Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoreggman
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited

Buckley.:Yeah you are. That's not a hill, it's a modest incline.

Parker hill ave? That's rough sometimes.

Fine, modest incline, whatever the fuck. I didn't say it was unrideable. I just call modest inclines hills.Ella: Not that I would EVER even THINK of taking the T (mainly because my penis is too large to fit in it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008

^^ Give dude a break, he's from chicago! flat-city.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthoreggman

Posenger Pigeon:^^ Give dude a break, he's from chicago! flat-city.

I'm from Cambridge...I appreciate the support though ;)

But, I have only been riding since January, haha. And the last time I was on that hill was in the spring with a higher gear ratio.Ella: Not that I would EVER even THINK of taking the T (mainly because my penis is too large to fit in it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNate

paker hill ave is only for gnar people who drink paint thinner. If the traffic at the end, and the trolley doest get you, the sidewalk and brick wall that immediately follow should do the trick. Unless you have a couple of brakes i spose
    ^Or retards who work for City Express and think that Judge Bakers Children Center is worth the $2.75.

...Not saying I'm NOT one of those retards. Parker Hill street is covered with a thin layer of my tires.I prefer 49x16
    •  
      CommentAuthorNate

its not for the money, its for the children. Do you work at city i dono if i know you
    Wait st. and Parker Hill ave. are pretty brutal inclines. I avoid them at all costs.
    • CommentAuthorChromeLugs

car magnet:its not for the money, its for the children. Do you work at city i dono if i know you

I used to. Buckley and I used to own City. Not really. Well, kinda. Belcher was in on it too, I think. But we knew Billy Brock could take us out with one power skid from his GaryF.

[edit] gotten any ovarian cysts lately?I prefer 49x16
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

hannaelise:Wait st. and Parker Hill ave. are pretty brutal inclines. I avoid them at all costs.
    I could not make it up wait st. if had done a fist full of blow. i couldn't make it up wait st. with my audi (awd) sometimes last winter, and that was with a speeding start.

also, on the backside of mission hill, Lawn st. The top is practically straight down.boooyah
    +1 to all travis said

Wait st is retarded. I have tried to make it up, and literally stop halfway, pedals not turning.

Lawn street is just plain scary.
    • CommentAuthoralex_p

i said wait st last page! definitely the gnarliest! zered basset anyone?
    ChromeLugs:
    car magnet:its not for the money, its for the children. Do you work at city i dono if i know you

I used to. Buckley and I used to own City. Not really. Well, kinda. Belcher was in on it too, I think. But we knew Billy Brock could take us out with one power skid from his GaryF.

[edit] gotten any ovarian cysts lately?

i'm so sad i wasn't there when you motherfuckers were. there were nothing but colins working when i was there.

edit: but i love those colins.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthorjaker
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008

My roommate was going down Summit Ave in Brookline a month ago and had a gnarly run-in with a car. That's one steep hill.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=heath+st&sll=42.333423,-71.098237&sspn=0.014276,0.036864&g=heath+st&layer=c&ie=UTF8&ll=42.333613,-71.098237&spn=0.014276,0.053172&t=p&z=15&cbll=42.326191,-71.100182&panoid=ALQZZ5JmDwbSJALY--ZXIg&cbp=2,30,,0,5

is very difficult, but maybe not extremely hard for everyone. IDK!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLHtrustme

robotosan:
    LHtrustme X:Looking for hills that you CAN'T go up on a fix. THAT steep. knaw mean?
    and don't be cocky like "there no such thing as a hill you can't go UP!" you're dumb. there is such a thing.

Karl's on point.

justin... does that mean we are having a road trip to seattle/san fran?

SF roadtrip!!!no one gets a shovel at this shit party!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

ChromeLugs:^Or retards who work for City Express and think that Judge Bakers Children Center is worth the $2.75.

You never had to go to New England Baptist at the top of the hill? I went there once or twice, and the Judge Baker like five times.

I know there was some apartment building that I went to on Summit once, and I also had to drop off at the top of Lancaster Terrace a few times. That guy gave me a funny look when he saw my bike.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    • CommentAuthorpassed away
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008 edited

LHtrustme X:
    robotosan:
    LHtrustme X:Looking for hills that you CAN'T go up on a fix. THAT steep. knaw mean?
    and don't be cocky like "there no such thing as a hill you can't go UP!" you're dumb. there is such a thing.

Karl's on point.

justin... does that mean we are having a road trip to seattle/san fran?

SF roadtrip!!!

HELL YEAH!!
    I miss back home. Riding the hill from the Castro up to twin peaks is brutal.. ( i know, I've done it). But the pay off is blasting down the other side toward the Sunset district as the sun is setting. That's a long hill.... pray you make the lights half way down... cause you won't want to stop. Check out the terrain in Google Earth sometime and you will see what I mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLHtrustme

Photobucket

Not steep enough...no one gets a shovel at this shit party!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i think it's lowell street in somerville from up near the hospital down to highland. it's short though, but fairly steep.
    I'm tellin' ya. Wait st! I get frustrated just walking up this street to my apartment everyday.
    When I was in Dunedin, NZ, there was like a sign that some street was the "Steepest Street in the world"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldwin_Street,_Dunedin

terrible pictures i took from a car:

•  
      CommentAuthorFatty F
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008

Sunnyside Place in Belmont

Its one of the steepest hills I go up. If yah want a challange check it out.

Near the Belmont Police Station at Pleasent Street and Concord Ave.

(where is that picture taken?....Street name?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremiah

I used to live on Kelton / Brainard and that whole area is pretty rough, especially if you go through them in combination (for example: Brainard till kelton, left to beacon, then right up summit, down to kelton, over to warren, left up comm.IRO-Torro
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

Fatty F:Sunnyside Place in Belmont

Its one of the steepest hills I go up. If yah want a challange check it out.

Near the Belmont Police Station at Pleasent Street and Concord Ave.

(where is that picture taken?....Street name?)

definitely. i forgot about that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

summit is great for intervals, it's hard but you recover very very quickly. that hill out in belmont that is pretty good, the whole hill i mean, there are very steep parts, and long windy parts, great for a short ride. out in west newton by harris, i think chestnut street, gets pretty steep, at least for the 52x17 that i was running at the time. really though, climbing for 4+ miles straight is where it's at, fuck this fixed gear shit.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009

Anyone know the grade of Summit Ave? I've ridden it a few times over the past couple days and wouldn't mind having a # to use to put the TDF climbs into perspective.

(sorry to resurrect such an old thread)I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorjwiedey
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010

Found this long-dead thread while looking for steep Boston hills.

Surprised to not see School St. in Arlington.
    It's off of Mass Ave. in Arlington Heights and it's only 1415 feet long (a quarter mile), but rises 154 ft. for a 9% grade.
    However, it's pretty flat at the start, then rises sharply and gets steeper as it goes - the final 700 feet rises 110, for a 16% grade.
    And if you're not tired after that, you keep climbing to the water tower a half mile away for another 120 feet of elevation.

Data from Google Earth.