Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2020

my front derailleur stopped working yesterday, and i'm in nh without time to deal with it, so the last two days were hella mashing up hills to avoid shifting... going back to ohio tomorrow, and you 100% don't need the little ring where i live, so no rush to get to a shop i guessThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2020 edited

Sorry about the fd. Local legend Mark McCormack apparently went up the App Gap in the big ring, although I have no idea why he put himself through that.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/02fF4PxsBA2Pl8lXSNDSIgSCw

Sorry one of these days I’ll get my photobucket working again.
    daaang

but yeah, whyyyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2020

oof, a hydraulic brake on a fixed gear? I hope it's not sram or the dot fluid has to be bled every 6 months to keep it from dissolving all your seals."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    hahahahaha yeah i bought it from Dora when she moved away (sadface) It's a Shimano (deore). Pretty sure the brake has never had any maintenance since I got it. I am a bad person.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTime2 days ago

•  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime2 days ago

why....would it do that??That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    :-O

So the frame isn't all in the same plane? That's gotta put some weird stress on the head tube.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime1 day ago

THANKS I HATE IT"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime1 day ago

I'M SO ANGERY NOW"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Looks like the top tube is just welded through the down tube, it's like that trash-ass crackandfail I posted a while back

Side note: can we just go back to quill stems? I hate the trend of stupid angled top tubes so you don't end up with a ton of spaces to get your bars in the sky, you know the brand I'm thinking of"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime1 day ago edited

(what I mean is Salsa Fargos are the ugliest fucking bikes ever made, fight me)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t

When I was originally looking for a racing bike and checking out the major brands I remember thinking what’s up with this compact geometry on the Specialized Tarmac (or whatever)? One of the reasons I got a Cannondale was because they look normal. Someone told me that the slopped top tube means less material, which means less weight, but it doesn’t really matter when you need a huge seatpost.

How big is YOUR seatpost?
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Also, I guess just to be fair I do keep hearing people say that they tried a tried a Tarmac and loved it
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime1 day ago

TRIANGLES ARE THE STRONGEST SHAPE, IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSEThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime1 day ago

the bike industry loves gimmicks, how about those dropped chain stays?!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries