Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

A+ would camp.

would also just ride if that's what goes down.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2014

i will be there
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel

Friday is the night for camping, guyz. Possible new meteor shower early Saturday morning. I'm going to VT.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Rumor has it that we're just mtb and swimming at wompy"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i am d4w, honestly i'm on the fence about camping myself. starting next weekend i will be camping every day for over 2 weeks
    soooo....you know what. camp sites are cheap enough that i can book it, we can hang out there, cook foods, and then leave or not @ night. figure it out later. how's that sound?

kraz mang, if we don't figure it out, you may want to bring your car so you can peace out if we decide to stay? if you need a rack you can borrow the bonez 4 totesMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Also, there's a commuter rail stop a quick bike ride from Wompatuck.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo

nerdo:Also, there's a commuter rail stop a quick bike ride from Wompatuck.

Greenbush line only runs on weekdays.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Goddamn MBTA.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2014

Just let me know, text is better than BFG"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I don't think I can make it, gotta launder and packi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2014

looks like sunday night - monday is the better bet weather wise
    monday's a holiday do y'alls have it off?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

:( forecast says rain tomorrow.
    will check weather in the morning again cuz they change it every 5 seconds

i do have monday off and could do sun/mon instead/in additionMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I got a thing Monday. Do y'all want to do something Saturday during the day anyway?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

If it rains, I propose a direct to video Dolph Lundgren movie marathon at the Kells

We just got new couches, so the chance of catching a lung infection in our living room is at a historic low
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014

It looks like its gunna rain but only a little. How about going MTBing and then movie marathon? Leave the kells @ 1:00?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014

YE$!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2014

gastronomin:Has anyone here hiked the "Pemi Loop" in the white mountains? The loop is 31-38 miles around the Pemigawasset wilderness (with Owl's Head Mt. in the center) depending on how many of the mountains you want to summit. I did the Franconia Ridge loop earlier this month which hits 3 of the peaks (Lafayette, Lincoln, Little Haystack) and had a blast, but it was only about 8 miles and a decent portion of my day. I'm playing around with the idea of trying to organize a hiking trip to bang out the whole Pemi loop as I've heard it's fucking gorgeous (which is very believable if what I saw compares even slightly with the rest of the hike) and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience. I've never done any camping really, besides taking to the woods in Western Mass with some friends to get drunk when I was younger so any advice/suggestions/interested parties welcome. Thanks!

dora, studyourheart and i did an out and back overnight here during winter. we were not able to cover a huge amount of ground as there was a ton of snow on the ground but the area was beautiful. i think this is a popular/crowded hiking destination during summer, but that's probably a good thing if you're new to camping. i might be interested in doing the whole loop
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2014

•  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2014

haha sup

that route was super nice. if you do it in the summer there is a v nice babbling brook that you could dip your dogs in. that was my first time camping ever and it was perfect :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2014

Anyone know some good hiking/walking tracks that I could take my dog for a walk on?
    Anything will do; forests, beaches, fields etc.

Just good places to get out of the city and see trees and stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

How athletic is your dog? Cutler is popular, some decently long trails with great spots for doggy paddling."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2014 edited

he's got a lot of energy but only 6 months old...seems to wear himself out quick running like a maniac.
    thinking a good 1-2 hour walk would be great, but not too tricky, because he's a bit pully on the leash so would hate for one of us to fall over rocks while he's being crazy.
    doggy paddling sounds good...
    do you just rock up there and start walking? will i get lost (i don't mind if i do)

one of my friends suggested the fells too...so i might try either of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

You can follow the blue heron trail, people can give you directions if you take a wrong turn, tons of other dogs, not sure if that'll be a problem for yours, besides that it's very manageable for first-timers."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

great.

thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Sheepfold at the Fells is fun, people let their dogs off leash and all the dogs go crazy chasing each other around."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2014

I am in Rochester right now (it's quite possible we will be moving here) and I just learned about the existence of the city's abandoned subway system. I NEED TO DO THIS.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2014 edited

@JimmyJ: I strongly recommend Fresh Pond -- the whole 3-mile loop is OFFICIALLY a legal off-leash area as long as your dog responds to verbal commands. You can even bike-run your dog there if he's bigger or you need to get him tired faster. We had been taking Finnegan there all the time. Stony Brook Reservation is another good option, and I've had him off-leash there and seen other dogs there off leash and never gotten in trouble, but there are signs posted saying no off-leash... I really like the Belmont Conservation land for easy MTB and dog-running, but I think it's the same deal as Stony Brook -- it's not *officially* off-leash.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Stony Brook is our go-to for off-leash. We've also had pretty good times at the Blue Hills.

Pocky, when are you at Stony Brook? We could have a dog meetup.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Why is it that you're not allowed to take your dog, who follows verbal commands, off a leash, but I'm not allowed to put my child, who does not, on one.

The world is a fucked up place.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny

You can put your child on leash? If your child is walking they make backpacks that have a rope (ie leash) that attaches to it.
    It was mostly a joke, but child leashes do come standard with massive judgement from everyone.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    That has always seemed weird to me. Like, they're little speed demons who don't understand traffic, and YOU'RE the asshole for tethering them?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Nerdo, I would love to do a dog meetup, if he and I are ever back in Boston at the same time! (He and my wife are both mostly moved to Atlanta at this point and I'm kind of everywhere at the moment in process of mostly moving down there till her next job gets squared away, but where that next job will be is still up in the air.)

^ ^
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155253/walking-cartman::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2014

surprisefries:Why is it that you're not allowed to take your dog, who follows verbal commands, off a leash, but I'm not allowed to put my child, who does not, on one.

The world is a fucked up place.

Sigged.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

Thanks for the great dog advice all!....we wanted to swim ourselves too so took him to Mystic Lake....BAD IDEA.
    We're trying to teach him loose-leash walking so didn't want to walk far....too many people...crazy. He was not ready (nor us).
    So we sat for 30mins and ate sammiches then went to arlington dog park on the way home to let him run around for a while.

When he's better on the leash we'll try all those places over different weekends.

Also I am down for dog-days. But Gunnar still ain't trust-worthy off leash and not fenced in (we think...he's not overly responsive and we don't want to risk it).
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Planning on camping either this weekend or next. Anyone have experience camping near tripoli road in NH? Or any other secluded spots? Only going with one other person, so not looking to be loud and crazy, just away from people.
    Thanks in advance.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014

Who wants to do a Fri-Sun camp/mtb/chill/grill/light beer weekend this month or next? Dora/Alex/Davis etc? Weekend of Aug 1 or 22nd are good for me."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    wirktk88:Planning on camping either this weekend or next. Anyone have experience camping near tripoli road in NH? Or any other secluded spots? Only going with one other person, so not looking to be loud and crazy, just away from people.
    Thanks in advance.
    I just finished doing a three day/two night backpack in Mount Washington State Forest, specifically staying at the Alander Mountain campground, and eventhough it was the 4th of July, my friends and I were the only people in that entire campground, and aside from one or two groups that we saw on the trail, we felt like we had the entire mountain to ourselves.

As far as mountains go, it's not quite as dramatic or as challenging as the Whites. Alander's a pretty mellow mountain and the campground is a totally easy 1.5 mi hike from the parking lot. If you're feeling lucky, you can also push another 1.3 miles to the base of the summit and there's a four person cabin that's free and first-come, first-served. The cabin looks like it was borrowed from an Eli Roth movie, though, so it's not particularly charming or quaint, but it is all of ten seconds from a broad overlook with 270 degree views of New York and CT.

Overall though, it's a worthwhile option if you're not looking to do a lot of hiking, but want to just be outdoors somewhere that isn't mobbed by either car campers or AT thru and section hikers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014

That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Great feedback, much appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014

6kidz:Who wants to do a Fri-Sun camp/mtb/chill/grill/light beer weekend this month or next? Dora/Alex/Davis etc? Weekend of Aug 1 or 22nd are good for me.

IN!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014

I'll do this if chilling and grilling are removed from the agenda
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014 edited

pocky:I am in Rochester right now (it's quite possible we will be moving here) and I just learned about the existence of the city's abandoned subway system. I NEED TO DO THIS.

Oh my God, I just did it. My friend took me MTBing through the abandoned subway tunnels late last night.
    It was incredible.

Everyone should put this on their bucket list, and then come visit me in Rochester and ride it before the shortsighted city planners fill all the subway tunnels in.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014

Shit yeah. Do you need a MTB, or will a brave person make it on 23s?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2014

A brave person on 23s with a REALLY BRIGHT LIGHT will do just fine. It is fucking dark in there and you wouldn't want to end up in a ditch or getting hung up on an exposed part of a buried rail, or better yet, pull a Wile E Coyote when you miss one of the shifts where you have to shoot across from one tunnel bore into another because the one you're currently riding in abruptly stops in a blockage of ancient rusty metal beams.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014

4 day weekend for me, who wants to camp n shred?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i could potentially do friday night camp/shred saturday morning. i gotta drive to NY at some point on saturday; could shred AM, leave for NY in the afternoonMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

YES"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

SICKMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorspokenword
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2014

a couple of friends and I spent the weekend backpacking in Vermont along sections of the Long Trail. Rained constantly and even got a bit of snow on Sunday morning. We were all like, "you know what this is? Winter commuting gear test run."

I totally need a new rain jacket. Interior coating on my Marmot is flaking off like whoa.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2014

ok where can i maybe camp this weekend? criteria:

1) not toooooo far away. 3 hour max each way
    2) haz good bike riding (road or mountain - road must be less than 40 miles)
    3) bike riding must not have complicated directions. r bad with maps
    3) near campground that is still open
    4) non creepy. i will prob be by myselfMust be awful, being so fluffy.