Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2020

my front derailleur stopped working yesterday, and i'm in nh without time to deal with it, so the last two days were hella mashing up hills to avoid shifting... going back to ohio tomorrow, and you 100% don't need the little ring where i live, so no rush to get to a shop i guessThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2020 edited

Sorry about the fd. Local legend Mark McCormack apparently went up the App Gap in the big ring, although I have no idea why he put himself through that.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/02fF4PxsBA2Pl8lXSNDSIgSCw

Sorry one of these days I’ll get my photobucket working again.
    daaang

but yeah, whyyyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2020

oof, a hydraulic brake on a fixed gear? I hope it's not sram or the dot fluid has to be bled every 6 months to keep it from dissolving all your seals."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    hahahahaha yeah i bought it from Dora when she moved away (sadface) It's a Shimano (deore). Pretty sure the brake has never had any maintenance since I got it. I am a bad person.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2020

why....would it do that??That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    :-O

So the frame isn't all in the same plane? That's gotta put some weird stress on the head tube.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

THANKS I HATE IT"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I'M SO ANGERY NOW"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Looks like the top tube is just welded through the down tube, it's like that trash-ass crackandfail I posted a while back

Side note: can we just go back to quill stems? I hate the trend of stupid angled top tubes so you don't end up with a ton of spaces to get your bars in the sky, you know the brand I'm thinking of"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2020 edited

(what I mean is Salsa Fargos are the ugliest fucking bikes ever made, fight me)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t

When I was originally looking for a racing bike and checking out the major brands I remember thinking what’s up with this compact geometry on the Specialized Tarmac (or whatever)? One of the reasons I got a Cannondale was because they look normal. Someone told me that the sloped top tube means less material, which means less weight, but it doesn’t really matter when you need a huge seatpost.

How big is YOUR seatpost?
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Also, I guess just to be fair I do keep hearing people say that they tried a tried a Tarmac and loved it
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2020

TRIANGLES ARE THE STRONGEST SHAPE, IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSEThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2020

the bike industry loves gimmicks, how about those dropped chain stays?!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nothing is lighter than a hole.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2020

It’s ironic that you pay more to get less
    BUT LESS IS MORE

ryan you sayin' you don't like showin' a lotta post?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2020

is it "more" though or is it a gimmick? IT'S PROBABLY A GIMMICK"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2020

I’m already tall, and set it up so I’m a little bit hyper extended, so I think I’ve got enough post going on.

It would be amazing if you pay less to get a lighter frame.
    But then what would the triathletes spend all their money on? Wait, wheels I guess.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Took what seemed like a reasonable risk and locked up at Assembly for a few hours last night, and came back to a few fewer parts. I had it Sheldon-locked, with a cable through the front wheel and saddle. They cut the cable and loosened the rear wheel trying to get the frame off. The wheels and frame seem fine but I lost my (pretty beat) cambium which is a bummer. Also my handlebars and stem, and the spacers...? And the topcap that matched the red chris king headset. Womp womp.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2020

fuckers =(That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    yeahhhhhh Should have not been lazy and gotten my real beater out of the basement. I'm bummed about the saddle but pretty happy they couldn't get the frame and rear wheel (+1 for the Sheldon lock). It's weird they didn't take my front wheel though since they cut the cable and obviously had a hex wrench.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2020 edited

Judging by how well they were prepared, you’re lucky they didn’t bring a headset cup remover and go to town on the Chris King. That’s a bummer, though, sorry! Did you see if there’s any security camera footage?

These are a little spendy, but could be worth it, especially if they’re going for your stem:
    https://www.peterwhitecycles.com/pitlock.php
    I honestly didn't bother. It was late, I'd had a few, I was just happy to have the frame and wheels.

Those are cool, thanks!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2020

pretty much right after i got to ohio (2 1/3 years ago) i found out about this place that, among other things, does classes in how to farm with draft horses. schedule things got in the way for a long time, but finally i was going to the one NEXT WEEK aaaaand, nah, ny just changed their covid restrictions, and the teacher was going to be coming from there but now can't. FUCK. i just want to hug a horse with feet bigger than a dinner plate! (and, i mean, we want to get draft horses at work eventually so do need to learn!)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    oh noooooo that sucks so bad :( Draft horses are amazing, it was hard to believe how big they are until the first time I ever stood next to one.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Someone stole one of my personal checks and used it to open a Planet Fitness membership in Denver. Closed my checking account immediately but the bank stressed that I need to contact planet fitness to cancel it or it could cause problems if they keep trying to draw from that account and they are a super pain in the ass to track down. That location's manager hasn't responded to my email and their corporate phone line is a useless computer loop that won't let you talk to anyone. I even FB messaged the company and they won't do anything. So uh, definitely avoid this scummy company if you're looking for a gym? Idk

Side note: should I be worried at all? How much damage can someone do with an account and routing number?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Wow someone is pretty desperate to get in shape. That’s super shitty, though. I think you’re probably fine as long as they don’t have any of your other personal info to continue pretending they’re you.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Nandy:Someone stole one of my personal checks and used it to open a Planet Fitness membership in Denver. Closed my checking account immediately but the bank stressed that I need to contact planet fitness to cancel it or it could cause problems if they keep trying to draw from that account and they are a super pain in the ass to track down. That location's manager hasn't responded to my email and their corporate phone line is a useless computer loop that won't let you talk to anyone. I even FB messaged the company and they won't do anything. So uh, definitely avoid this scummy company if you're looking for a gym? Idk

Side note: should I be worried at all? How much damage can someone do with an account and routing number?

Fitness chains have always been notorious for not being able to cancel the account except through going there in person. It's their means of keeping people enrolled.

You're unlikely to get a response, and you should rely on the bank to block the transaction from reoccurring. Outside of that, you're looking at getting a lawyer to write them a cease and desist letter.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTime3 days ago

ryan t:Wow someone is pretty desperate to get in shape. That’s super shitty, though. I think you’re probably fine as long as they don’t have any of your other personal info to continue pretending they’re you.

Lots of unhomed folks use Planet Fitness memberships as a cheap place for showering.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Sorry, that sucks. I do think you're fine since you closed the account instead of just stopping the check. And the bank has those numbers flagged now too.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    This is pretty minor but bleargh. Weds night I came back to work after kids bedtime to get samples ready for a big day yesterday, was here past midnight because I couldn't find some of the samples. Got far enough into the work yesterday morning that I couldn't stop when my boss said hey change of plans we're not doing that now- had to keep working for like 4 more hours to get them to a point I could freeze them for later, otherwise they'd just be lost.

Last night I was like whew I can go to bed a little early and catch up on some sleep! Fast forward to 4am - meow meow meow bump bump bump there's a cat trying to get in our bedroom...DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Can confirm, cats are fuckin idiots sometimes"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime2 days ago

they're SO CUTE when interacting with sheep, though! until one idiot sheep puts her shit-covered foot on your leg...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    haha, gross

not as gross as pig shit though ughDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime1 day ago

guess i'll find out next spring!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    haha fortunately i've never had to shovel it or anything but it smells so bad. chicken shit isn't great either, lotta chicken farms in central PA. cow shit barely registers.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D