Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/4793897950.html
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/4793897950.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2014

Lol, someone put an 80cc motor on the front wheel of a shitty bike. http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/bik/4806350803.html"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    MOUNTAIN BIKE FRAME! VERY DEATH!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015

Felt with a 3 speed fixed hub for tall people"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    With cranks and pedals in Zev's Ironman colourway no less. I kind of want that.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2015

46cm (26" wheels) Long Haul Trucker frameset, $235"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2015

Fuckin sweet 50cm purple serotta."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015

S&S coupled Bilenky for tall ppl, $700"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2015

Paging Babyfries #1"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    oh man if I had even a little room to store that for a few yearsDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2015

I'll store it for you. No joke.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

"- Used but good condition. Small crack on the side of the wheel,$400

lol"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

The carbon isn't structural on those wheels it's just an aerodynamic fairing.
    Not that it justifies a $400 tag
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

That's good to know, but still... that's quite a hole."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Just put a BFGCC bumper sticker over it
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015

Nandy:That's good to know, but still... that's quite a hole.
    I'm 13 inside so I giggled.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2015

mislabeled pinarello frame for $80. ends in an hour
    I was gonna buy it but then I remembered that I don't like Pinarellos, even for cheap
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2015 edited

^^ Looks like they didn't sell it so it's still up for grabs -- ends in 2 days now.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2015

Giro Alpineduro clipless winter boots size 44 for $120 at Nashbar Returned Items.

I wear US size 9.5/10 and the size 44's fit me just fine with room for thick winter socks. See what I just wrote about these in the review/recommendation thread.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bop/4890457179.html
    Who wants to start a bike business with me?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015

Nandy:http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bop/4890457179.html
    Who wants to start a bike business with me?

The first thing I did last night when I saw that was ask Blitz if he wanted to go halfsies on it. hahah
    http://www.backcountry.com/levis-commuter-trucker-jacket-lvs000r

I have this same jacket in black and love it. The only "jean jacket" I've ever had that is totally comfortable for cycling. This price is great for it.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015 edited

Fixed the linkI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015

ANT truss bike

Mike needs some help paying for the shop closing, and this is a really, really gorgeous machine."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    ben:Fixed the link

Thanks, just noticed this - weird cause I "tested" that link (which I had shortened from it's original huge size) before posting and it worked :/

Also saw that the same place has the Brooks slender leather grips in funky colors on sale for $45 which is pretty good. I've had a pair for almost 2 years and they show almost no wear except for darkening of the leather.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015 edited

Freewheel Burning:
    ben:Fixed the link
    Thanks, just noticed this - weird cause I "tested" that link (which I had shortened from it's original huge size) before posting and it worked :/
    The problem is just an errant " at the end of the URL. You probably double quoted it "" when adding your code, and one of them got appended to the end of the URL when it posted.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015

BikeIsland has a pretty good deal on some fat bikes with factory defects. LINK. Probably not the best fat bike in the world, but its a pretty good price and the defect is manageable.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2015

pivotless softail?

how does this not break? convince me this is dumber than i think

LINK
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

they all break eventually but the flex at the bb is within the tubing's elastic limit and actually lasts for a while. these things are like 15-20mm travel, that's basically analogous to a cross fork flexing during brake shudder
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Will the Ti ones eventually break too, or should these be good forever?

80mm travel on this thing.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

Only diamonds are forever.MUFFDVR
    I just listed my old Bianchi Pista on Craiglist today, I realize these bad boys are a dime a dozen but this one treated me well for a number of years. I've since moved on to a Surly Pacer and don't need this one anymore.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/4920187804.html

I'm in the process of cleaning it all up, I'll put grips back on it and get all of the white vinyl decals off so it's pretty much back to how I got it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

fmradio516:Only diamonds are forever.

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    pocky:Will the Ti ones eventually break too, or should these be good forever?
    80mm travel on this thing.

I recall Josh Kampa showing me a Lightspeed soft-tail that had been used for more than a decade and had little to no trace of flex fatigue. So, the Ti ones seem to be much better.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

this is an ad-free space. no ad slogans, please.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2015

Ad-Free Space ®A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2015

Tall titanium MTB for $350 if you're near Buffalo. link"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2015

my mom wants a bike for summer
    i found this on her local CL

LINK

shes 5'4 and 50 years old

is 21" frame to big for a tiny lady?
    is this worth the money? id get her to haggle to closer to 200
    how reliable are these 3speed internal hubs?
    is the generator destroying the front tire?
    Hard to say about the size, it is my impression that 3-speeds came in like 19" and 21" and being 5'3", I would guess that someone 5'4" would need the smallest version of any mass market adult bike. Could be wrong. I would also worry about the coaster brake, but maybe someone else can speak to that.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2015 edited

@cosmo: ask the clist dude to measure the effective top tube/effective standover (for saddle height), so you don't have to guess. i can't believe that's 700c...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

oil up the internals on the rear hub and its good to go.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

Nuggetross:i can't believe that's 700c...

You can read 700c engraved on the rim in the 15th picture. Unless that was just a statement of surprise that a mid-80s cruiser would be 700c. I'd imagine being made in Belgium has something to do with the early adoption of the standard.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Good lord, don't do it, it looks like a heavy turd, you're going to have to replace the tires soon, and the saddle makes my b-hole pucker.

If your budget is 200 I'd go for a smaller 90's mtb and put some slicks on it."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bik/4924291752.html

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bik/4923234774.html

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bik/4922823253.html

All those are better deals but I wasn't paying close attention to proximity to your original listing."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2015 edited

^^ I respectfully disagree. The Hercules is fucking sweet. The IGH and stainless rims are indestructible, and that combined with the fact that it was made in England by decently-paid humans makes it worth close to what they're asking. Yeah, the tires probably need to be replaced, though those sidewalls are pretty thick and if it's just the outer rubber separating from the sidewall fabric underneath but the tread isn't separating, they might be OK. If you do find you need to replace them they are 700c (I can't read 700c on the rim in the 15th picture, but I can clearly read 622 on the tire in the 5th picture), so it should be cheap and easy. This is not surprising for an 80's English bike -- they've been using 700c much longer than we have.

If your mom lives in a flat area and only wants this thing to tool around town and run errands, the weight is not an issue. But style probably is, and I suspect this thing is your mom's style but a 90's MTB may not be.

If it fits her, have her talk him down to $200, and then go visit your mom and tune it up and replace the tires.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

This looks mildly interesting. Old road bike in good condition, and look at that pixely logo.
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2015

^^pocky was also talking about buying a $79 new 32" bike. so, there's that...

p.s. your mom lives in a flat area.