Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

WOOOO!!

I am still riding my SWEET FIXIE even though it's cracked! WOOOO!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    i picked the wrong day to commute home through allston and roxbury areas with a frame and wheel on my back. i feel shitty for definately hitting at least 4 mirrors
    don'tYou're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    What the shit with this weather, I was just getting used to not needing a full change of clothes for work.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2016

The weather was surreal last night: it was generally chilly but I kept biking through pockets of heat/humidity that made no sense to the topography. It was like there were columns of tropical air all over, with normal New England fall weather in between. It was very very weird.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    PSA take tree-lined side streets as much as possible, it's lookin' beautiful with the roads lined with leaves.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    YASS BEAUTY WEATHERDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2016

So glad for dry roads this morningWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Is it just me or are Cambridge and (particularly) Somerville way worse at clearing bike lanes this year?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2017

I think they're worse at snow clearance in general.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Yeah, I thought Somerville did an admirable job two winters ago, and it's like last year just made them soft.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017

after two years of literally not plowing in WY, i can not even describe how excited i was the other day when the plows came down my shitty dirt road in nh
    Seriously? Just like, everyone plows their own? Or drives a monster truck?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017

mostly either trucks or constant crashing. you see A LOT of "thanks to the random guy who helped push my minivan out of the snow, didn't catch his name" posts all winter, and a bunch shouting at people for not slowing down, and obvs a bunch grumping about the lack of plowing as well
    as much as I love grumping, that's pretty crazyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2017

I've been helping out a couple hours at this place on a corner of a main st and residential (with a giant-ass park and ride lot right across the street no one uses) and it's been funny to hear customers whine about the parking on the nearby residential street not getting plowed quick enough. I even heard a "that's illegal [ the city not clearing out street parking on a side street]". At least space savers aren't a thing here?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries