Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015 edited

Nandy:
    But yeah, guns are scary (there was a late-night double shooting down the street a few weeks ago) but I'm way more scared of the drivers around my house.

Yeah, we had one here a couple months ago, and yeah, I too am still more scared of cars. I have never had a loaded firearm pointed at me, but I get loaded automobiles pointed at me daily, with numerous occasions of me not trusting the sanity of the person behind the wheel. The question that always comes up for me in the case of those shootings is: how were those guns obtained? I believe that in the case of gang violence, they were pretty much always obtained illegally. This is a problem to be solved by better enforcement of existing laws, not by the attempted elimination of all guns whatsoever. (The argument that elimination of legal gun sales would do nothing to curb the criminal gun trade is a strong one -- look at illegal drugs.) In the case of the mass shootings, on the other hand, Sunday's New York Times article indcates that the guns were nearly always obtained legally. Every single one of the descriptions in that article points to an egregious failure of the background check system.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015

Actually most illegal guns are acquired through legal channels that haven't been regulated properly. Proper gun regulation, in actuality, fixes the illegal gun problem as well.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Woooooo car control!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015

First, you're picking a fight with the most extreme/insane gun-abolitionist argument, which I think is a silly and pointless endeavor. You're choosing the dumbest, easiest, and smallest opponent since very few people actually feel that way.

Second, the intention of a product is very well important. Cars may kill as many people as guns (which is actually no longer true in 14 states and DC) but they are also used by way more people, way more often, and for much wider - and necessary - purposes than guns ever are.
    Lawnmowers kill people too, but not only are they NOT DESIGNED SOLELY FOR KILLING THINGS but the number of deaths they cause are very low compared to the amount of use and utility they receive. When people are killed by lawnmowers and cars it is an accident (statistically speaking). When people are killed by guns it is because SOMEONE INTENTIONALLY FUCKING MURDERED THEM.

And third, and perhaps most importantly - OTHER NATIONS LIKE OURS DO NOT HAVE THIS EPIDEMIC.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Well, exactly -- I'm only ranting that TIH the extreme gun abolitionist argument. Saying that I hate that may seem silly to you, and it would normally seem silly to me too, but the reason it even entered my brain that is that I seem to know a LOT of people who are preaching that exact no-compromises insane gun abolitionist argument.

One of my friends posted it on his YouTwitFace and I was frankly shocked at the number of people agreeing with him. That so many people are all about this was something that sincerely surprised me. Basically, it feels like an enormous number of my friends and colleagues (I tend to hang with socially liberal people) are being as unreasonable as the gun zealots who argue against things like background checks. Nothing will get done if we're all extremists, and I find the car argument to be a compelling example to show people that they're looking at it the wrong way, but I agree the analogy is imperfect.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

But maybe people are sick of talking about the issue like the democrats in this onion piece and they feel like the only way to get any traction is to say "fuck your extremist garbage, I'm making a stand on the opposite end and so are all these other people sick of your shit, meet us in the middle. We're done appeasing you". Negotiation 101- ask for more and you might get some of it."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015 edited

Today I hate that I feel like I can't bear another winter here.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

:c You can do it, I believe in you, Joey (says the person who ran away because of last winter)! The grass is definitely not greener elsewhere, I really miss Boston in just about every way except housing."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2015

Thanks, Andy. xoWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2015

TIH: getting old. apparently i am stronger than my own musculature/tendons; i manage to dislocate my wrist using a wrench. THE WRENCH IS NEVER SUPPOSED TO WIN.
    I own three guns. Two WWII German K98 bolt action rifles (standard firearm of a WWII German foot solider), and one M1 Garand (standard firearm of U.S. Infantry in WWII). I have my FID card, and all three rifles were obtained legally. I don't own them because I like shooting, hunting, or any of that other shit. I own them for one reason, and one reason alone: that WWII living history stuff I do. I grew up shooting BB guns. They were fun. Real guns kinda freaked me out as a kid. I lived in Tennessee when I was young, so I was around them a lot. Our neighbor shot our dog with a .22 when we first moved to TN because we were from the North. My dad is basically a right-winger, and he has a few guns. He is a member of the NRA. We fight over that. He has always asked me to go to the shooting ranging with him. I have no interest in live firing the guns I do own. We only fire blanks out of them at WWII events, and my group is very much against even doing that. We think that doing so, for the public, turns war into entertainment, and is not really "educational." My dad gave me some live ammo for my birthday a few years ago. It. Freaked. Me. Out. In the years that I had own those guns, I never owned (or ever had then intention of owning) live ammo for them. Now that I had the ammo, my display items (e.g. my rifles), were now capable of killing people. It made me feel like my rifles were suddenly "alive," and menacing. Soon after I gave the ammo to someone who liked to live fire; I didn't want them in my house.

