Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Best local store to buy women's SPD shoes?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2016

wtb a set of decent V brakesMUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016

wtb ~2in 26in slicks (big apples or such)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2016

also wtb a sram 9 spd rear trigger shifter and a sram rear der barrel adjusterMUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2016

tinyhonkshus:Best local store to buy women's SPD shoes?

hate to say it, but rei. they'll have a selection possibly larger than most bike shops. also, you can return/exchange them if they end up sucking or hurting your feet or whatever after a few weeks or months. or try them on at rei then order online; guilt free.gone
    thanks!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    vox_pop:wtb ~2in 26in slicks (big apples or such)

I have the sick kenda white walls at UA.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2016 edited

i've got a random bontrager big hank slick for like ten bucks if you want it. only have one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016 edited

wtb 1" headset spacer
    2.5mm
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2016

kossmonaut:wtb flat bar brake levers for canti brakes
    kossmonaut:wtb 0 setback thompson elite 27.2
    kossmonaut:wtb 1" headset spacer
    2.5mm

got everything thx peeps
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2016

Does anyone have one of those front brakes for an undrilled track frame?
    you mean these?

http://www.benscycle.com/p-301-eaipromax-keirin-rear-caliper.aspxNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2016

Yeah but I'm more interested in the front one that clamps onto the fork blades. Dia Compe makes them too.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2016

He means these http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=1552A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016 edited

gonna throw this out there: get another fork with the same rake/trail...that has brakes on it. because no matter how fancy your bolt-on boobs* are...they're still bolt-ons. will definitely be cheaper if you can find an errant fork + a crown race that matches yours, so you wouldn't have to buy another headset.

*penis/hair piece/tail/tentacle/et al.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016

That's a good idea, there have to be many comparable used and new drilled track forks in the current post-fixie bike climate."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016

3rded
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016 edited

Looks like my fork has a huge extended lug on the inside of the blades, which makes it not round, and probably not good for any type of clamp. I found a Dia Compe rear brake adapter, so I was going to try the rear brake/fixed combo, and if that sucks I'll probably get it drilled.

Edit: fork matching seems like it would be really tricky on an older (probably custom) track bike. I've tried measuring fork rake at home and it was a huge pain in the ass.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016

ryan t:Looks like my fork has a huge extended lug on the inside of the blades, which makes it not round, and probably not good for any type of clamp. I found a Dia Compe rear brake adapter, so I was going to try the rear brake/fixed combo, and if that sucks I'll probably get it drilled.

Edit: fork matching seems like it would be really tricky on an older (probably custom) track bike. I've tried measuring fork rake at home and it was a huge pain in the ass.

If it were me, between axle to crown and offset, I'd just try to find something close enough. In all likelihood it's in the area of 30mm, +- 3mm.
    first of all, ride brakeless you turd.

but while I don't agree with your decisions I will fight with my life to defend your right to express them and encourage the riding of track bikes in all cases so i'm going to pitch in and say that fixed plus rear brake can be fun as hell. its an automatic skid lever. and also aesthetically one brake is worse than two or none so it doesn't matter if it's front or rear and clamp-on rear is easier than drilling the fork.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2016 edited

^I'm goofy as shit and have this idea that learning to do brakeless skids might mean falling over a couple times. Every time I've fallen over clipped in I've gotten really fucked up, so for now no thanks.

^^Is 30mm what they use for track forks? My fork is looks to be around 43-45, so more like a road fork. However, it's slightly smaller than a road fork, so that's the kicker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

MJ:If it were me, between axle to crown and offset, I'd just try to find something close enough. In all likelihood it's in the area of 30mm, +- 3mm.

This. Remember that adding 20mm more axle-to-crown plus 5mm more offset basically cancel each other out in terms of handling change, anyway. Longer fork and longer rake or shorter fork and shorter rake = essentially the same handling. The wheelbase will be longer, but if you're riding it on the road, that's not a bad thing.
    And even if you can't find a match where the math works out precisely, are you really so married to the trackiness of that bike that you wouldn't be willing to slacken it a bit?

Or just drill the damn fork if it's not worth a fortune. You can DIY this. Measure twice, drill once. Start with a small drill bit and then gradually enlarge the hole with bigger and bigger bits until the hole is the right size for the brake bolt.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorryan t

I doubt it's crazy valuable but probably worth a little bit, and I just got the fork fixed by Peter Mooney. I would probably take it back to him to do a brake hole with a vice and a drill press, because me standing on it to hold it in place makes me a little nervous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016

use a drum brake
    • CommentAuthorsean9820
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016

WTB the following...long shot but why not

• Shimano Mountain Bike Shifter (rear only)
    • Wide Mountain Bike Riser Bars (at least 700mm/31.8)
    • Front mechanical Disc Brake / Front Brake
    • 26" mountain tires (don't care what)

Thanks! ^^
    How many speeds on that shifter?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorbsn85
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2016

WTB beater single or fixed wheelset, any beater set works, need to replace commuter wheels that had a face to face with car while locked up.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016 edited

someone sell me black iphone 4s verizon.gone
    oooh, so close, I have a 4i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    WTB 47-49cm road bike frameset/complete

mid-late 90's Italian steel preferred.

cash money and/or lots of track/vintage road swag to trade.

joshuaATprxsDOTxyzstrong, light, cheap: pick two
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2016

WTB a step-through commuter for my lady as her first bike. They're hard to find but if anyone has any/any leads that would be amazing! (I've tried both Broadway and Ace in Porter with no luck)I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    I'd expect Cambridge Bicycle to have some stuff, and Bicycle Belle of coursei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2016 edited

Belle is all new stuff. :/ BNB says they have some used in stock. I will have to check CambridgeI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    Oh, I didn't realize you were looking for used/to buy here, shop mentions threw me off. Def BNB, and also Cambridge Used Bicycle in the basement of the Cambridge Antique Market by Lechmere.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2016

WTB - used but not abused

1. 700c rear wheel with 9sp hybrid-style cassette, tube and tire too if you have em but not necessary
    2. 27.2 seatpost"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorCferro106
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2016 edited

WTB - used XL messenger bag (something that can handle a copy box, for messenger work). Preferably 2 shoulder straps to 1.
    thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2016

WTB: purple quick release skewers."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2016

Anyone have a new or low miles 10spd chain?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016

wtb a 1" threaded track fork with some steerer.MUFFDVR
    wtb 650c front clincher wheel
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2016

charlieyoungblood:wtb 650c front clincher wheel

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bop/5736887762.html -wheel

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bop/5736892332.html -tires

I've been seeing a few of them on CL lately
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2016

Charlie, are you putting a 650c on Clowntown's front? Does that even fit with the 24" fork?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    pocky:Charlie, are you putting a 650c on Clowntown's front? Does that even fit with the 24" fork?

i have a 650c spinergy on it right now... and with at least a half inch to spare of space.
    Klowntown is a 650c front, fyi. You're thinking of Ganzini's stupid 24" funny bikeNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016

WTB road brake levers for an older boom bike, black please, not the ones where the cables pop out the top whisper me thanks!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2016

WTB 2 26.0 seatposts whisper plz!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    X-POST WTB 1 NFL DOG CHEERLEADER COSTUMEDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2017

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Do they make those in corg sizes??Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

There are so many better corgi costumes out there
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries