Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Anyone know if it's possible to camp at plum island state park?
    The DCR website isn't helpful...
    Or...

Anybody know any other place that is readily available via commuter rail or other public train/bus?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008

there some good hiking in the lakes region in NH. MT MAJOR ect. ect.Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorChicagoKarl
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited

that's not accesible via commuter rail though?
    is there another train?

Harold Parker State Forest seems to have camping and is off the lowell line
    anyone ever been?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008

no but there are buses to north conway which is also awesome for hiking/mtbEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008

Boston Harbor Islands? Although I think they have shut down for the season.We are the small axe.
    • CommentAuthorBrian

Chicago Karl:
    Harold Parker State Forest seems to have camping and is off the lowell line
    anyone ever been?

This is right down the road from where I live.

Theres lots of trails and woods, btu its not huge....It could work though!aka: ph0to
    do you know if theres a bus that gets there from the commuter rail?
    • CommentAuthorbluedog

you can take your bike on the commuter rail if you're traveling off peak hours. That way you don't have to worry about the bus.that's when I reach for my revovler...
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2014

would anyone be down to do a little 24 hour vaca this weekend? camp OR EVEN RENT A CABIN at ponkapoag? bike riding and sweet hiking and beverage drinking and cooking things over a fire. stay saturday night, come back sunday? totes rideable from the city, and i can carry supplies, peeps and bikes in doramobile. cabins are pretty cheap since it's off season, you can rent one for $85 for the whole weekend and they have 5 or 6 indoor beds and up to 2 "porch beds" and like a wood burning stove and shit. bueller?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    bahhhhhhhhhhh everything is happening this weekend, boooooooooo.

would do another time!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2014

This sounds so sweet, I can't do this wknd, next wknd?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Yep.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2014

next weekend we are moving The Spoke on Sunday. What do you think about friday night sleepover and saturday chill/hike/bike?

OR!

we could chip in for the cabin for the weekend and then go whenever folx can go?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    SO IN.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

i should probably be in, no?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

That would be so rad. So that's camping the weekend of 5/2, starting Friday night ending in whenever folks want to leave Sunday, but that spoke folks or those riding with Dora should expect to go home Saturday evening/night?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2014 edited

NO WAIT I THOUGHT WE MEANT THIS WEEKEND

eta:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Definitely this coming wknd
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

oh shit we are 50/50 this weekend/next weekend

marianna and ben, would you def be in if we did next weekend?
    davis, what is best for you?
    paul and al, are you def out if we do next weekend?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Note for Davis: You are not allowed to bring your laptop and do work while we're camping"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

what about while you're cramping?

i have to dog sit this weekend, i remembered. buttttt...small chance i could bring yellow doge? if this is possible let me know? probably getting ahead of myself here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

BRING DOG
    I'm outta town next weekend.

Will still ride to and camp anywhere this weekend if cabin is happening next.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    rock dathe:BRING DOG

The correct answer to everything.

eta *almost* everythingDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I would be in for def for NEXT (5/3-4) weekend, though I would maybe need to borrow gear. Also it's supposed to rain this weekend.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

rock dathe:BRING DOGE

um DOGES LOVE CAMPING, DAVIS!

tinyhonkshus: Also it's supposed to rain this weekend.

D'OH. oh well, cabins have an inside

after thinking about it out loud with Al, moving the spoke is really hard work so committing to next weekend would be kind of silly for us when we can do this weekend when we are NOT moving the spoke :/ sorry next weekend folx!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2014

OK next weekenders, you get your wish! it is cold and crappy out and will be all weekend soooo...next weekend it is!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2014

YES which day? Are we doing a cabin ? So pumped for chilling biking and snacking in nature"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I think I need some clarification about whether we're road-biking there or whether we're driving there with our sick mtbs?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014

Do what you feel?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Okay so we doing Friday or Sat? Dora, what is campground called? My vote is for driving mtbs there instead of road riding out."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

let's not drexler this"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

CLYDE THE GLIDE

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014

campground is Ponkapoag
    http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/camps/camps-ponkapoag.cfm

so, i need someone to spearhead this for me. work is too cray and i don't have time to organize this, sorry :( any takers?
    i am down for this weekend, i def have to work both days for at least half a day but i am down to chip in however much for the cabin. i guess i'll figure out my work schedule around the schedules of folx chilling at the cabin. also no dice for me for sunday cuz we are moving The Spoke
    i'd prefer to MTB vs. road ride
    it's supposed to be nice this weekend, so it will be radMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014 edited

So...takers for this weekend were me, nuben and half-Dora...anyone else?

edit: cause I don't have a cari mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014

ok

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
    WATCHU DOIN

how about a one-night overnight somewhere. maybe wompatuck? mountain biking, regular biking, camping, SWIMMING. there's like a taco bell nearby. ?!?!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

also iz accessible via commuter rail, bike, or carMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

this is relevant to my interests...if it's ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

HEY, MAN i was suddenly working 70 hour weeks and couldn't deal AND it's not my fault the weather was total shit the weekend that i could actually go
    SO THERE!

i am thinking leave saturday 24May afternoon, spend the night, come back some time on sunday.

i can take 4 people (aside from me) and 3 bikes (aside from mine) in doracar. i also have a tent that i can share with 1 other person. sorry, snorers need not applyMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    i'll go if krazbutt doesn't.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

in the words of graham and josh, OH GOD DAMMIT !Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

you guys paul says he has room for 10 people and 10 bikes in his saabMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Yep. especially after i scrap the engine, seats, etc.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Sign me up for one butt and one mtb"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014

wordMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    I am interested, life is weird so I don't know if I can commit. Might be able to bring car.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014

ok cool.

so, paul/kraz, should i reserve a camp site for saturday night?

even if we don't camp, i'd like to hit up wompy saturday during the day for a shred and hopefully swim alsoMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    omggggggggg i wish i could comeYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014

yes to either plan"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."