Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2007

ridin' was great this mornin'! warm (for december) and the snow and ice and shit is mostly gone. rain has washed away most of the salt and shit too. perfect. not much traffic either from somerville to newton.

i like ridin' bikes.
    yeah, december hasn't been all that bad..<> i wish that i could've gone riding today. the temperature was great... oh well...hopefully it won't be crappy out on tuesday..
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2008

warm this morning. i overdressed. tomorrow's gonna be different though. 11-17 degrees for a high. but sunny! my feet are gonna be cold. good times!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorgc

it dropped 15+ deg from 9am to 6pm. the wind blows cold off the water in southie. i like it.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah. that was lame. rode home at six in a dress/stockings. eep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008

ratattack:yeah. that was lame. rode home at six in a dress/stockings. eep.

pics?

; )
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

oh hey! last time i checked this wasn't bike forums. if you want to be a jackass and demean girls on bikes, go there and do it.
    Wow so much love on this site. It was freaking cold this morning no wait it is still freaking cold. I need to gets me some electric socks.-LD
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Thank god! I was afraid lauren was going to let a sexist comment pass by undenounced.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

a/s/l?what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

ratattack:oh hey! last time i checked this wasn't bike forums. if you want to be a jackass and demean girls on bikes, go there and do it.

i winked. it was a joke. i'm sorry. far from "demean"--i love girls on bikes. really.
    felixnine:

a/s/l?

hey asshat...

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

It's also cold here. I'm riding 8ish miles later and not looking forward to it :-(dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

Aaron Gigantic:
    felixnine:

a/s/l?

hey asshat...

uh, what is that?
    a dead horse.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

backlash in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . .
    gregtheripper:backlash in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . .

Lauren thought it was funny...Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i don't get it. . .
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

Aaron Gigantic:
    gregtheripper:backlash in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . .

Lauren thought it was funny...

nice.
    That horse leaves a bad taste in my mouth.-LD
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

SworksLangster:That horse leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

you should stop eating your glue.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    yeah it all started in grade school with elmers and now I have a serious problem wtih crazy glue. Is it still 8 freaking dgrees out there?-LD
    Epic rain today. Multiple places riding from JP to Beacon Hill where the water was up to my bottom bracket for a few meters. This may be the first time that I've done my entire commute and not seen at least one other cyclist - ghostly out there. Anybody else working with a sodden a** and frozen feet right now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2008

Nope, I made it halfway without rain pants and gave up. turned around, went home. Today was clearly not in the cards.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i too was a kitten. and i am, quite frankly, ashamed. and should be.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

tested out the new rain gear today, shell + pants. i looked like a total asshole, but it worked. i rocked plastic bags inside my shoes, but somehow only the front of my socks got wet.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    I rode in. wool shants were working fine until my lower leg got soaked in a giant puddle - then it started to suck. now I gotta go wander my building to find newspaper to put in my shoes. I've been meaning to email HR about seeing if theres a dryer I can get access to, maybe today is the day.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

plastic bags aren't fully waterproof, but are good stop-gap solutions for dry feet.dongpincher 1000
    Race blades worked wonders for me, though I rode after the monsoon. Still, I was riding at speed, and my ass never got wet. Outfit was light shorts over tights, and my Raceface water-resistant hoodie.Word nerd
    I have a rear fender, but can't have a front fender due to toe overlap on the Fuji. Hopefully the new frame thats sitting in my bedroom will remedy that problem and I'll be back to full fenders front and rear.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Rob Gigantic:Race blades worked wonders for me, though I rode after the monsoon.

My front and rear full fenders were futile against the sheets of rain coming from the sky.

I still have never missed a day of riding in, but it comes back to there just being no favorable alternative. I wasn't all excited to ride in the rain today, but T or driving take so much more time and $, plus I would hate having to get on a train at the end of the day when it is nicer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

endurancenirvana:Epic rain today. Multiple places riding from JP to Beacon Hill where the water was up to my bottom bracket for a few meters. This may be the first time that I've done my entire commute and not seen at least one other cyclist - ghostly out there. Anybody else working with a sodden a** and frozen feet right now?

Rain paints and a spare pair of socks at the office are the ticket. Perfect comfort.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    Today makes me miss those long, dark and wet winters of the Pacific Northwest. I like the rain.[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

i'd like to say i rode in today, but i have nowhere to ride to... hah.

i did do a night MTB ride in the fells wednesday night, though! such a fun time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

gregtheripper:i'd like to say i rode in today, but i have nowhere to ride to... hah.

i did do a night MTB ride in the fells wednesday night, though! such a fun time.

dude. don't get busted. i think yer not sposed to this time o' year. jus' sayin'. . .
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

brunop:
    gregtheripper:i'd like to say i rode in today, but i have nowhere to ride to... hah.

dude. don't get busted. i think yer not sposed to this time o' year. jus' sayin'. . .

yeah, we know it's closed, but we poach hiking trails in there all the time anyways, so it's almost never legit. not to mention night rides, which are usually never allowed. most people i know ride there year-round. as long as you don't park right at the trailhead it's pretty hard for anyone to do anything. i've seen a ranger in there on an ATV maybe once.
    gregtheripper:. . .i did do a night MTB ride in the fells wednesday night, though! such a fun time.

Why wasn't I invited!?! (With a loaner lite naturally.)
    -bot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

haha, it was a bit spur of the moment after day 3 of spending 5 hours lifting garbage out of the bike shop catacombs...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008

beautiful ride to work this mornin'. ya'll see that sunrise? had to fix a flat first though, so that was a bummer. but the ride was great! go me.
    My windows face west, so I always catch the sunset, but not the sunrise.

Yest. sunset was also really nice.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008

how come there's so much fuckin' salt or whatever on the roads this morning. it sounded like rice crispies ridin' with all the poppin'. WTF? it ain't snowin'.
    ^ugg... I hope it's not like that on my ride to school/work :-\clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I was wishing for more salt on my ride home last night. The streets in Southie looked bejeweled with ice around 11:30. Dazzlingly slick.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

Rob Gigantic:I was wishing for more salt on my ride home last night. The streets in Southie looked bejeweled with ice around 11:30. Dazzlingly slick.

Strangely enough, when i left work, around 9, it felt really warm outside. I was riding along, enjoying the balmy temperatures, and was totally unprepared for the sheets of ice.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Yeah, I was definitely sliding around more than comfortable yesterday.dongpincher 1000
    I got out of work around 11 and noticed the glistening, but didn't have any sliding. I was nervous on the couple spots where I cross T tracks, but once again no problems.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    aaron is my knight in shining armor...
    there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    • CommentAuthorbluedog

DannyRocks:Yeah, I was definitely sliding around more than comfortable yesterday.

when I left school/work last night I promptly slid through a stop light on huntington onto mass ave. Then as I was pulling up to my house I almost wiped. I wish there'd been some salt.that's when I reach for my revovler...
    I've been down too long in the midnight seaPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    oh dont you know what i mean...there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby