Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2015

Oof. If you ever need a photo to illustrate how badly needed smaller wheels are, use this:
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2015 edited

Today's CL digest:

57cm complete Spooky

51cm Serotta complete, $625

Pretty sick Salsa complete, $900 Edit: wait, York sounds far..."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2015

Paging Nandy.

1987 Jamis Axis 24" front (Terry-style) at my shop in Rochester. $180.
     photo p_00107_zpswaqz0drj.jpg  photo p_00109_zpshod3ezxr.jpg::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2015

HAWT"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2015

nice city bike with a dyno"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015

Nice looking tandem 54/50, $295, car rack for it- $50"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015

Oh yeah"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015

Here's a weird TT conversion owned by someone who doesn't know how to spell "Marinoni" (it's macaroni, duh), $450 in Wakefield."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015

Newer 44cm Terry for not much money"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    the most "Fred" mtb you'll ever find. 650 dollars, Ross 21" fully chromed.
    I kinda want that thing to be my winter commuter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2015

Nashbar is now selling cheap 650c road bikes. $440 with 20% off sale.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Nandy:Here's a weird TT conversion owned by someone who doesn't know how to spell "Marinoni" (it's macaroni, duh), $450 in Wakefield.

LOL @ the "fixed gear" aka looks like a cog shoved on a freewheel threadNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2015 edited

kossmonaut:http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/5222668619.html
    wtf

best rickshaw set up in the game
    falsei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    tinyhonkshus:false

i was going on the assumption the front passenger doesnt have use of their legs but that is something else
    yeah, I guess you're right. I just really like those Bilenky thingersi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015

Bilenky has some fuckin A+ designers.
    • CommentAuthortristan

hot diggity that is a sweet divorcemobileascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

lol. It even has couplers, so you can break it in half and start fighting each other with fancy tubes mid-ride."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben

I thought that was so you could each get half in a divorce.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

The craziest thing about that Bilenky is the way the lateral tubes couple:
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2015

20 days old, but it's in NH so it might still be around.
    Small Spooky mountain bike, Chris King hubs, $700."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2015

DANG look at this piece of garbage I kind of want to have sit in my garage. It looks like a single speed with no mid drive, but maybe I could figure something out...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2015

Old Terry in Boston
    • CommentAuthorbaker
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

Duuuuude

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/5299739755.htmlI am the reason your son is crying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015 edited

My shop in Rochester has been blessed with an unusual and very generous gift of a practically new Guru Photon to be sold in support of our charitable mission.

Please pass this along to any dentists or racers you know who would be able to drop big cash on a practically new Guru. This may be the only opportunity you ever have to buy a $5,500 bike and have the entire purchase price go directly to a charity that gives bikes away to the needy for free.

[EDITED WITH MORE SIZING INFO]:
    The guy who posted the eBay description put Size M in the item details, and I believe it's from before they divided the Photon into FFR and FFX, but reconciling the geometries in the second eBay photo with the the geometry chart on page 11 of the current catalog makes me feel like it might be a S (since the measurements in the photo show a 54cm TT, not 56). I've told the shop mailing list that I think we need to figure that out for certain and put that prominently in the title rather than having this information buried in the second picture and the item details and making the buyer try to figure it out like I just did, to maximize the chances of a quick and expensive sale.

Also, if you want me to test-ride this thing for you before you pull the trigger sight-unseen, JUST SAY THE WORD AND I WILL BE ON THAT LIKE CRAIG'S MOM.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    pocky:My shop in Rochester has been blessed with an unusual and very generous gift of a practically new Guru Photon FFR to be sold in support of our charitable mission.

Please pass this along to any dentists or racers you know who would be able to drop big cash on a practically new Photon Guru. This may be the only opportunity you may ever have to buy a $5,500 bike and have the entire purchase price go directly to a charity that gives bikes away to the needy for free.

I've told our mailing list that I think it's important for us to figure out the geometry precisely to maximize the chances of selling this thing quickly and expensively, so expect the eBay ad to be updated with the exact details some time after I go in and measure it tomorrow, but reconciling the eBay photo and standover description with the geometries on page 11 of the catalog,it seems like it's an FFR model in either a S (54cm toptube, 74.5cm standover) or a M (56cm toptube, 77.4cm standover).

Also, if you want me to test-ride this thing for you before you pull the trigger sight-unseen, JUST SAY THE WORD AND I WILL BE ON THAT LIKE CRAIG'S MOM.

Am i trippin or are there either no tires installed or the brake calipers are like, on the tires. Sick ride though. #would if i #could.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

No tires -- tubular rims, with nothing glued on at the moment.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

On what fucking planet would that be a small? 54(and probably effectively a little longer)?! That's like the most medium medium to ever medium. Is bikes the new basketball? Strictly for giant people? FFS.

That's sweet, though! Easy fund raiser."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nandy:That's like the most medium medium to ever medium

QFTi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015 edited

Yeah, it's kind of dumb, but with the range of sizes they have, that's really the only way to assign letters if you make the biggest size (63, which is actually only a 60.5 TT) an XXL. I think it's misleading to assign letters to sizes as finely spaced as this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015

This is pretty neat

Apparently a rebranded Terry with 650s, says 54cm but they're saying the tt is 51, 75cm standover?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2015 edited

Dang, it says "triathlon" but it looks like normal geometry. Someone offer like $150 for it. I can't tell what the parts are but they look interesting? It's too small for me."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2015 edited

The entire City Sports company is going out of business so stores are having clearance deals right now. In the Allston one I saw Pearl Izumi shorts (no bibs), U locks, some shoes, entry level helmets, and lights and smaller stuff.
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015

Last I saw it was still only 20% off most stuff, and that's off City Sports prices, so not much of a deal yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2015

Nandy:
    Dang, it says "triathlon" but it looks like normal geometry. Someone offer like $150 for it. I can't tell what the parts are but they look interesting? It's too small for me.

I'm pretty certain that the parts, including the hubs (at least the front one that I can see), are entirely Shimano 600 "Tricolor" group. Very, very nice groupset.

Looks like they're selling locally in CA only, but it's worth asking if they'll bring it to a bike shop and then you could pay them a few bucks to pack and ship it.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2015

Someone get on this shit:
    Pink/orange/green Serotta, $500

and this pretty Paramount if you're quick:
    link"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2015

OKAY I've been staring at this all night but I can't justify borrowing money for a really redundant, really old, but really cool bike. You get it instead. 1988 Miyata 615 Light Touring"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2015

Airborne Guardian frame - $20

The parts these Airbornes come with are the better value than the frames, but the frames are still perfectly good. Imagine the snowbike possibilities!
    four wheeled...bicycle

if that thing has a differential, i see the sweetest e-bike ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015 edited

Apparently, they are notoriously unreliable. Anyway, they're one-wheel drive, so no need for a diff.

However, they are still insanely popular compared with other quadcycles. From their FAQ at http://www.rhoadescar.com/frequently-asked-questions.html:
    All kinds of people drive a Rhoades Car, including:
    A lady from Rochester New York who rode a Greyhound bus to our plant in Tennessee to pickup her 2-person Cycle Car -- and then rode it home.

How much you want to bet this was Georgena Terry? Nah, Georgena would have built her own and designed it better.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015

Georgena Terry is 90,000,000,000x cooler than those things.

Everyone go watch that video about her again. It's worth it."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015 edited

differential needed when i go for the epic drifts, and need to put down all that power. how could i do burn-outs with only one wheel?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2015

Several Surly fatbikes on a 40-50%-off overstock sale right now. These are Surly's own rate slashes, so you get this deal through any bike shop that will sell you a Surly and you get to support your local shop.

Pugsley at $799 for SS, $899 for geared, $999 for Pug Ops. Moonlander or Ice Cream Truck Ops for $1199.

My friend just bought a Moonlander through this deal.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2015