Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2016 edited

For the record, grape juice for kidney problems is being researched as real medicine: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23940710::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2016

i also didnt have insurance so an ER visit would put me in further crippling debt
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

Craigglesofdoom:
    a_lion:sounds like nandy didn't have two weeks for juice and silver to kick in!

...are there are things you can take that will turn you other colors? i'm all sortsa curious now...

Well, Fava beans can cause Jaundice in kids. You could always just drink heavily for a long time and kill your liver, and then you'll probably get jaundice from that before you die.

Hypochromic anemia can cause greenish skin, which is caused by either hereditary dysfunction or a B6 deficiency or low iron.

i've still never drank, so probs not gonna go the jaundice route. green could be interesting...

i still have no idea how to put videos in this board, but thanks to homeopathy and this guy myles we should all already be cured of everything already: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Li1ErHfK1Zs
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Turning orange from eating too many carrots is a known thing.
    you pseudoscientists are on the wrong forum.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2016

kossmonaut:i also didnt have insurance so an ER visit would put me in further crippling debt

If you are a resident of MA there is no excuse not to have MassHealth."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    6kidz:
    kossmonaut:i also didnt have insurance so an ER visit would put me in further crippling debt

If you are a resident of MA there is no excuse not to have MassHealth.

Yeah also thisNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2016

^^^This is true. And if the "there's no barrier stopping you" wasn't enough of a motivating factor, consider that you will be charged a fee at the end of the tax year for each month you were not insured. I had a coworker who did about 6 months of no insurance that ended up costing about $600.
    That chunk of change alone is worth sorting out your insurance. Go in person to the office on Portland St. You may have to wait an hour or two, but the people working there do really seem to know how to get things done quickly, accurately and with the least amount of "why-the-hell-are-you-bothering-me-today?" attitude.
    It pisses me off that CVS puts homeopathic remedy bullshit on the shelf right next to real medicine. I was in a hurry once and accidentally bought flavored water for MiniFries.

The Car Talk method is turn the radio up until you can't hear the noise.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2016 edited

for those who are counting, we just had another person quit my museum. i started tearing down some large exhibit spaces yesterday, and the curator has quit without finishing the plans for the exhibits supposed to go up in these spaces. bitchin.

oh and kimberly, who started a few weeks after me and was the only person i hang out with, moved back home 2 weeks ago, but did give 2 months notice.

going to make it sooooooo much worse if/when i ever get a job out of here
    •  
      CommentAuthorrmull
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2016

Bike-commuted the whole winter without incident... got a flat tire today on the way home, on the best weather day of 2016.
    I got one last week, this is flat tire season- between the melt and the return of street sweeping.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016 edited

in between removing a perfectly good square taper bottom bracket, and putting it into another frame, the threads for the spindle mysteriously decided to self-destruct, eating my only m8x1 bolt (to install bottom brackets) in the process. anyone know if a shop has taps/thread chasers? i'm going to be a cheap ass and try to save this twenty dollar part. i'm aware that they'll most likely say "no - liability issues," but it never hurts to ask.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016

Go to Harbor Freight and spend the sixteen bucks and you'll have a full tap and die set. I own this exact set and could lend you the m8x1 out of mine for the cost of shipping it from Rochester (probably a couple of bucks), and then you'd have to ship it back (a couple more bucks) and by that point you'd already have spent the equivalent of a quarter of this whole set.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    surprisefries:It pisses me off that CVS puts homeopathic remedy bullshit on the shelf right next to real medicine. I was in a hurry once and accidentally bought flavored water for MiniFries.

The Car Talk method is turn the radio up until you can't hear the noise.

Oh yeah, I also should mention that homeopathy has a frightening hold in Spain. Theres a dentist on my street that does oral surgery and homeopathic treatments.

But spanish pharms are crazy strong (OTC example, 1g ibuprofen tablets), so maybe when they say "homeopathic" they mean "american strength"You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2016

do you know the size needed to tap a limit screw hole on a front derailleur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2016

Depends on the derailleur. I've seen different sized screws on different derailleurs. Take the screw out and bring it to Home Depot and use their thread gauge.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    roll without one like Master PYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    1g ibuprofen, holy shit. everyone there have fucked up livers or what?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    fucked up tummies too, probi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I guess it just takes that much to take down a lively spaniard. especially because everyone i've asked about it is like "if you're going to take 200 mg, why take anything at all?"You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Well I agree with that, but five-fold is a big jump.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016

do they sell antibiotics otc there?gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016 edited

gram, just buy the fish ones and take those. that's what the preppers do.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    paul jameson:gram, just buy the fish ones and take those. that's what the preppers do.

Can confirmi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    you preppin, dogg?

if you wanna talk about what bucket lids are the best for airtight storage, gc is your boy.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Nah, my brother. except that now so much of the stuff has been "prepped" for five years, my parents are starting to eat the stuff before it expires. I might one day go so far as to put together a bugout bag, but that's it for me.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016

paul jameson:you preppin, dogg?

10 Cloverfield Lane was AMAZING, by the way. Go see it. J. J. Abrams needs to stick to producing weirdshit, which he is amazing at, and stop trying to direct franchises like Star Trek and Star Wars, which IMHO he is no good at.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

3 flats in a week 3 different bikes. Street cleaning can't come soon enough
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

in portland the street sweepers have a vacuum arm and a man who walks behind it sucking up the beef jerky wrappers off the ground
    • CommentAuthorbluntfang
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2016

rock dathe:in portland the street sweepers have a vacuum arm and a man who walks behind it sucking up the beef jerky wrappers off the ground

so the east coast will get the beef jerky wrappers in 5-10 years?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2016

Omg, american health insurance.

So that kidney infection that happened on a Saturday when I couldn't get antibiotics prescribed anywhere but the ER? They billed my insurance a couple hundred for the $60 worth of tests, but that amount was about a hundred dollars less than the amount allowed by the contract the two companies had, so the insurance "paid" for the difference between that contract price and the actual bill, even though I hadn't reached the $3k deductible, so they're telling me I should be grateful they "paid" anything at all (I had the hospital send me the entire itemized bill, and the insurance payment doesn't seem to exist), and I just have to pay the full bill anyway."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorObo

Cyclist assaulted by driver for passing his parked car (apparently)

https://www.reddit.com/r/boston/comments/4bsbca/bicyclist_assaulted_on_mass_ave/I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

That Reddit pointed me to this horrible thing, too:

City blames pedestrian, crossing the street in a crosswalk on the walk light, for being fatally collided into by NYPD van driven by cop on her cellphone
    "Plantiff(s) voluntarily performed and engaged in the alleged activity and assumed the risk of the injuries and/or damages claimed. Plaintiff(s) failed to use all required, proper, appropriate and reasonable safety devices and/or equipment and failed to take all proper, appropriate and reasonable steps to assure his/her/their safety … Plaintiff(s)’ implied assumption of risk caused or contributed, in whole or in part [sic] to his/her/their injuries."::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    TIH: I am completely unemployablei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017 edited

TIH Marty Walsh.
    7:13 in the video, directly in response to the interviewer bringing up Rick Archer's death. Marty Walsh is a douche starship.

On the other hand, TIL Bikeyface.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    BUT VISION ZERODFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017

#FUCKYOUMARTY"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries