Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2020 edited

Fuckedy fuck it’s going to be high 60s- low 70s this weekend, and I’m trying to ban myself from riding until Memorial Day weekend. That’s just an arbitrary date that I set, so who knows, but I might have had COVID-19. I’m thinking that because I was at my friend’s house on March 5, then had dinner with another friend on March 15, and down the road I found out that both of them think they had the virus. Meanwhile I started getting flu-like fatigue the week after that dinner, and since then most activity on the bike makes me feel like I got hit by a ton of bricks. I certainly hope I can get tested for antibodies at some point.
    ugh dude that sucks

Maybe you heard but all Somerville residents can get a free test- not the Ab one but for active infection.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2020

I haven't had to get bike muscles from pretty much nothing in a long time and wow were my thighs sore after riding like 9 miles to my studio and back the other day. It's gonna be rough getting back into things"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Yeah, i haven't ridden more than 2 miles at a time/4 miles in a day since the very beginning of the shutdown. Nine would mess me up too I bet.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2020

next time i move, remind me to check that the wind isn't QUITE so often in the 15-20mph range? sure 'blowing green' is better than wy was, but still. my commute's 5 1/4, and it's soooo much slower on the way backThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2020

had a dumbass brodude attack me out of nowhere on a lower allston side street, like revved and STEPPED on the gas right behind me to force me into the parked cars, then ran a red. It's gonna be a bloodbath when all these idiots are back out there after everyone forgot how to drive and are extra mad at life :/"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2020 edited

I had so many terrible interactions with brodudes in Allston. One slammed on his brakes when I gave him the double-finger after he cut me off and caused me to run into back end of his car. Another was playing a game of floor it / sudden brake behind me to force me out of his way when he accidentally ran over my back wheel. Road-rager shitbags.

EDIT: The first guy had the nerve to try and make me pay for the taillight my knee had broken. I never returned his calls. The second guy was immediately sorry and walked with me over to the bike shop and paid for a new wheel on the spot.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    yeeesh. glad you're ok.

It still surprises me how consistently better people are (in my experience) North of the river. Far from where we need to be, but like...nowhere near the shit I hear and see on the Boston side.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

plz stay alive everyone <3That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

These all happened ages ago. Before I met anyone here or before there even was a here. Did we ever have an "epic accidents / crash reel" thread? Because I could throw down in that category. I was a pretty aggressive (ie: stupid) rider and it got me into trouble on too many occasions to count.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2020

there's the ms paint thread...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t

The few times I’ve verbally let a driver have it I felt pretty bad about it later, even when it was totally not my fault.

Slightly off topic but once I ran into a friend’s rear wheel on a group ride, and his rear cassette chewed up my front spokes (somehow I’m still using that wheel). I think it was just bad timing, like he stopped pretty quickly when I happened to be looking down, but now I have a legit excuse in the future if some roadie gets on my case about not riding in a perfectly straight line.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I'm gonna have to bring back the Buffalo Safety Phone, people are being so unpredictably stupid and shitty. Today I had to use Arsenal st for like 1/8th of a block and some asshole sped up on me while a semi blocked us both in and called me a "skank""life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

TBH, I do not miss Boston drivers in the least. Even if there's an occasional shooting or armed robbery/manhunt in my neighborhood.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    good lord! :(

but for epic crashes...

a_lion:there's the ms paint thread...

DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Yesterday was dramatic, it's true.

Je ne ms paint pa.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    BOOMDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

View post on imgur.com

I give up on image hosting, but I felt inspired by the classic ms paint"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2020

dramatic indeed!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo

full-on embedding code never works for me here, i just use a basic img tagDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D