-as-of-6-months-ago velox rim tape.

Craig, I would definitely be interested in checking out what you've got.

Also, I need to swap out the original cannondale steel lugged fork (believe it's a 1") for a new fork. I have a carbon fork laying around with an aluminum stem but it's 1 1/8 - so anyone have any suggestions on where to find a steel fork replacement? Idk if this is helpful, but I plan on riding this bike in all weather conditions.
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Oh cool! Only thing with a bike that old is that you can't use a modern rear wheel because of the rear spacing issue. The easiest thing to do might be to just get a new front wheel and take your chances with the rear one.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

You're right, I didn't even think to measure the rear spacing. I doubt it'll fit a 135mm and since it's aluminum I'm sort of stuck with either finding an older rear wheel, or building up a new wheel entirely from an old hub (trying to avoid investing money into my commuter bike).
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Yeah I have a Cannondale road frame from 1990 or something and it had 126mm rear spacing for 6/7spd
    ^^^I also have a threaded 1" fork (black) you could have for cheeepNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Anyone have a decent windows laptop they want to sell for cheap?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014 edited

neverMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014 edited

mindMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015

Does anybody have a rear derailleur I can buy? 10-spd Shimano? Mine failed spectacularly.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015

Morgan has oneMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2015

WTB 3 big ass suitcases and one medium one
    rock dathe:WTB 3 big ass suitcases and one medium one

Care what kind, or just need something?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2015

Your prices are too high though
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2015

WTB: Dura-Ace 7800 group. Maybe interested in a partial group or 7900 if the price is reasonable.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I ride DA-7800. Any reason you're particularly interested in that group? Just curious...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthormfratt

^ Love my 7400, want something a bit newer for a Torelli I'm building up. I could probably swing DA7900 or Ultegra 6800, but as far as I can tell the 7800 is the best bang for the buck. Feel free to refute me if you disagree... I'm open minded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2015

• CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2015 edited

You're selling Fir Super Rialto Grids!? Too bad I'm not running Campy.

^^My opinion on Shimano 10 (or 11 )spd is limited to only riding Ultegra 6600 and 6700. Both of those groups are fantastic; if I was to get picky, I would say that 6600 has better rear shifting and 6700 has better front shifting. I have heard that Dura Ace is often times TOO good, and as a result can be finicky. It's like having an expensive sports car and having to keep it perfectly tuned up all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

I'd skip 7900. IMO 6800 is the best value hands down. 7800 was great but I rode my 7800 enough that while cosmetically it was fine, the shifter started missing shifts (I spent a year flushing it occasionally and tuning and tweaking then said enough is enough and upgraded). 7800 is a great group and I'd run it if I had it, but I would rather go 6800 if I was buying something today. Plus 11 speed is the new standard.
    105 5800 is solid if you're looking to save even more money compared to ultegra 6800.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I like my 7800 but Morgie is right about missing shifts. I'm having trouble with my front midshift right now. I need a supreme overhaul.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    hey, does anybody have a rear disc tubie wheel with a disc brake hub? Hit me up asap. I want one for cross.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    trying to jack Paul Curley's steez?You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015

If you get your hands on a hub I still have those carbon tubulars hanging around.
    • CommentAuthorrootxbeer
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015

Anyone got a repair stand they don't particularly want that's pretty solid? I'm getting fed up with doing home repairs without one. Preferably looking to spend less than $100 or whatever. HmuDamn it, man! We have to get inside! Our, um, uh... Our families are-are-are in there! Our, uh, mothers and-and, tiny, tiny babies!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015

long shot but im looking for a set of force cranks in 175, a rear x9 10 spd shifter, and a rear der. to go with that (x9 or rival/force)MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015

I guess while we're at it. I guess I also need a set of nicer short rise bars 31.8MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2015 edited

WTB:

165mm crankset, 144/130bcd single

Finally decided that the ones I have on the Iro are a bit of a wreck and need to be swapped
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015

wtb
    wireless router for less than 30$?
    fmradio516:I guess while we're at it. I guess I also need a set of nicer short rise bars 31.8

How short, and how much rise? I might have something (you could have for free).All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2015

Sweeeet. When I said short, I meant low-rise. not narrow. enough real estate for grips, brake levers and trigger shifters.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2015

1" quill stem, on the fly or I'll be subject to another painful week of public transportation....
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015

^ I got my hands on one yesterday, phew. I'll know how to PM if this one fails on me.
    WTB: A sled
    WTB 1 cheapo narrow cross tire someone has laying around. Tried to go mullet setup but my langster just barely can't clear the 35c cross tire I have.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:WTB 1 cheapo narrow cross tire someone has laying around. Tried to go mullet setup but my langster just barely can't clear the 35c cross tire I have.

Does it actually measure out at 35mm?

-Eclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015

cambo has 32mm ritchey cross tires.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2015

simple pair of matching fixed wheels - don't need anything insane. very open to options - $200-$300 for a set would be awesome.

1'' headset - something italian

black white industries cranks - i have a chainring that will never be used again unless i find a pair of cranks for it. alternatively - anything 144bcd 170

pedals - whatcha got you wanna unload?enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2015

^ I've got a pair of MKS GR 9 (silver) Bearings are all good, just been lying around 8/10 condition. These are my fav platforms. $20 pickup in Chinatown / Winter Hilly
    A guy came through the shop yesterday looking for a Dura Ace 7970 rear derailleur - Di2 10 speed. These are not available through any distributor anymore, does anyone have one or know anyone who does? He's not afraid of price but doesn't want to do ebay.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2015

Why not buy one on ebay, and sell it to him for $100 more than you paid for it?
    Morgie:Why not buy one on ebay, and sell it to him for $100 more than you paid for it?

I'm too nice for that dammit D:Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Need a long reach front brake caliper. Somthing deacent enough to throw me over my bars.
    It fits, thanks David!
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Tighttttttt
    #madtarckbroNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt