Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Rode to Harvard Sq to do reading for my class @ Harvard and then goto class. Beautiful weather. Little windy. Traffic was good, as were the roads, save for by the Harvard fields. F'n potholes there are DANGEROUS. Gonna call later today and complain about them. By far the worst road in Boston I have ridden on.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008

Yeah all that snow/rain/freezing temperatures has made a ton of new potholes, its gross.Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    The roads are getting bad again this weather blows. I had to ride home last night in the slick shitty ice and crap and now it is hella cold.
    -LD-LD
    the mass ave. bridge is like a goddamned beach. it's ridiculous. other than that, it was a pretty nice ride.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    I didn't run into too much salt on my way to and from school. The puddle outside my apt also dried up, which is nice. Le sigh about the cold though.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008

Soft T-Rex:Yeah all that snow/rain/freezing temperatures has made a ton of new potholes, its gross.

i really never noticed how one shitty week could do that until now. guys at the dpw must be pissed.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008

I'd have to say their doing a decent job though, noticed a number of them that have been filled in, primarily the giant death traps.Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008

i fuckin' blew out my rear tyre yesterday on walnut street in newton highlands. i couldn't avoid a big pothole cuz i was hemmed in by cars and i was goin' pretty fast. i attempted to hop it but only my front tyre made it and WHAM. even made my speedometer fall off and must've made my blinky on my li'l saddlbag flap up and hit my saddle and shatter. whatevs. . .
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Damn, harsh.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^cheap alex rims held up though. i was sure i'd fucked up the rim, but slapped a new tube in and good to go. +1 for cheap alex rims!
    ^+1 on that! I should've killed mine like nine times by now, but they keep rolling true.

Hand-built + 36H > expensive rims.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    Was riding to class this AM and had some girl in a white jeep liberty cut me off to go into that parking lot after the BU bridge. I managed to skid/turn/whomp the side of her car, and am totally ok (bike is fine, I'm fine). Got really pissed as she had passed me to get to the entrance of the lot, and so had to have seen me. While yelling at her she apologized and asked if I was ok, and began to cry. Felt pretty bad about making her cry and being such a jerk, but honestly, she saw me and turned anyways.

Otherwise it's been nice today.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008

Sheeeit, it's cold out today!dongpincher 1000
    Yeah, it's cold out. But not too much wind, which kept things slightly better.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

Quite cold this morning. Temperatures look good for this weekend and next week though.Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

its warmed up considerably i think its about 23 but its not that badEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    This AM was mighty chilly. Much better this afternoon. 2 pairs of socks ftw.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008

i thought it was sposed to rain. no rain this mornin'.
    It rained in NYC last night that is for dam sure I hate being away from home and wet. Shoes are almost dry now I can go get them wet again. I actually had to take my seat off the bike to dry that too dam I hate rain.-LD
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008 edited

i dig rain now that i put on FULL fenders:
    new sks fenders
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^^whoa! i spoke too soon! i'm gonna be one wet mofo ridin' home this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahwahwah!!!!!

good times!!!!!!! least it ain't too cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

Even with full fenders, i got really soaked going home from work last night after midnight, and then again as i headed back in this morning. My shoes, socks, gloves are all sitting on the heater vents right now filling the room with the aroma of eau de champignon.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    howl:My shoes, socks, gloves are all sitting on the heater vents right now filling the room with the aroma of eau de champignon.

+1. I know that feeling man.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

full fenders made my ass the only dry part of my body today
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

yeah, i think i need to get rain-proof biking chaps...the front of my legs are the only part that gets that wet with the fenders.boooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008

whoa! titties this mornin'! perfect. rain washed all the crap off the roads!!! good times!!!!
    I'm sick as fuck and missed a bunch of lights today. Waah. At least it was warmer than yesterday.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    Beautiful day to ride. Had a good commute in, very little crap in the road, and it appears that schools other than BU also have their spring break this week. So few cars on Comm Ave.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i just rode to "the bank." that's what i say when i wanna go joyridin' whilst at work. they think i'm doin' official bidness. hardeeharhar!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! i jus' got back from "the bank" again. quick li'l rides! i'm gonna sneak my ass out early today bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
    yeah whatever i just wanna go to bed.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008 edited

wet snowy. not bad. fenders key.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008

dudes! yesterday ridin' home i had a tailwind like a mofo goin' down beacn street towards town through brooline. i was fuckin' haulin' effortless ass! good times!!!! happy everything to everybody!!! maybe i'll get one today as it was purty windy goin' out.

oh yeah, i saw two female turkeys crossin' beacon yesterday too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

beacon heading east is a good ride when you hit the lights. It's a bitch coming back though.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^ yeah, the pavement is now the jam.
    Yeah the pavement is great it just sucks that they are now feeling the need to dig it up and do shit and then putting shitty patch jobs down. I took over a year for them to get it all ground down replace all the curbs and everything and repave it in random sections. I figured they would fix all the stuff under the road then. Well this is Boston afterall what can we really expect road work takes forever here and they are allways going back because they messed it up the first time.-LD
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008

dudes i was sailin' yesterday. freakin' flyin'. less wind today. very nice ridin'!! happy everything to everybody!!!

love,
    brunop
    ^yesterday I about got blown over on comm ave. I ended up just taking the right lane since the wind kept knocking me around. Cars were pretty nice about it since it was obvious that the wind was being a pain in the ass. Stupid bag being full as crap and acting like a sail/parachute. Glad to hear there is less wind today.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

yesterday was not good to me. the wind was always in my face.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

I need to fix my fucking buckle on my bag, every time the wind's really strong behind me it likes to rip the flap updongpincher 1000
    ^^^ i too almost got blown over on Main st in Cambridge and by the time I got to charlie's I looked seriously stoned with my blood-shot eyes.With relish!
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I too had to change lanes yesterday near the common when a huge burst came and in essence picked me up and moved me (it was move or be blown over). Crazy ass wind tunnel tremont.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

^^ i hate when that happens or when its so cold you start to tear upEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

c'mon dudes! sac up! wind is fun!! ridin's ALWAYS better'n da t or a car!!!!

happy everything to everybody!!

love,
    brunop!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Dude's right!
    Today was awesome.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008

wet. fenders rock though. dirt water stays off. the sky water is clean. bring dry socks. happy everything to everybody!!!!
    love, brunop!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i second the wet. and the fenders rocking.

starting the day off with drenched pants & a 45 minute train ride to thoroughly freeze is not so fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

i tried out my sealskinz for the first time today.

FOR
    THE
    WIN

/cheerwhat does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    ^I'm gonna buy some and fenders. After today I'm sick of of getting totally soaked. Where do you recommend getting sealskinz from?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Rain pants got soaked and velcro stopped working. Was fine coming home though.

I need some sealskins. Plastic bag socks != workdongpincher 1000