Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2015

thank you everyone for your input,
    i might look for something a bit smaller

@nuggross i think there is 1 hill
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2015 edited

^^ Yes, the bigger the better. That's what your mom said.

You know your mom really wants a 36er:
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny

^^As someone who's 5'2'', I think that makes sense.

As someone who's ridden bikes with their mom, I'd go for rim brakes. My mom will pedal for a minute or two and then coast for a few seconds, and it's not because she's trying to slow down. I'm sure she'd get super pissed having a coaster brake, and probably wouldn't actually be able to go anywhere. Then again, if your mom rides somewhat frequently she might be okay with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Fucking gorgeous IF mtb, $600."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2015 edited

kossmonaut:http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bik/4918774255.html

this is a sweet bike but will be heavy and slow to ride
    find a used aluminum hybrid for like $200 it will be easier and funner to ride tho more boring/generic/less pretty

6kidz:http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bik/4924291752.html

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bik/4923234774.html

these are shit and you know bettergone
    Nandy:Fucking gorgeous IF mtb, $600.

Kind of pricey but dang that flame paint job
    Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015

I mean, I hope if you buy a $2,000 custom frame from a highly regarded builder you could get at least a quarter of it back, in good condition. I've seen way worse things overvalued."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nandy:I mean, I hope if you buy a $2,000 custom frame from a highly regarded builder you could get at least a quarter of it back, in good condition. I've seen way worse things overvalued.

Agreed.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2015

was in northampton today, saw one of those giant 30+" bikes. it towered over everything else
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015

Tiny road bike with 24" wheels"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015

More cheap titanium in Buffalo! 56cm, 650b wheels"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Ferris Wheels is expanding into a space next door to us, and since the space is currently empty, myself and a few other mechanics are using the space to have a sort of bike swap garage sale type thing and also we are doing a used bike sale type thing out of the space for the shop. This is happening saturday March 28 from 10-5 and Sunday march 29 from 11-4. There will be lots of nice cheap used bikes, a few nicer bikes like cross bikes and a surly ogre, multiple parts bin hoards, and tons of overstock and clearance from the shop. Come out, check out the new space, and get some great deals!

more details here: Ferris Wheel Flyer
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2015

friend of mine with a good commuter for sale (for taller people): http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/4936363937.html

Also, was in landrys (old IBC newton location) this weekend and they had a ton of bars, stems, and other knicknacks in 10 and 20 dollar bins.

They had some dope easton carbon bars, which were $200+ for $20 in stock, mostly 42s, but the clamp size was 26. Brand wise in general, lots of 3T, Shimano, Cane Creek, good stuff overall.

All in all, worth checking out if youre trying to build up a beater and dont really care about the parts that much.
    MJF:Uhhhhh wut?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/4935460395.html

That is......horrrrrible.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2015

^sheriff stars doeMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2015

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2015

^ They probably paid $1 for it at the flea market and I suspect someone really is going to give them the $50 they're asking. Oh, Boston, I miss you already.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015

The ad is weird and confusing, but maybe this is worth checking out?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2015

Found a big version of my awesome Shogun! Too bad the logos aren't in great condition and they put stupid parts on it and want a stupid amount of dollars for it."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2015

Mini-Twinn"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015 edited

^ They made these only one year -- 1968. So it's pretty rare, and apparently $1000 really is the going rate on these so someone will probably make an offer close to what they're asking.

But I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a tandem with a chain tensioner. Banana seats FTW, though.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015 edited

The Clymb's having a $15 off no minimum sale, worth it on a few things that I've needed anyway.

If you haven't signed up and feel like using a referral, $10 for you $10 for me.

http://vnlink.co/SCa1p6f
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015

MJF:The Clymb's having a $15 off no minimum sale, worth it on a few things that I've needed anyway
    Thanks for this; I bought two cases of shot bloks at a price that ended up being a good deal less than amazon.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015 edited

Atala tandem with old Campy for $250 OBO in Rochester
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Nandy:"free 55 gallon drum of lube (pembroke)
    make / manufacturer: astroglide

I have a brand new sealed 55 gallon drum of lube get it out of my garage was going to make a giant slip and slide names george"

Probably a joke, but still.

This is classic...buddy leaves his email logged in on your computer, post this...done.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2015

A Mini Velo is not a tiny bike.
    This is a tiny bike:
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2015

Large Seagull Messener bag like new, $50."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2015 edited

Neon pink 55.5cm Geekhouse Mudville cross frame&fork - $900.

Geo in case you can't see it on the forum.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    beeewwwnerrri mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Also, here's some pretty reasonably priced Ti:
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Lol, those funny mini velos. WAIT, WHAT?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2015

TWEED RIDE GEAR!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Nandy:Lol, those funny mini velos. WAIT, WHAT?

Holy crap. That is built for a Wookiee. My eyes were tricked as well.

Nandy:

This looks like an M.C. Escher painting.
    Nandy:

fairly certain i saw this being ridden around today. either that or it was a bike with the exact same paint job/look
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

You should buy it. That expansion plug seatpost looks wicked fun."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2015

NEXT CLOWNTOWN, GIT ON IT
    Looks like it would fit DanisYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2015

@chogun: IT'S NOT A TUBELESS TIRE. but g'damn, that dude didn't know what he was getting into with that. i knew it. and i took his damn moneyyyyyy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Buy it back and put cruiser bars and a spinergy on the front and commute on it every day, plz."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

you buy it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Fuck no, I have way too many bikes and that thing looks horribly uncomfortable. It might be different if it had a cooler paint job though."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

the ride is actually comfortable. but yeah, the position is fer chodes only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015

I've been paging through scul's website, and now I want to turn this into a chopper."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries