Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2018

^^Total Mario Cart clause!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Nandy:A DUI plowed through a group ride of cyclists out here putting a guy in a month long coma and other permanent injuries, so he gets a year of not getting caught driving and 4 months of weekENDs in jail. Fuck everything

everythingDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2018

shouldn't just getting caught driving drunk itself have higher penalties than that??

both strawberry banke and plimouth plantation are having labor issues/treating their staff like garbage, so fingers fuckin crossed old sturbridge village doesn't also abuse their staff or where the fuck am i ever gonna work back in new england someday?That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    should but doesn't, especially if it's first offense. Apparently around Boston you basically have to hit something to even get an OUI.

That sucks. Maybe they'll learn their lesson before you come back this way (ha. ha. ha.).DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

lulz yeah maybeThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

been realizing over the course of the evening how this one girl at work, who has kind of made my life real stressful at times (and nearly got herself fired for it at one point) is effin' with me again. she's the marketing person for the whole park district, so i had to tell her all the various stuff that's going to be happening at an event i'm having in 2 weeks, and i gave her both a blurb for sharing publicly, and a list of crafts/activities i will be arranging, but she's somehow added wassail (what even is that) and activities in the promotional things that have been printed/shared online, so now if i don't come up with this other bullshit, i'm suddenly hosting an event that doesn't live up to the expectations of these folk who SUPER WOULDN'T HAVE CARED ABOUT THESE EXTRAS if they hadn't specifically been led to expect them. god damn ittttttttttttt

also i'm jewish and just SO disinterested in throwing a big christmas event. all the sugar cookies i make for them to frost gonna be some damn 6 pointed stars.That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    You've probably figured this out by now, but wassail is a drink. Apparently usually warm mulled cider these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

yeah and 2 weeks ago i told her we're super done with apple things, after our 15 bushel cooking/pressing spree, so fuuuuuuuuck dealing with that, except that i think we can just have a crockpot of cider next to the pomander making area, and through stupid pomanders into it to flavor (ick)
    hot chocolate 5evaThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

haha do itttt 100% 6 pointed stars. As someone raised in one of the Christmas religions, Christmas is obnoxious. Fuck it forever

Wassail can be p delicious tho"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2018

i do believe i have the cookie cutters to make it happen. and yeah..presents are fun, but this holiday is EXCESSIVEThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    For continuity's sake I'm going to post this in here: After 12 dead mice and 1 poor mouse caught by its hand (Sorry! I released it down the hill)... no more mice? Usually I've been able to hear them scurrying around inside the ceiling/floor, but no more noise and no more mousetrap action.

I reckon we may have new co-residents once we hit a warm spell.

I am sad to report none of the baby jesus cookie cutters I found in a quick websearch were in the slightest bit ironic.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2018

the gimpy mouse is bringing a dang mouse army back atcha at some point. just traps, never did get an exterminator?

what even would an ironic baby jesus look like, in cookie form? riding a sheep or something...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    Not to worry, the injured mouse was released waaaaay closer to my hippie neighbor's house, so I should be in the clear. I really didn't want mice dying inside the walls/floors, so no, no exterminator. I reckoned it was better to kill them somewhere where they could easily be removed.

As for baby J, I was hoping for something non-cutesy. There are tons of cutesy baby-in-a-manger ones. Seems odds to me, but to each their own.
    i feel like you could add some irony in the frostingDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2018

seems complex for a cookieThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2018

this exists"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Thats pretty awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2018

^^UUUUUHHHHMAZING!!!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2018

I just googled "middle finger cookie cutter" if anyone's interested. There's a bunch out there. I should really get one."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2018

TIH the pearl izumi outlet in conway is closing =(That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2018

That reminds me of that super cringe-y video Pearl Izumi made that was someone riding a road bike and the dialogue was essentially "I get it, drivers. People who ride bikes can be obnoxious. Cyclists, let's be nicer and move off the road when drivers go by". Haven't really forgiven them for that one."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2018

didn't see that, and it sounds like it super sucks, but... getting cheap jerseys n gloves n shit was real niceThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    what the fuuuuuck

i do love my few PI things but ughDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2018

this week i hate: 'golden age' sci fi is SO horny for incest. and teens. fuckin grodyThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2018

So I got this Nintendo Switch and it's pretty awesome, but a big part of it is online play and in one of my games there's a feature where anyone can post a "doodle" and it'll show up real time on everyone's screen unfiltered and unranked in any way. Like, dozens of them on your screen at a time in this area you have to use to get to different places and it's 99% edgelords and middle schoolers writing the stupidest cringey shit. Supposedly you can turn it off but I did and I still see it? Don't know why anyone thought this would be a good idea."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

that's a pretty unattractive feature!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    that is exactly the kind of thing i can picture the designers coming up with and thinking "man that'll be so cool" when in actuality it *would* be cool, except for how people actually behave on the internet. but nobody thinks that shit through.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

whew, just had to restart the system and I don't see them anymore.

I think it's something that could have been cool if there were people sorting them or voting on them and have them go up after a process, but that's not how it ended up. Dammit, internet."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2018

Anyway, Splatoon is super fuckin fun once you turn those doodles off. Only other thing that makes me mad is you can't play multiplayer on one console, you have to have another Switch with another copy of the $60 game to play with people irl :( #problemsForPeopleWithTooMuchTimeToWaste #dammitcapitalism"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    i almost got doored last night, *while driving my car*

COME ON PEOPLEDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2019

Was your car wearing hi-viz? How else would you expect drivers to see you? You can't expect them to look before throwing their door open into traffic, obviously"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    totally and i wasn't wearing a helmet either so def my faultDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    oh man the next person that finds out i bike everywhere and immediately starts recounting the very very bad things they see bikers do all the time is going to get an earfulDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2019

I've almost been doored walking on a narrow sidewalk before. Humans are too dumb for doors, I think we need something like this:

When they just fling themselves out of the opening at least they'll get hurt too rather than just hurt other people extra with that sharp metal door and then act like it's no big deal."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    haha SUVs should definitely have doors like that, at the least

how cool would it be to roll up in a minivan and slide that thing upDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2019

All car doors should open like Lamborghini doors.

Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2019

Over the summer on some rides I met a guy who knew about orchards and was interested in volunteering to help me pick the right trees and get them in the ground\keep them alive. Turns out he also is interested in dating me, so now I'm gonna have to probably just tell my boss to forget I ever found a guy, cuz...ugh. He's got a college sophmore soon!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    oi :/DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2019

ugh :/"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2019 edited

Jeesh, the things I miss when I'm away for a bit.

30 year old plastic and glue are being a pain in my ass. I have a few pairs of old XC skis (my old classic skis which admittedly are probably too small, my old skating skis, my father's old classic skis) all with the old SNS bindings (the kind with the metal hoop off the front of the boot). Couldn't find my old boots so I bought some sweet looking old boots off Ebay a few months ago and finally got a chance to use 'em... sole separated on my first outing. After buying those I came across my old boots, so I used those for all of five minutes... sole cracked and I realize the sole was starting to come off those. Researched a bit online, bought barge cement and did my best to glue the bought boots. Separated again first time I used them (bonus, we somehow crashed the local ski league's practice, and unbeknownst to me one of my daughter's classmates who was actually part of that group told her the leaders had chocolate covered gummy bears, so she started crying when I realized the sole was completely coming off again - didn't learn why she suddenly started crying until much later). Figured I'd try to fix my old boots, managed to get some cement in under the sole, pressed it to shoe, and the plastic part it attaches to crumbled under my fingers.

I don't mind giving up and getting something modern, particularly because it seems like bindings have improved immensely, but I was kinda excited to have ski options, and absent replacing bindings that ain't gonna happen (my father's old skis are insanely long and so much fun). That and I wanna ski nooooooow, not wait. As it stands we have great snow but it's gonna be rainy and in the 40s next week.

Going to try to take the kid out again this afternoon, hope my old boots don't completely come apart on me.
    seanile mick:
    grey ham:the forum is going haywire for me:

i just clicked on your name to see when you joined because that's a shit ton of whispers and...apparently you joined 22 hours ago haha

I hate snow fall for more than a week.NEMT dispatch software
    Snow ride?

Seems like I spoke a little too fast about my old crumbling boots... went out for almost an hour yesterday and they didn't completely fall apart or anything. Still, gonna be sure to wear wool socks in the future so my feet won't freeze in cotton socks should we go further afield and my boots crumble to dust out in the woods.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2019

^ I wish you the best of luck in your crumbling old things adventures. I'm still wearing glasses I have to keep super gluing together because they mostly work.

^^ is that a spam bot?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Duh, you're totally right about bot mind tricks.

I'm thinking leaving them in an unheated garage for a decade or more probably didn't help. I can't imagine I had actually used them since 1992. Still, maybe I could fix them even more. The other one's sole looks okay enough to use, I must've had some sort of impact to that shoe at some point. Hard to argue with things that mostly work (obviously seeing > being able to use old skis).
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2019

Really dumb part is there's an optometrist literally on my commute a block from work, all I have to do is leave 5 minutes early to make an appointment or call.

Just cleaned my glasses and they broke again."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2019

but at least they kind of stay on my face even when the glue breaks"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Turns out I should've been less worried about the boots than every glued item on this stuff. Went out briefly this morning, and the bottom of the ski came unglued. I have a picture, it's like half the bottom of the ski hanging off of it like a wet noodle. Looks like I'll get my money's worth out of that tube of cement, hoping I won't regret forgoing a tin of it.

My wife bought new glasses frames a few months ago, keeps not making it to an optometrist.
    dude, duct tape! or electrical - i've used that to hold rugby boots together waaaay after I should have scrapped them.

lukejamie07 might be a spambot- it wasn't obviously a spambot so I approved the application, in the spirit of keeping the forum as open as possible. I can always ban if it turns out to be.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2019

in the ~8 months i've been in ohio, i've made a single non-work friend, who i've had many plans with but have not actually managed to hang out with since late september. back in the fall, before i fully understood how our plan-making was gonna go, i bought her, myself, and my friend in another part of ohio $80 les miz tickets, after confirming dates and prices with everyone. today, after talking about how she's busy in march, i reminded her of the april date of the show, and, oh, wow, that's her daughter's birthday, she's going to bring her daughter lunch and eat with her, and has to pick her up at 3:30, is that ok? uh, the show is 2-5, so no, that is not ok. how is this even happening? did the birthday move?? the date of the show sure didn't...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    that's a pretty incredible flakeDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D