Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

WTB a chrome 1 1/8 straight blade fork. Like a tange or something. Can be pretty short.

Also looking for a long, 1" thread-less fork that I can use on a old 26 mountain bike frame. Any ideas on this would be welcomed.
    Tiny clearance was not an issue today. Much success.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    That's awesome. How was it compared to double skinny tires?
    Way less rear wheel skiddage,DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015

Does anyone have some sort of pickup we could rent or pay you to drive for the Bike Swap?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015

Any shop people know if they have a large 29er box kicking around?
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2015 edited

Looking for a fixed gear wheelset and crankset. It's going on a winter beater so doesn't need to be fancy, but not total shit either.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ben:Looking for a fixed gear wheelset and crankset. It's going on a winter beater so doesn't need to be fancy, but not total shit either.

I have Alexrims DA28 laced to Surly hubs for sale. No cranks atm though. The wheelset has a white ind. freewheel attached which I'm also trying to sell but can remove if you're not interested.and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2015

Definitely going fixed so I wouldn't need the freewheel. What are you looking to get for them? How many spokes / what condition?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2015

WTB: Zefal Flamingo fender like this:

MUFFDVR
    ben:Definitely going fixed

Teehee
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015

Ben I have two sets of D-A 7402 cranks if you want one
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

cambo has all of the zefal fenders you wantttt or steal them off of your friend's bikeeeee
    is cambo cambridge bikes bc I actually need to get one of these.

I definitely sold someone my old track bike with my fender on it, and then threw in my race blades for free bc they were warped/missing some of the bands (but were still totally functional) and I was excited to move the bike and because I'm smart like thatand then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    also that picture with "teehee" has me creasing every time I see it. and I keep scrolling up to see it.and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

whoever stole my gitane track bike got my flamingo that i had FOREVER. sad.MUFFDVR
    different model but looks almsot exactly the same? at cb for 15 bones plus hansey boy alex helped me pick it out <3_<3and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    • CommentAuthorbaker
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015

WTB decent cantilever brakeset for wifebike. Have tektro mini Vs for potential trade. Thx!I am the reason your son is crying.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015

I'm looking for a big ass spacer for a 1" threaded headset. Needs to have around 1" (25mm) of stack.
    what's an ass spacer?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    tinyhonkshus:what's an ass spacer?

¯\_(?)_/¯and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2015 edited

Thanks you should see the offers I got!

ryan t:I'm looking for a big-ass spacer for a 1" threaded headset. Needs to have around 1" (25mm) of stack.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2015

WTB: some single speed chainring bolts. Pref black or red or something like that. No silverMUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2015

WTB: Park Tool Mechanic Stand, Truing Stand (No Dials Needed)
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2015

ThreePete:WTB: Park Tool Mechanic Stand, Truing Stand (No Dials Needed)

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bop/4900341192.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

tyler:

If you want a repair stand AVOID THIS SHIT AT ALL COSTS THIS IS THE WORST STAND

Avoid park folding stands in general
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

gastronomin:different model but looks almsot exactly the same? at cb for 15 bones plus hansey boy alex helped me pick it out <3_<3

A rugged fender for a rugged gentleman
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015

rock dathe:
    tyler:

If you want a repair stand AVOID THIS SHIT AT ALL COSTS THIS IS THE WORST STAND

Avoid park folding stands in general

Thanks for the heads up, glad I didn't buy it.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2015

Looking for front derailleur clamp shim for 31.8 to 28.6
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2015

WTB: flat bar brake levers and accompanying brake calipersI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

@ben

road caliper style brakes for the beater I assume? I've got some (got a cheaper set of tektros and a nicer set of ultegra's depending on what you want.)

for levers I have a set of these, but I kind of want to keep them: http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-Flat-Handlebar-Bicycle-Lever/dp/B00MVIONIY

CB usually stocks them in silver and black, at around $30 they are pretty decent and include and cables and housing. I also have a bunch of mis-matched levers if you want to get really beater status on it, but that would drive me a little nuts!
    • CommentAuthorben

Yeah short reach road calipers. Cheap tektros if they fit the bill.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorMJ

size clamp for the levers?
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2015 edited

buying a semi-complete and don't actually have my hands on the bards yet. They're 31.8 at the stem, but i have no idea what that means for levers. Standard mountain? 22.2?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo

I have a pair of Tektro MT3.0 levers available, with 22.2mm clamp diameter. I just took them off my upright bike yesterday to replace them with longer levers.
    WTB:

1. Short/shallow road drops, neighborhood 38cm. 31.8 clamp plz
    2. 80mm neighborhood road stem. any color, brand.
    3. 1" to 1-1/8 shim/adapter.
    4. 1" threadless headset. any will do.

whatcha got?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Anyone have some Paul Rack Adaptors?

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    haha. $28.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Craigglesofdoom:WTB:

1. Short/shallow road drops, neighborhood 38cm. 31.8 clamp plz
    2. 80mm neighborhood road stem. any color, brand.
    3. 1" to 1-1/8 shim/adapter.
    4. 1" threadless headset. any will do.

whatcha got?

STILL NEEDNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015

Small bars you might be better off buying. I got super lucky finding 38s at a swap, but they're rare, even new."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Looking for a 48ish SS alu townie bike for someone new to riding in the city, and as an adult.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2015

Need a 25.8 clamp quill stemMUFFDVR
    I totally have a bar-stem combo to get rid of but none of you picky jerks want the right size! (80cm 26 clamp VO Grand Cru quill stem, 40cm Soma Highway One bars)

Also I left it at Hub three months ago and keep forgetting to pick it up.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2015

I need a 26.6cm seatpost that isn't a piece of junk. Needs >185mm of usable length (so, 250ish overall?).
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015

WTB brooks cambium saddle.

I don't suppose anyone here has one to sell.
    So where would be best, a shop or the interwebs?Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I think Cambridge Bikes sells them and has one you can try out first."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorben

Superb stocks them too. As does Ace in somerville. Most of the local shops, I imagine.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Jimi:WTB brooks cambium saddle.

I don't suppose anyone here has one to sell.
    So where would be best, a shop or the interwebs?

6kidz:I think Cambridge Bikes sells them and has one you can try out first.

ben:Superb stocks them too. As does Ace in somerville. Most of the local shops, I imagine.

Maybe SomerVelo?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

WTB 700x23/25c tire used but not abused, black"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

WTB your not destroyed saddle. Nothing twee or Brooks-like.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)