Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

They looked like little red grenades. Marlborough st by Clarendon st in Back Bay.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015

Damn dude, I hope that whoever took it gets a little karmic justice!
    My mother in law drives me up the wall sometimes, like when she forgets again about our admonition about not posting photos on FB with kid labia. It's called cropping, old people!

Maybe I should've made my wife deal with it, but I took it upon myself to deal with it, this time.
    I hate BU freshmeeeennnnNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^^Always make your wife deal, it's her mom! I am only half kidding.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Generally I agree with you (when I can swing it I usually make my wife deal with my mother as well - so much easier), but my wife was in the hospital, yadda. I was nice about it, or tried anyway, and almost certainly nicer than my wife would've been about it. Baby-junk successfully taken down.
    Haha, well done.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2015

Craigglesofdoom:I hate BU freshmeeeennnn

Best thing about college freshman girls? I keep getting older, and they stay the same age...giggity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

That's not creepy at all."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2015 edited

Nandy:That's not creepy at all.

Ha it was in jest. I read BU Freshmeeeeen and for some reason thought of Dazed and Confused.

https://youtu.be/6Wf-mRo7C2I
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Nandy hates men.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2015 edited

I only say "freshwomen". "Freshpeople" is too inclusive.

J/k"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Miss NandristWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Freshpeople... Lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2015

Another friend of mine died. No one here knows him. What the fuck.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2015

I'm sorry Joe. This is a rough season it seems. I'm glad we'll get to be together with good peoples this Saturday.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    I'm really sorry Joe. It sucks to lose people we care about. It'll be good to see you, high five each other, hug it out, on Saturday.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    aww christ, sorry Joe :(i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2015 edited

Thanks, y'all. I'm really looking forward to seeing you.
    I was having panic attacks pretty badly the last two weeks and I thought it was over.
    It's not just the deaths. It's other nearly-impossible-to-get-my-head-around stuff too.
    But Chris was only 45. And he was an amazingly kind and blindingly intelligent person. All I know is "unexpected" and "natural causes". I don't even have people here who knew him to have a beer with.
    I'm leaving work early. Fuck this.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I listed my downhill bike in a group on fb as for sale. I have gotten 2 comments from the same person:

What a shame there's nothing sexier than a woman downhilling
    Did you ever try the flow trails out at Thunder Mountain

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2015 edited

Gross. This is a group for the purpose of selling bikes? Do they say that to all the men who sell downhill bikes?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    My friends are now commenting back to him, PRICELESS

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10102319634116500&set=gm.894652380623878&type=1YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2015

haha, that was pretty good but I was hoping for more of a "fuck you man, sell all your bikes and never show your stupid misogynist face here again" kind of thing."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthortristan

Yeah but ella did you try the flow trail at thunder mountainascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

yeah but are you sure you don't want to do things you don't want to do so guys like that find you attractive? Don't you exist to please men, especially condescending strangers who don't treat you with an ounce of respect?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2015

SO MANY STUDENTS. I'm always shocked, though I clearly shouldn't be.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2015

They'reeeee baaaaaaacccckkk...fuck.
    Carnage was low through Brighton and LA this AM- I'm a little bummed I have a workshop 6-8pm so I will miss the madness.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorben

Traffic was much heavier in certain areas on my commute, but the biggest difference was the number of cyclists and people out walking.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Yeah, so many sudden peds. This morning, the corg and I dodged a few U-Hauls, though our commute doesn't bring us past the true shitshows...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    TIH that the Globe printed an op ed by Jeff Jacoby trolling cyclists and literally stating that bikes don't belong on the city streets ALL.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

"Journalism"Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Linked for hate-reading.
    The only thing that article shows is that advertising clicks from trolling is the only way the Globe can make any money anymore. Embarrassing.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015 edited

Jeff 'Fuckboi' Jacoby...how about you take your fred flinstone looking self and go write about actual news...

EDIT: Can we flame him on twitter? Anyone a member of Anonymous? Let's do to him what they did to the Westboro Baptist Church...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

How fucking stupid do you have to be to think the "urban roads aren't for cyclists, each and every person must have their own enormous high powered machine, because we all want to sit in traffic to go down the block"?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

HOLY SHIT, CYCLISTS PAY NO TAXES?! Somebody tell the IRS, I'm gonna need some money back."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

While your at it, why don't you take a class and then get a certificate which states that you're a knowledgeable cyclists and agree to abide by all vehicular laws/regulations. Then make a call to a nice private agency that agrees to cover any costs due to an accident or etc., to whom you write an annual check for providing you with the comfort and peace of mind that you're covered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Fuck, even NPR is running anti-cycling clickbait. I need to escape to Amsterdam, asap."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    NPR is actually pretty anti-bike, including many of their hosts' personal opinions

TIH: My HS friend's fiance got hit on her bike in Philly and had to have several arm and jaw surgeries and it's very assyi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Nandy:Fuck, even NPR is running anti-cycling clickbait. I need to escape to Amsterdam, asap.

Well, you almost already did that:
    Nandy:There were 1,374 people and they still corked intersections. I only heard maybe 2 angry beeps.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

There's way less of the outright hatred in Boston, but it's not Amsterdam :c"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

I'm really not sure why this makes me seethe with hatred, but it does.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2015 edited

Hahahaha, so much thought put into something so, so bad.

EDIT: Also, infantilizing.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2015

I really don't get what is so bad about the google logo. It seems fine, and in line with their paradigm shifts as a company.

TIH:
    Lately I feel like the Green Day album "Nimrod" describes me better than it ought to. Like, to a scary level.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    I don't think the logo is so bad, but I don't love the updated mini icons in the g-suite dropdown (google maps with the capitol G is barf)i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2015

TL;DR TIH cyclists who wear all black and have barely visible lights and chirp at my gf for driving too close to them.

Idiot in all black riding on BU bridge, GF passes him with plenty of distance between them.

@ stop light knocks on window and says that she almost hit him, gf goes 'why are you wearing all black, and have no lights?'

Chode points at some shitty blinking light no brighter than the lightbulb in his brain.
    • CommentAuthorObo

^Nimrod = WinningI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2015 edited

Co-worker forwarded me this:

http://jalopnik.com/road-raging-bicyclist-arrested-in-most-san-franciscan-c-1729535779

I don't have headphones so I can't listen to the audio at the moment, but from reading the text and watching the video looks kind of like he started it.

If some dude was irate over something as stupid as what happens in the video (what appears to be an altercation he instigated) - I would've leveled this dude, followed by getting beat down by his comrades.
    • CommentAuthorben

Check the comments for the mugshot photo.

I watched the video last night. I fucking hate critical mass, and they were intentionally riding the wrong way and being jerks.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2015 edited

Wait, so the driver seemingly intentionally hits that person -that guy was corking the large intersection so people could cross intersection (which everyone has opinions on, mostly that critical mass is dumb, which I agree with) that one car keeps rolling for like 40ft at 5mph and doesn't stop until they make contact? The article flat out says they hit the cyclist. Ultra rage-y response is one thing, but what the fuck is wrong with that driver? The next car over was stopped way before. Fuckin zipcar drivers thinking this is a bumper car game and there's no consequences (if you're driving, which is pretty true)."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries