Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Thanks, I'm aight. Will MS Paint soon.

What's great was that when I rode by that spot on my way to work this morning, the sidewalk had been totally ripped up and re-poured. TAKE THAT SUCKA CONCRETEDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2018

Broke my chain on the first official bike commute in my new house. No chain tool on my multi-tool (which was a gift). How useless!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    That's not very multi.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    sneaky humidity this morning, yuckDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2018

got a ride to our board meeting today, at which i did some serious convincing to get us a new $5k+ oven, and then had the most marvelously wonderful weather for 12 miles home. so nice!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    Almost wiped out yesterday riding over an asphalt patch that, as it turned out, had not fully set yet.

I did notice it was steaming a little in the rain, but not until it was too late to change course.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2018

I hate that feeling of riding over hot asphalt. Always think my tires are going to melt.

I got annoyed by an overly-helpful bike commuter on my ferry yesterday who wanted to tell me about a thin patch on my tire. Sir, I am aware of my tires, thank you.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    hahaha

Last night I was riding home from Assembly, and I was on East Broadway waiting to make a left onto McGrath, in the 2nd lane from the left which is turn or straight.

A woman pulled up next to me and said, "Hey. Hey! You should ride over on the right side so you don't get hit."

Me: "...I'm turning left."

Her: "Oh. Okay well I'm just trying to help blah blah blah."

I mean, she was nice and all but...yeah.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2018

I hate that shit.

"You shouldn't drive if you don't want to hit anyone, I'm just trying to help you out here""life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    lol yeah.

On my way home yesterday I got kinda run into the curb by someone pulling into a spot (no signal of course). I say kinda because I could have braked hard and avoided it but there was a curb cut and no pedestrians so I just went up on the sidewalk. THEN she sees me and it scares the shit out of her. She yelled out her window "I'm sorry!...but you're not supposed to be on the sidewalk."

Soooo that made me turn around and politely inform her exactly why I was on the sidewalk. She was super apologetic and "I'm a cyclist too" and all that. It actually may have been the nicest near-miss interaction I've ever had. But like, just use your goddamn blinker and I would have gone around the other side.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    A quick review of this thread drives home that I do not miss riding bikes in the city*.

*Much
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2018

I miss riding bikes in a real city, Buffalo sucks ass for riding in"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2018

Yo Cheez, where are you at these days?

I'm in a strange situation where roughly 1/3 of my commute is in real city and 2/3 is in basically a forest. Pretty weird and great.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    My commute is short (~2mi) but blows. Short stint on McGrath, to Medford St which is awful, then Medeiros to One Kendall. The only thing good about it (other than the shortness) is that during evening rush hour I can usually cross Cambridge Street (Medieros to Warren) without stopping which makes me feel like I can still pwn traffic on my sw33t f1xi3.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2018 edited

I'm in SE Vermont, Putney. It's a small town, but not so small that it doesn't have stores. We've got paved roads, but also many dirt roads. 1 bike shop. As of not that long ago 1 bike builder (Seneca). I see that guy riding sometimes, but I'm always in my car. Some day I'll say hello.

ETA: Ah, he's one of the formerly-with-IF people.
    Nice. We were just in Newfane the weekend before last. And my MIL lives in Woodstock.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2018 edited

surprisefries:My commute is short (~2mi) but blows. Short stint on McGrath, to Medford St which is awful, then Medeiros to One Kendall.
    dude, you're doing it wrong. try this wiggle. it's been great for me in the morning

https://goo.gl/maps/CHwgQyKapMmsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    My father's old girlfriend owned a place in South Woodstock, so I spent a lot of time there (in the late 80s and early 90s anyway).

We looked at this supercool but not that practical house right in the center of Newfane, with what was then a defunct B&B next door. We had the good sense to presume it wouldn't stay defunct that long. Would've been weddings central what with how scenic that village is.

We have a toiletpaper mill in the center of town.
    ^^That's essentially my short route when I run in. Avoiding McGrath is nice but Medford still suuucks in terms of road surface.

^Yeah it's super nice. We stayed in a cabin on a small farm. Coincidentally, Mrs. Fries (who grew up partly in VT) went to Heart's Bend camp for a couple summers.

Free TP?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D