Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2015

Anyone have any small mountain bikes for sale? 26 or 27.5 /650B wheels. Hardtail with disc brakes preferred.
    • CommentAuthorbaker
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

175mm cranks, 110 bcd (ie compact/cx), square taper or shimano hollow gram. I have some 172.5mm fsa veros that seem to be hurting my knees. Looking for the equivalent in 175mm to buy or trade.I am the reason your son is crying.
    • CommentAuthorsean9820
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

Building up an old gary fisher hardtail kaitai xc frame...it's a beater for sure but looking to get it at least up and running.

I need the following.

Front 26" rim
    Single or Pair - 26" tires
    Front Rim Brake
    Front Fork (I don't care what)
    Headset
    Saddle
    Chain (27 speed)

Thank you! -Sean
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015 edited

baker:175mm cranks, 110 bcd (ie compact/cx), square taper or shimano hollow gram. I have some 172.5mm fsa veros that seem to be hurting my knees. Looking for the equivalent in 175mm to buy or trade.

Cranks that are too long can also cause knee pain, but if you're over 6' you might as well try 175s. That said, Lance used 175s which were pretty long for him, and Andy Schleck used 172.5s which are short for him.

As a general rule, shorter cranks will save you energy- triathletes sometimes ride shorter so they don't blow themselves up on the bike portion- and time trialists sometimes go with longer cranks to get maximum power over a short distance.
    • CommentAuthorbaker
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

175s are my jam - 3/4 bikes have em. 2.5mm isn't much, so I'm surprised how weird these feel when I stomp on em.I am the reason your son is crying.
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2015

Anybody got a decent beam rack? Or any other kind of rack that will fit on a 29er with disc brakes. I'm taking the Unit out this weekend to do a section of the Bay Circuit and want to get at least some of my gear off my back.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2015

Rear hub just died. I missed the swap (*single tear). Anyone got a single-speed/freewheel (130)? If not, what should I expect to pay for one (commuter level)?I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015

Anyone have an extra u-lock they want to sell me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015

wtb a 27.4mm seatpost ?? is that real? fitting a seatpost to a new to me frame but seems like I really have to crank down hard to get a 27.2 to work. I think it'll work but im not too thrilled about it.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015

Beer can shim? Community usually keeps a bin of weird sizes."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    wtb 700c fixed wheel for my roommate. looking to keep it under 50.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2015

conor! for mod:wtb 700c fixed wheel for my roommate. looking to keep it under 50.

I have one unsealed laced to a regular profile weinmann rim. $20?MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015

triple crank set, mtn, something like an older XT would be prefect. not looking to spend a lot, so if you want top dollar don't bother, if you are it low ball offers let me know.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2015 edited

Wtb crappy 26" mtb front wheel preferably with a crappy tube and tire, also a crappy 27.2 seatpost and a crappy skewer for a 26" rear hub. Or a recommendation for a place to get this stuff, I'm out of touch."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I think he's all good on that wheel. Thanks tho!

But I need a black 80-90mm 1-1/8" 31.8mm stem. Please and thank you.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    144 bcd cranks. can't be omniums because of chainstay clearance. 172.5 preferred. I'm in Columbus, Ohio but I have a mailbox.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    paul jameson:144 bcd cranks. can't be omniums because of chainstay clearance. 172.5 preferred. I'm in Columbus, Ohio but I have a mailbox.

Weren't you in Oregon?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    yeah but now i'm waiting in columbus for Spain to let me in.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2015

finna buy a v large single-speed something with disc brakes. I guess it could have gears too and id just have to convert it.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2015

Also looking to buy a cheap singlespeed crankset. Ideally black.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015

Looking for a 56cm CX frame, ideally with bosses so that I can also throw fenders on it during the winter/shit weather.

Disc would be nice, but not 100% necessary.
    • CommentAuthorslick
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015

WTB: LG size, freight baggage SLING bag
    C'mon I know one of you bike hoarders has one stuffed away in your 08 sweet fixie closet
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Hilton's might still have a few super pros is no one else does."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I have a super pro I'd possibly part with. Ain't no sling like a Baileyworks sling.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015

WTB an complete kilo tt-level bike in 56/58? Anybody?
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015

ThreePete:WTB an complete kilo tt-level bike in 56/58? Anybody?

balls, you're a couple days late. I would have sold you the IRO angus I had =[
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2015 edited

Anyone have a fatbike they want to sell me at friend price?

Also, a large freight backpack.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2015

wtb:
    130 bcd chainring
    1" threadless headset
    9 speed trigger shifter
    flatbars
    english threaded bb
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

joeyfresh:Anyone have a fatbike they want to sell me at friend price?

Bike Island has some scratch-n-scuff ones for very good prices right now. If they had that Bluto-equipped one in my size I'd make you a friend deal on my Nashbar, but I'm not gonna fit on a 22".::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop

wtb:
    26" rear wheel with disc hub. needed for some bolt-on cog foolishness, so no problem if the freewheel is shot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

pocky:
    joeyfresh:Anyone have a fatbike they want to sell me at friend price?

Bike Island has some scratch-n-scuff ones for very good prices right now. If they had that Bluto-equipped one in my size I'd make you a friend deal on my Nashbar, but I'm not gonna fit on a 22".
    What size do you think I should be aiming for, and what size could I get away with?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Given that you fit on my 19" Nashbar and shredded the shit out of it grinning the whole time, I assume you could get away with that, but since I had to take it down more than a fistful of seatpost for you, I'd figure it's probably on the big side for you. I'd guess that in the Nashbar, you're a 17", but you could get away with the 19".

Here's the Nashbar geometry. Note that a Motobecane Lurch, which is essentially the same frame design as the Nashbar (because they're both really based on the Pugsley), has the same ETT in what they call an 18" as what Nashbar calls a 19". Check out the frame geometries for anything you're looking at and compare it with the 19" Nashbar, because you remember how that handled.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2015

That's great. Thanks, Dan. I think I will look into ordering one of these.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015

WTB: 700c disc wheelset 6 bolt 135mm rear for 10 spd, QR.

Looking for something to get the Soma up and running within the next month, nothing too crazy price wise, but something I can beat the hell out of over the winter.
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

wtb something that looks like this:

surely someone has a junk box with some short ass stem. 22.2/25.4, 50-65mm, 40 degrees. i suffer from being travel-sized.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2015

Anyone have a baileyworks super pro med or large they aren't using. I'm nostalgic for my old one strap bag.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    I have a medium purple super pro that is currently in Tyler's possession (I believe he is also not using it?) because I am an asshole, but would selli mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I dig purple name a price.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I've got a large super pro in gray you're welcome to, if the purple doesn't work out.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2015 edited

rfffafgdgdgMUFFDVR
    let me coordinate to get it back so I can refresh my memory on the condition - I'm not sure how those things depreciate in pricei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015

WTB: 700c rear wheel 10 speed 130 spacing.

rear wheel on the crux went out of true, and when I actually took a look at it, it either needs to be relaced or tossed.

So a new one, asap, would be awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015

^Me too, only 9-speed. Which should be compatible with 10-speed, no?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015 edited

wtb iphone 4/4s otterbox casesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2016

anyone have some cassette spacers?MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthortheboy
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2016

smoothness:wtb something that looks like this:

surely someone has a junk box with some short ass stem. 22.2/25.4, 50-65mm, 40 degrees. i suffer from being travel-sized.

i had one of these exact stems, i either still have it or brought it to broadway bikes at some point in the fall. will check 4 u.
    • CommentAuthortheboy
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2016

hey i've still got that stem, the 65mm one, black. yours if you still want it
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016 edited

anyone have a soccer ball they want to sell me real cheap/belated birthday gift me?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2016

wtb flat bar brake levers for canti brakes
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2016

wtb 0 setback thompson elite 27.2