I am not your "average" gun owner, but nevertheless, I am one. I don't like guns. If I wasn't involved with the fucked-up WWII stuff, I wouldn't have them. As someone already said, the extremes on each side are fucking crazy. If someone tried to tell me I didn't have the right to own the ones I do, or that I was "irresponsible," I could easily point how much more social damage I have caused with my skateboard (well, that is crime, too, actually). If someone told me I should be able to carry my rifles into a movie theater, a bar, or just "out in the open," I'd look at them like the were out of their fucking mind. The rhetoric around guns, on either side, is mind-numbing, inane, and often not based in reality.

The reality is that there is something uniquely fucked-up about America, and how gun-crazy, and violent we are. As a gun owner, a lawyer, and as someone concerned about public safety, and social justice, I can say that I have absolutely no idea how to deal with gun violence issue in this country. None. Zero. It is absolutely true that gun laws only impact those who choose to follow them. Does the existence of red lights make you stop at every single one on your bike? What I do know, is there are only two ways gun violence in America will end: (1) ALL the guns are confiscated, or (2) there is a substantial shift in cultural conciseness. Neither will ever happen. Things only seem to be getting worse.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015

Other countries seem to have figured this out a lot better, without the "all or nothing" falsehood the NRA keeps pushing to scare gun owners. I keep seeing gun nuts on Facebook point to Switzerland as a "see! Giving everyone guns works! No regulations ever!" but

"Switzerland's carry laws are highly regulated and very restricted. Other than militia members transporting their firearms on their way to militia training, very few people are allowed to actually carry firearms. And they cannot be loaded.
    •Despite the militia requirement in Switzerland, the rate of gun ownership (by percentage) in the United States is much higher than in Switzerland.
    •Males between 20 and 30 years of age are required to own firearms in Switzerland because they are the nation's well regulated milita. Switzerland has no standing army. It is their civilian militia (much like the intent of the American 2nd amendment) that defends their nation against foreign aggression.
    •The vast majority of militia members are not even allowed to store ammo at home. And for the 2000 or so--that's right only 2000--militia members who do have ammo, it is sealed and inspected regularly."

I think America's only different because there's a lot of really stupid people that corporations have eating out of their hand, telling them that we as a society are super okay with loads of pointless gun violence and nothing that's been proven to help anywhere else will work here, so let's just not try anything ever. Also banning public health researchers from studying gun violence adds to the anti-science theme of american debate, because we hate reason here."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015 edited

I think Andy's right about the all or nothing NRA agenda. Anytime you see somebody framing the debate in all or nothing terms, no matter which side they're on, it means the NRA is winning the messaging war...

NRA EVIL GENIUS: "They want to take away your guns!"

GUN NUT: "They want to take away our guns!"

LIBERAL IDIOT: "Look at the damage guns cause. Your guns SHOULD be taken away!"

NRA EVIL GENIUS: *diabolical laugh*Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

TIH BU Bridge & Comm Ave.

I'm going inbound on Comm Ave, and I am going over that metal gap thing by the light (on comm ave. not the bridge) and my front wheel slips and I lowsided :(

EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT AREA CONFOUNDS ME (e.g. bridge layout w/ bike lane that has 6 inch kickers, right hooking douche nozzles, and poor road conditions)

Ripped up a castelli bib, scratched a rear skewer, and my ego...I'm at fault but I'm in denial, so I'm going to blame the City of Boston and CORREGE KEEDZ (fuckers)

ImMadBro
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I'd blame the cars and bad city planning and highways, too. That intersection is a fucking joke and it's not easy to take another route to avoid it."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Also I don't think I've ever seen or heard these mythical "CONFISCATE ALL GUNS" people. It's always some people saying "look, can we have a few reasonable restrictions? This has worked in other places" while the other side is all "OBAMA'S COMING TO TAKE ALL OUR GUNS"."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015 edited

^Yeah, me neither. I've never met one of them and I run in a pretty liberal crowd. Their existence seems to me to be fictional and the product of right wing propaganda. And the far right has been claiming that those people exist since at least the early 90s.

Also: sorry to hear that, Pete :/We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    joeyfresh:^Yeah, me neither. I've never met one of them and I run in a pretty liberal crowd. Their existence seems to me to be fictional and the product of right wing propaganda.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015

Thanks Joey. For the record, guns don't kill people, people do.

Just make it harder for people to get guns, and make them go through a more stringent vetting process.
    I've met one or two, but they were not American, so fuck 'em. Funny talkers.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorratqueen

TIH how seemingly hard it is to meet people. I got hit two weeks after I bought my new bike (4 days after being introduced to y'all...) and broke my fucking arm, haven't been able to ride in over a month and I'm feeling pretty isolated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

I met a whole bunch the other day. They were a friend of mine from the performing arts business, and a whole TON of people, some of them friends of mine, some strangers, who chimed in on his Facebook post, agreeing 100% with him. This was what freaked me out -- that SO MANY people seem to have that view, and I had no idea.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

^Yeesh, theater people.

ratqueen:TIH how seemingly hard it is to meet people. I got hit two weeks after I bought my new bike (4 days after being introduced to y'all...) and broke my fucking arm, haven't been able to ride in over a month and I'm feeling pretty isolated.
    Throw a byob "I'm laid up and it sucks so come hang out with me" party and announce it here. People will probably come. Where do you live?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015 edited

lol, way to completely ignore the lonely person in [what I'm sure was accidentally] a taunting way.

I don't know who you are, ratqueen, but there's the BCU bikefest in Somerville tomorrow. I assume you live in Somerville because everyone lives in Somerville.

[simultyped w/Joe, addressing pocky, obvs]i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Oops, I typed that comment after Fries's comment without reloading the page, and then saw that ratqueen's comment came in between after it posted. Yeah, the order makes it seem kind of dickish.

Agreed that you should throw a soft rage at your place which is obviously in Somerville and post it in the Hangtime thread and people will come. (I'd come if I weren't 400 miles away.)::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015

One problem with the "If everyone is just educated, there wouldn't be any problems", I really don't think it works at all. There is no doubt that "guns rights" folks *know* that little kids are killed by playing with guns in the ten thousands every year. They just *believe* it would never happen to them. They *know* that guns are dangerous, but they *believe* a gun protects them from dangerous people. They *know* all sorts of things, but don't *believe* any of it applies to them/the people they know/the situation they are in.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    • CommentAuthorben

It's one of the reasons poor people vote republican, too. Even though it's against their own self-interest to elect a party of billionaires who hate unions and the working class, they *believe* they will one day be rich; they *believe* they will never need help; and they *believe* that it's worth fucking everyone over because one day they will benefit from the fuckery.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Obo:little kids are killed by playing with guns in the ten thousands every year

Uhhh, that's just extremely not true (source)

Also, I think some of the problem with the whole discussion is the heterogeneity of types of gun deaths. Like, accidental child gun deaths - obviously a very emotional issue, but accidental child deaths happen for a lot of reasons and outlawing shitty parenting is going to do more on that front than any kind of gun control. Anyway, heterogeneity: accidental child death, accidental adult death, gang/organized crime violence, toxic masculinity-themed mass shootings, robberies gone wrong, regular ol' middle class sex revenge, suicide...

I mean, I buy that mass shootings would be a lot harder with knives, but mass shootings are not the majority of gun deaths by any means, and I guess it seems like gun vs. other is less meaningful in many other cases.

Also nobody has mentioned subsistence hunting but that is a thing for poor people.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

But then there's also the simple fact that places with looser gun laws end up with far more of all those types of death, and about twice as many people die from suicide by gun than homicide by gun in this country. Places that have made changes in their gun laws (like Australia) have had a significant decrease in suicides without an increase by other means.

Think of how irrational people get just from road rage, now imagine every angry driver you meet has an exceedingly easy way to kill you (without damaging their car). I don't think any of us want to live in a society like that. Even the fucking wild west had better rules about carrying guns than we do today."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nandy:Think of how irrational people get just from road rage, now imagine every angry driver you meet has an exceedingly easy way to kill you (without damaging their car).

No, for sure, but (genuinely curious/confused) how does "a few reasonable restrictions" (as you say above) change that? I doubt most drivers have a disqualifier in their background.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015 edited

A lot of other places seem to have figured this out a lot better, it's not like limiting people's access to lethal weapons is totally uncharted territory for humans. I think the most effective thing would be a change in society discouraging gun ownership, like when Amsterdam was getting paved over and filled with cars people stood up and said "enough is enough, stop fucking killing our kids. We need to discourage and regulate driving". Or here when drunk driving was a huge problem. We worked on the issue and significantly lowered deaths, without banning cars. Gun nuts are all "UGH it's nearly impossible to get a gun in Mass/New York/etc!" well good, that's the fucking point. You don't actually need them.

People think "oh it's easy, I watched some movies, I'll only make good decisions, I don't need any training" and then these things happen. The NRA keeps telling people to get guns and be heroes, while actually trained experts agree that's the last fucking thing we need, "“The notion that you have a seal of approval just because you’re not a criminal—that you walk into a gun store and you’re ready for game-day—is ridiculous,”".

I don't know, I'm not one of the dozens of people who've been studying this problem for decades, but maybe make some of the most over-the-top ones harder to get? Maybe start with this one that was used to mow down all those schoolchildren? Maybe work on this toxic version of American masculinity?

Or just give up, do nothing, and wait to get shot because America loves violence and war."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben

Well said.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

Nandy:

WOO Wyoming! only like 12 people, but one of them's dead!

=/
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Replace guns with scorpions and you'd probably have roughly the same chart.

EDIT: Which is to say that it's pretty obvious that places with a higher percentage of deadly-object ownership will experience a higher percentage of deaths by said deadly object.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

TL;DR I like guns, I don't agree with how easy it is to get a gun, but I don't have anything to contribute to this discussion.

I like guns for the following reasons:
    a) I like deer and moose jerky (sorry vegetarians)
    b) I find it fun to shoot orange discs out of the sky
    c) I find the engineering and the mechanics of them to be fascinating (very much the reason I like bicycles, cars, motorcycles)
    d) It's relaxing to go target shooting, because it requires a great deal of focus
    e) I find peace in that if someone were to come and threaten my family/loved one/dog that I would have a means to deter the intruder (unless he had a gun, because then get real because I choose my life over someone else's in this situation)

Does this make me a terrible person? Maybe the deer part...but fuck bambi.

I don't think that owning a gun suddenly empowers me to be a vigilante/hometown hero/supermanlyman. So don't take away my guns, plzthx.
    ThreePete:...but fuck bambi.

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

nerdo:Replace guns with scorpions and you'd probably have roughly the same chart.

EDIT: Which is to say that it's pretty obvious that places with a higher percentage of deadly-object ownership will experience a higher percentage of deaths by said deadly object.

Yeah, but I'm fairly sure 60% of households in Alaska don't have scorpions to kill your neighbor with over a petty argument or to scorpion yourself to death with during a particularly bad bout of depression."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015

Dana Park, in Cambridge: A woman reported a "creepy guy" in the park to the cops. He wrote her this open letter. "David Updike is a Cambridge, Massachusetts man who enjoys taking photographs in the park. A neighbor spotted him doing just that, and, fearing he was photographing other people's children, she reported him to the cops for suspicious behavior. After being detained by six police officers who cornered him on the sidewalk near his home, David decided to let his anonymous neighbor know how the experience felt via this open letter:"I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015

I love the ending of that letter.

Suggestion: the next time you suspect someone is up to no good, perhaps you should say hello, speak to them first and, if still anxious, ask what they are taking pictures of. That’s what people do in a neighborhood park: talk to each other. This would save someone the humiliation and degradation of being stopped and held by the police, and might save the police from wasting their time when they could be doing something more useful, like managing the daily mayhem in Central Square.

The fact that you now have my picture in your phone is both sadly ironic and, well, creepy. Could you please delete it?

Your neighbor,

— David Updike
    I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015 edited

Another fucking death. Suicide. Guy I knew in college. Small community. Fuck fuck fuck.

My friend Leo (who was very close friends with the guy) posted: "I hope that all my friends know they can talk to me if they are having dark thoughts."

I messaged him.

"I read your status, Leo. I wasn't close to Rosenberg at all. I'm not even sure we got along. But I liked him. He was sharp and witty- and earnest underneath. When I woke up this morning and saw that, I was sad for his family and I was sad for his close friends, and I was also scared. I don't know what was going through his head, but I do know that I've spent maybe 30% of my days since I was 10 with passive suicidal ideation (the "I hope I don't wake up tomorrow" level, the not making plans but silently wishing it degree) and his death- knowing *nothing* about it- was a very uncomfortable mirror to look into. I do not know how he suffered and I don't know what happened, but it scared the shit out of me because I've been on that ledge many times and probably will be again in the future. All I could say about it this morning as I went on a 7 mile hike outside of the city with an acquaintance was "I can't do that to my friends, I can't do that to my friends..." I don't know why I'm writing this to you. Probably because of the status you put up. I live with dark thoughts, Leo, I have my whole life, and I'm fighting like hell to survive it- therapy, self-care, good community, etc- but it gets some of us and I don't know why and not knowing why and looking into that mirror is agony, because I don't want to ever destroy my friends like that but the shit gets so dark and when you've been there for so long it feels like it's all you are and all you've ever been... I have dark thoughts, Leo. They come and go and sometimes they sit for days or weeks. I don't know what can be done about it. I don't know what talking can do. Except maybe to remember why other people value you so that you can remember yourself. I don't know. I just wanted to reach out and say hi and respond to your status because I was glad you posted it and because I didn't know how else to share the grief I feel over the suicide of someone I barely knew and how personal it feels despite my lack of real relationship with him."

Fuck fuck fuck. I don't know how to untie this knot.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Damn, I'm so sorry Joe. Claudine remembers him.

TIH we drove by this today. The car was still completely engulfed in flames, I felt like I could feel the heat even inside my car, but maybe that was just in my head. Didn't see it happen so I dunno how it happened, but afaik it's pretty unusual for a car to just go up like that. Fortunately MiniFries was asleep.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015

Sorry to hear that, Joe. My advice for knot untying is hanging out with cats, but I like cats a lot. Also, you're an awesome person. Let's hang out when I'm in town in a few weeks!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015 edited

Joe, my condolences man.

surprisefries:Damn, I'm so sorry Joe. Claudine remembers him.

TIH we drove by this today. The car was still completely engulfed in flames, I felt like I could feel the heat even inside my car, but maybe that was just in my head. Didn't see it happen so I dunno how it happened, but afaik it's pretty unusual for a car to just go up like that. Fortunately MiniFries was asleep.

Fries what were you doing in my neck of the woods. I attended high school in Bergen County.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015

Cars seem to go up like that a lot, just search "car fire" on UHub. Your car is probably unlikely to burst into flames if you maintain it and don't crash into anything, but if you have to get around by little explosions that need a fuel tank and there's humans making decisions involved there's probably always that risk. Cars are scary."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015

Nandy:Sorry to hear that, Joe. My advice for knot untying is hanging out with cats, but I like cats a lot. Also, you're an awesome person. Let's hang out when I'm in town in a few weeks!
    For sure. Text me!We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ThreePete:Fries what were you doing in my neck of the woods. I attended high school in Bergen County.
    me too, don bosco prep..whered you go?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015

seanile mick:
    ThreePete:Fries what were you doing in my neck of the woods. I attended high school in Bergen County.
    me too, don bosco prep..whered you go?

FOOOOOOOOTBBBBBOWLLLL

I went to Northern Valley Old Tappan.
    We were in / around Spring Lake for a wedding, Mrs. Fries's bro married a Jersey girl.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015 edited

Tell your Jersey friends to come see me in Il Tabarro with Garden State Opera at Caldwell University this Sunday.
    I got stuck in tremendous traffic trying to get home from rehearsal the night of that crash and I suspect it was backup from the ensuing shitshow.

Nandy:but if you have to get around by little explosions that need a fuel tank

Level of Happiness is directly proportional to Distance of Crotch From Explosions

By the way, Tesla's old laboratory where they're going to build the museum is really close to where my dad is buried, so I went and checked it out when I was there visiting the cemetery the other day.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Today I am really annoyed when: Middle class people who consider themselves "self made" (which might even be true in their case) declare that they are "NOT the 99%" because, I dunno, they're not collecting welfare? 1) Yes you are, dumbass, learn some math, 2) I see the oligarchy has completely succeeded in tricking you into fighting other poor people for their scrapsi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy