Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2019

wow, did they pay you back?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2019

no, will try to find a coworker/internet rando...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2019

les miz tickets sorted, today's hate is that a week ago i saw a flyer from someone selling pigeons, and this person WILL NOT CALL ME BACK! i want to try eating a damn pigeon!! come onnnnThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    hahaha.

I could probably overnight you a few...DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2019

honestly that's even more concerning than buying them off a flyer posted in tractor supply!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    Probably, yeah.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

haha what. I was like "as a pet? okay" and then "..ooh""life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

apparently other countries don't consider pigeons gross dirty birbs as much as we do? they're a food!

ugh there's a 6th, kinda sickly looking cat in the barn today and i don't know how to trap a cat without catching the other catsThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^I've heard that early European colonists thought lobsters were garbage because they were so plentiful (back then) and would just feed them to poor people.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2019

i've read that!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    I have too, apparently lobsters were prison food.

People used to eat pigeons (and keep them as pets) like nbd! They're actually feral, so originally they didn't have the association with city garbage birds, 'cause they weren't.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2019 edited

My daughter really wants a bow and arrow, and despite my wife's objections I was pretty ready to get her one. Then somehow the subject came up a week or so ago and she announced that she wanted it so she could hunt, because she wants to taste squirrel (her frenemy has tasted squirrel her brother killed). Admittedly I do hate the squirrels since once busted into my kitchen last summer, but I just want them gone, not eaten.

TBF she would no longer question why I don't hunt for our family (uh, because I'm a vegetarian?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

kids can be so weird, lol."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

also like, I'd be worried about them shooting all over the neighborhood trying to hit squirrels. Maybe get them hooked on some nice healthy video games?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2019

I assume you'd have to be pretty decent before you could hit something that small and moving?! Arrows wildly through the neighborhood is def a concern.That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    I had a bow and arrow as a kid. Only a 25lb draw, not strong enough to hunt with. I've never heard of hunting squirrels with a bow anyway, usually a .22, but even a strong pellet gun could work.

My cousin and I used to just shoot arrows off into the woods (we knew and could see nobody was out there), then just go walk through the woods 'til we found them.

Also, my friend Paul and I used to stand in my parents' yard and shoot arrows straight up, then dodge them as they came down.

I hope your kid is more responsible than I was?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime7 days ago

man i sometimes can't find my arrows just in the narrow confines of the grass of the range! in the woods...no friggin chance

also we're maybe going to have to shoot the fucking cat someone abandoned at the farm and i am just so mad at people dumping animals on our property as if leaving an inside cat at a public park is somehow kinder than taking it to a shelterThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    Oh yeah it took a long time, that was part of it. I only ever lost one or two, amazingly.

Ugh, that's fucking awful.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Is there a game warden they could call with a tranquilizer gun, and then take it to a shelter? It just sucks to have a cat meet its end with a load of bird shot, or whatever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime6 days ago

surprisefries:Also, my friend Paul and I used to stand in my parents' yard and shoot arrows straight up, then dodge them as they came down.

I hope your kid is more responsible than I was?

uhhhhhhhhhhhh WTF, congrats on not dying!

^^^ :((((((((( that is so sad. Wtf kind of monster just dumps an indoor animal like that?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime6 days ago

someone who suuuucks! we had chickens dumped back in november, and one was already sick and died the first night before we could even catch them. WE'RE NOT THE DUMP/DON'T GET ANIMALS YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF FOREVERThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime5 days ago

I volunteered at the Gifford shelter a couple times and they have to have a huge and detailed "ABANDONING ANIMALS IS A CRIME, DON'T BE SHITBAGS" or something to that effect, because a lot of fucking garbage people will just drop a box of actual living animals overnight. Humans are the worst."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime5 days ago

i need cameras on the roadThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    a_lion:man i sometimes can't find my arrows just in the narrow confines of the grass of the range! in the woods...no friggin chance

also we're maybe going to have to shoot the fucking cat someone abandoned at the farm and i am just so mad at people dumping animals on our property as if leaving an inside cat at a public park is somehow kinder than taking it to a shelter

How hard is it to bring the cat to a shelter? Although... a million years ago I had a flaky girlfriend who adopted this huge dog and then went away leaving me to care for it... and all my roommates hated it and would be mean to it. (TBF it was a huge very insecure dog and it would shit every time you left it alone, and I was messengering so gone most of the day) I called the guy she got the dog from, but he was out of town or something. Long story short I brought it to Angel. They made me feel super guilty, and I was already feeling pretty shitty about the situation.

In the end original owner was reunited with the dog and I think he found someone else to take it.
    a_lion:I assume you'd have to be pretty decent before you could hit something that small and moving?! Arrows wildly through the neighborhood is def a concern.

Probably? I did hit a few squirrels with slingshot pellets, but that was entirely luck (clay pellets, just trying to get them to stop digging holes in my trashbarrels and trying to break into my house).

Before the topic of hunting came up I was gonna just set up a target down in a meadow where there'd be no one to hit (although now that I think about it, I was gonna use a cliff face as a backstop, but that area is overgrown with wild blackberries, and all this talk of searching for lost arrows has me rethinking that idea). As long as you were somewhat mindful of which way you were shooting I'd think a kid would be okay down in our woods (mostly just not downhill toward the interstate, though I doubt an arrow would ever make it out beyond the trees). Also, there's a constitutional right to hunt on unmarked private land in VT, and for whatever reason people seem to think it's the non-hunter's responsibility not to get shot. I would be pretty surprised if the previous owner didn't hunt on the land.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime5 days ago

^^sounds like you did the right thing, even if they gave you grief over it, but you weren't the one that intentionally got that dog (and yes i don't know what the situation was with the person that got the cat, but i'm still gonna be pissy at them, and there's no fuckin way someone "accidentally" got 7 chickens last year)

^we're going to plant berries this spring, and i've told my assistant guy i'm stationing him outside with a slingshot to fight off the birds =P
    heh right by the berry pricker bushes, teach you not to miss the target pretty quick i guess?That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime4 days ago

I mean, going to a (staffed and open) shelter is worlds better than abandoning something that's lived inside all its life in some park to starve or get hurt/die."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime3 days ago

haha the shelter people didn't guilt me, but did friggin turn the cat and i away cuz i admitted it's a mean cat. they gave me numbers of people looking for barn cats, so tomorrow i'm supposed to go drop it off outside the house of someone else who wants it, but like, he's not even going to be home, so now i'm a cat dumper. honestly, while it's in a cage, he should really take it to a vet cuz it looks...troubled. and fucker is NOT easy to catch!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime3 days ago

lol I'd be a mean cat too if some asshole human dumped me in a strange place with a bunch of other cats I don't know"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime3 days ago

yeah, i mean, i did wake it up by fuckin grabbing it, so, not 100% shocking it flipped the fuck out biting madly (that i could get hands on it before it heard me and woke up makes me think more that it's not healthy)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime2 days ago

:("life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime1 day ago

feline hiv + fleas + ...gooey eyes? it's gone now. =/That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo