Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2019

yeah, keep going back and give a nice "hi neighbor" wave and smile, keeping that halt spray real accessible"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2019

emailed my apartment manager sunday night that something's gone wrong and our dryer is intimidatingly loud and angry, and monday morning she said k she'll get someone out to look at it. buuuut BGSU's graduation was this past weekend so a bunch of people are moving out so apparently the handymen type folk are busy turning over apartments and not going to get here before the long weekend. good thing i don't work on a farm and have gross stinky poop clothes OH WAIT >=(That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    ugh.

Our dryer didn't work for like...2 years or so? It tumbled but didn't heat (gas dryer, igniter was shot), so we just tumbled all night with no heat and that was good enough.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

ours may still be heating, but it's VERY LOUD AND ANGRY and sounds like it may do something very damaging?
    i feel like 'oh people are moving in' was the reason it took like 2 fuckin months to get the ceiling leak in our hallway entirely stopped, but on the other hand i emailed about the freezer not being as freezy as i wanted over the winter and someone checked on it the very next day, and we had a new fridge the day after. just...bad timing sometimes?? or, that's used as an excuse for an excessive length of time...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    yeah, maybe an excuse for just dropping the ball?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

i want to wash my dang sheets! stop being lazy shits! (after a recent run-in with a guy whose home looked like he had raccoons living with him, keeping up my basic standards of cleanliness is very much on my mind)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    it's a pretty good idea in generalDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Handyman?

Odds are they're calling an appliance repair person?

But maybe they're also super busy right now, with fixing stuff that students didn't bother to report and landlords/rentcollectors are only finding out about once the students moved out?
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2019

nah they have their own guys who fix things... oh god i just remembered, part of the reason they were so busy last fall was that the main repair guy type guy had gone to fix something in an apartment and had a heart attack as the girl in that apartment opened the door for him. luckily she knew CPR and, besides not remembering that day at all and a week long induced coma, he bounced back fine...

but also, who TF is moving in in late may, i think a lot of these apartments sit empty over the summer, so fix my thing i've still got another 11 months at least here!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    daaangDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Pretty heavy.

Sorry you walked into Grey Gardens 2 (raccoon place).
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

the maintenance guy is surprisingly cheery about the whole thing, and happily back to work, sounds like maybe now with an assistant, which is maybe for the best

and, i mean, that grody situation made it easier to just decide to spend my time this summer riding bikes, maybe think about dudes again once it's cold in the fall, or maybe just...never. w/e.That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2019

bought a new car 2 weeks ago. took a week for me to get an appointment somewhere to get a tow hitch put on, came home after to put on my bike rack, and the knob just turned forever without tightening in the hitch thing. realized i'd used the key from a prior, different company, rack to get it off the old car, so probably busted up the lock chamber, and the company said they'd send me one of the blank keys you use to get the lock chamber in in the first place to hopefully reset it. that came yesterday and didn't do anything, so i went to the bike shop in town and they eventually pried the chamber out and were going to sell me a new set of two (didn't have just one) when it became clear that, oh, huh, part of the end that goes into the hitch was missing. went back to the car dealership and it was totally still in the hitch (and the car wasn't quite sold) so, with some pliers, i was able to get it out, but by then the bike shop was closed for the day. looked around and i totally actually already had the blank key thing that the rack came from and hadn't had to wait 6 days for that... but now at this point i'll probably order just a single chamber that hopefully fits my current keys from the company this morning, wait another week, and then...the rack will work?? i friggin hope?? god that shit has been heavy and awkward to move in and out of the car 1000 times now! fuck.That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    oh man i fucking hate when some dumb little thing like that turns into a huge production. whyyyyyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorryan t

I like how you saved that part in the old car from being owned by someone’s else, although it would have made an interesting story trying to track down the car, and maybe having to sneakily acquire it back while parked somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

they do have someone interested in buying it, so it was a close thing!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2019

I can't whine about Liv where mutual friends in this city would see it (because I feel like people would take it personally if I said anything), but uuuuugggghhhh I hate this shit to no end. These fuckers are doing literally nothing different from every other big brand but talking louder and it bums me out so much. There are no options. Are you in the HALF OF AMERICAN WOMEN who are under 5'4" and probably need an "extra small" bike? Sweet, you get that one bike that's pretty much identical across every fucking brand these days - 51.5tt, 75 seat angle, 70.5 head tube and you can probably barely stand over it, it steers like a boat, and you get toe overlap AND touring bike-territory trail on your $4,000 crit bike. But hey, they got that 3F catchphrase because they missed "WSD". And you can't complain because you have nothing to compare it to! That's just how bikes are, they ride kinda shitty and your back's gonna hurt. Women must just not be that interested in bikes, you guys. Better dump that money into ads about how fucking real Liv is.
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2019

and don't even get me started on Canyon's 650b road bullshit. Fuck them even more.

When I get mad about this stuff I like to make a list of absurd things the bike industry chose to make instead, because the argument's always "making different wheels'forks/etc would bankrupt the industry". Today I saw a FAT BIKE COASTER HUB and was reminded that hub shells made of carbon fiber are a fucking thing. It doesn't make me feel any better. What stupid bullshit have you seen lately?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2019

Hmm, I guess I’m not sure what the thinking is with disc brakes on TT bikes. They should stick with those integrated brake things if only because they look cool. Also, what’s up with all these new sunglasses that look like ski goggles from the 80s? Should I go dig out my old Oakleys that are probably dry-rotting and just use those?

The carbon front hub on my Ksyrium actually outlasted the rim! A carbon rear hub seems sketchy, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

def hate how oakleys look!

re-mad that the saddle i had, and know several other women liked, isn't made anymore. (don't remember what it was called but it was a bodygeometry one, and i bought whatever i figured was their closest to the same but it's nooot the same)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2019 edited

booo, I think I know which one you're talking about but forget the name too. I'm thinking of splurging on a specialized power saddle because I think it would work well for me, but I'm also super cheap. TIH that I love Specialized saddles and gloves but they won't let other distributors sell them."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

power saddle sounds definitely inappropriateThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2019

^Lol.

So I went home for the weekend, and when I got back I noticed that the kitchen smelled like old fruit, but I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. I finally opened my roommate’s cupboard, and a bunch of flies poured out, like I had just found a dead body, except it was a bunch bananas that had turned black.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2019

^Barf. I moved into an apartment once that was infested with pantry moths. Which is to say, it was infested with wormy pantry moth larvae that would crawl around the kitchen ceiling and drop into your drink or on your head at random times. So disgusting!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    oh god

i can tolerate fruit flies, they're pretty easy to catch. but pantry moths are super annoying. One time i found an old half-used thing of dry oatmeal in the way back of a cupboard that was so infested the cardboard was starting to fall apart.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2019

other non-issue whine: I built up a sweet generator wheel for my wide Terry conversion (520iso front to 507 which is a more common 24" mtb/bmx size, 1.5" width to match the rear 650b). The only presta valve tubes I can get start at 1.9-2.125. I'll have to drill out my A23 rim to schrader :("life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    that suuuuuucksDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2019

also it's so hard to keep my mouth shut when shops or companies post photos of riders with their "extra small" sizes being all "thanks for making bikes in xs!" and the seat's slammed, there's clearly negative standover room, it's really long, the front end is raked out AF, bars are like a foot above the saddle and the stem is slammed, and there's obvious bad toe overlap, and that's the only kind of bike we have available to us now if we want something new."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Time to start your custom shorties bike frame business!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

why do you feel obligated to keep your mouth shut? let 'em knooowThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I mean, I'd feel real bad for dampening someone's New $3,500 Bike Day because it's not like they have any choice but custom these days and I don't always want to get into it on a brand's page with their 5'10 fanboys. I should start a blog or something

^^ working on it! This current frame project is turning out pretty good and we're dropping our work schedule down so I can get more built"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

oh, yeah, ok, things that the customer will see i guess could be sad for them... =/That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2019 edited

I was curious how small Cannondales’s smallest road bike is, and looks like the “44cm” of the new SuperSix has a 40cm seat tube, and a 51.2 top tube, which seems long as fuck, but they probably did it to cut down on the toeverlap without using smaller wheels. Idk why they don’t put 650s or whatever on there... I think Cervelo used to do that on their smallest sizes. But yeah, it’s like fixing one problem creates another, like your bike is over 10cm longer than it’s tall. I just remembered those small bike/big wheel dilemma pictures from a few years ago!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2019

Imagine them coming out with a top-end road bike in a 55cm that looks like that. I would pay so much money to see 5'10 roadies ride something with wheels proportional to that, that they can't stand over."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2019

TIH doctors/nurses that don't call when they say they will, leave you in limbo if you should start clearing the calendar for surgery or what

also, at my ladydoctor's, you see a nurse, but then there's a doctor that's in charge of you, so if you have a test done, the doctor sees the results and conveys the info to the nurse, who then passes it on to you, so if the doctor left notes that the nurse can't explain, there's this whole drawn out stupid waiting... the ultrasound tech 2 days ago was trying to tell me that the doctor who had read my last images had died unexpectedly and i didn't even recognize the name, as i'd never met him, so i had no idea what she was going on about...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2019

capitalist healthcare is so efficient you guys /s"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    to be fair I think a lot of this stuff is legal stuff not just bu$iness stuff but it is also regulatory capture

still sucks a lot as a patient :/DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2019

leaving on vacation tomorrow, yay, buuuut that dumb nurse was supposed to call me again this week and, nah, and i'm going out of the country, so i've got 10 days of aggravating mystery ahead. plus my boss is a doofus and wrote down the wrong days i need someone to feed the animals at work while i'm gone, so it's gonna be a real restful vacation just wondering the whole time if my workplace or body's gonna fall apart more horrendously.That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    ugh that sucks so hard when vacation is tainted like thatDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2019

guy i fired at the start of the month texted me (why am i even getting texts on airplane mode in italy ffs) to say 'blahblah he wants the transcribed versions of the complaints against him i promised when he was fired' (cuz he can't read the handwritten ones). the day he was fired i had typed 'em up and emailed them to the HR lady, who i emailed just now to tell that stewart was asking for them, so she...texted both of us and said sorry it was taking so long, i'd do it once i got back from vacation. i did that 4 weeks ago lady this is on you!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    yeeshDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2019

had a fun 30 minute period at work today where a guy brought in an old cannondale frame he sanded down badly and asked us to remove the headset cups, and when we told him the price he scoffed and said "for what?", so we recommended the local community shop where he could do it himself and he scoffed, sooo we offered to sell him the $35 tool and then he finally paid us to do it.

The MINUTE he left another guy walks in with a mostly stripped down frame and asks me to remove his cranks. It's pretty busy in the store and I assumed my coworkers got his info, so when I hand it back to him I ask if he's all paid up AND HE SCOFFS AND SAYS "for what?", then says "oh, let me go grab my wallet" and before I can say anything he grabs his shit and runs out of the store. We all recognized him and his bike though, lol dumbass"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2019

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2019

if you can't do it yourself, that's what you're paying for, dipshit

i had a new guy start weds. he quit thurs. cool.That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    SCOFFYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2019

my summer intern liked working for me =(That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    I feel like if someone quits that quickly, it was never going to work out and it's almost certainly not you.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2019

So many people that I contract out to put up posters have quit after a day or 2. This is even after I had them watch me do it for an hour, and told them that if it doesn’t look like something they want to do, please tell me now.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2019 edited

banana truffles:SCOFF

:'(Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2019

how embarrassing to still need to fill out your tax forms once you've already quit so you can get paid the 2 days you workedThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo