Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

^I just used my wool socks and my feet were fine today. Little damp.

My pants from about thigh down were Soaked though.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008

i have been wearing shorts for the past few days. my legs stay moderately dry with the help of FULL FUCKING FENDERS! seriously dudes, they work, and you won't have to worry about anything but your toesies.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

eric, i got my sealskinz at hilton's. pete's right, i also rock full fenders and generally don't wear my rain gear unless it's really coming down.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    • CommentAuthorgone

Who was talking about the roads getting torn up from all the Seasonal Weather?

It's getting pretty Real out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008

nice this mornin'. looks like it's gonna be great ridin' the next few days as well! happy everything to everybody!!

love, brunop
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008 edited

Happy Mondays to everyone!dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008

I saw a bunch of guys dropping cold patch on the HUGE FUCKING POT HOLE TRENCHES out on Tremont in front of the common today, will ride home past it on the way back to let you know how good a job they did.

Those things almost swallowed me on more than one occasion.this wont hurt a bit...
    When I was almost home on glenville, there were some girls playing stick ball in the street. I said "heads up" as I didn't want them to walk into me. The batter put her hand out and there was a glorious kung-fu action high five. Cheering commenced and I rode home in victory.

That said, BEAUTIFUL day today. Tomorrow is supposed to be even better I hear.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ^Man, you're making me nostalgic for my old apt on Greylock.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    estratton:When I was almost home on glenville, there were some girls playing stick ball in the street. I said "heads up" as I didn't want them to walk into me. The batter put her hand out and there was a glorious kung-fu action high five. Cheering commenced and I rode home in victory.

that is a beautiful story.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Anyone else have a nice ride story from today?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    who's excited to ride tomorrow? i guess it's today if you want to get technical.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^ I am. I got my back wheel all fixed up today so I will be riding to school tomorrow morning...and then leaving earlyThis is Television; Late Night Television; Scripted with Percision; a Corner Store Pulp Fiction
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008

great ridin' the past few days, this mornin', and for days to come! happy everything to everybody!!!!!!
    love, brunop!
    brunop:happy everything to everybody!!!!!!

i always enjoy reading that.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty

to add to it, 61 today is the high according to the weather channel!
    Short sleeves!bake em' away, toys
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

SammyKnuckles:^ I am. I got my back wheel all fixed up today so I will be riding to school tomorrow morning...and then leaving early

Hell yeah. I threw some bike shorts & a jersey into my bag this morning, planning to play hooky from work & go for a ride.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i just rode out for an early lunch from work. yall go out NOW. i'm tellin' ya!!! it's tiities out there. absolute titties!!!!!

happy everything, etc.!!!!!!!!
    I usually catch a ride out to the office in West Newton where I've been working a few days a week. Today we rode for the first time and it was AWESOME.

Even Western Ave was relatively pain-free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

estratton:When I was almost home on glenville, there were some girls playing stick ball in the street. I said "heads up" as I didn't want them to walk into me. The batter put her hand out and there was a glorious kung-fu action high five. Cheering commenced and I rode home in victory.

That said, BEAUTIFUL day today. Tomorrow is supposed to be even better I hear.

This is the best story ever.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

this glenville, it sounds like the Magic Kingdom. you should sit at the street ends and charge people entrance fees.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

also, i'd like to point out that brunop went from the resident forum "make everybody uneasy" guy to the happiest dude this side of the Mississippi, and he's spreading his cheer for the good of all. i don't know what those pre-teen Thai hookers gave you, dude, but it's working.

three cheers for brunop!~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    I've had great luck with soliciting high-5's from random people lately - spring is in the air!Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008 edited

mur:also, i'd like to point out that brunop went from the resident forum "make everybody uneasy" guy to the happiest dude this side of the Mississippi, and he's spreading his cheer for the good of all. i don't know what those pre-teen Thai hookers gave you, dude, but it's working.

three cheers for brunop!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

nah dude, i suffer from SAD and now that it's sunny later i get all fuzzy n' shit. come winter, i'll make yall "uneasy" again, doncha worry.

but today? sheeeeit!!! it's hella beautiful. i'm gonna run a lot o' "errands" from work today. make myself totally "useful".

hahahahahahaha!!!!!

happy everything etc!!!!!!!

edit--the hookers were over 18 (i think). ha!
    $&%#!

Just looked at my bike and it looks like I lost a chainring bolt. Otherwise all is well. Gonna have to gank a bolt from one of the cranksets in my apt.

Beautiful and comfortable ride from allston to sth. Shorts, t-shirt, and a grin from ear to ear.

Hello spring. I missed you.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    what the fuck is with the whole 43 degrees in the morning, then SURPRISE ITS FUCKIN AWESOME OUT.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    in the vein of eric's story:

i was riding back from my friend's house a little while, going across the longfellow bridge. before i left, i wasn't feeling up for riding, as i was a little tired and full from pancakes and latkes. a little over halfway over the bridge, i hear a horn and look to my left. i was just about even with the t, and the guy up front gave me a wave before disappearing underground. it was awesome.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    conor:in the vein of eric's story:

i was riding back from my friend's house a little while, going across the longfellow bridge. before i left, i wasn't feeling up for riding, as i was a little tired and full from pancakes and latkes. a little over halfway over the bridge, i hear a horn and look to my left. i was just about even with the t, and the guy up front gave me a wave before disappearing underground. it was awesome.

Whenever the T honks at me, I'm just in the way. That's awesome though. Cool T driver.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008

i was riding up kneeland a couple days ago, getting a little influenced by what a clusterfuck that usually is, when through the back window of a schoolbus in front of me i see this little kid smiling and waving frantically. made my day.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    today is gorgeous out. i got a quick ride in before school, went down to castle island. as i was riding through downtown crossing on my way to school, dudes were handing out free coffee coupons for starbucks. they gave me a handful as i rode by. sweet!

happy everything to everyone!

edit: shit! class is at one and not noon! i'm goin' outside!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008

^ IF you try to redeem them at my job I will scald you with some kind of scalding hot liquid.
    That goes to everyone!dongpincher 1000
    i don't even drink coffee! and now i also work at starbucks, so if i drank coffee, i could get it whenever i wanted.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^Damn, which Starbucks do you all work for? I want free coffee.Word nerd
    BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL Day outside. Rode to shaws to get passover provisions, then rode to Harvard Sq, got some boloco for lunch, had a smoothie and rode over to HDS. Hung out in the courtyard there eating my burrito and feeding scraps of the tortilla to a little bird friend. I hope everyone has called in sick, or found as many possible excuses (uh, i think i left the iron on.... yeah...) to get out in the weather.

*I also got some of those starbucks things by the BPL monday and STH yesterday. The new blend is ok, but I'm still no bucks fan.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008 edited

Rob Gigantic:^Damn, which Starbucks do you all work for? I want free coffee.

Don't even think about coming to mine, pain and urine are all that await you.
    [Edited for "discretion"]dongpincher 1000
    hey, i'm there through may! and let's keep this hush hush--this is a public forum.

and i work in the financial district.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008

all i can say about this mornin' is happy everything to everybody all day!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlingyyy

It's so nice outside, I want to go on a picnic!
    i am going to use the above comment to transition into a brief off-topic:

nutella is delicious. has anyone made their own (vegan) nutella? if so, post in recipe thread.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlingyyy

Nutella is delicious!

A Google search provided this.
    i saw that! i was wondering if anyone here had any experience with homemade vegan nutella. if not, i will probably make some and report back.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Beautiful out today. Shorts and long sleeves kinda day imho. MIT Flea was good, hope others went and enjoyed it.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNo. 11
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008

I'm a big fan of that sale, though I wish I knew how to use more of the stuff there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008

the weather will be perfect from here on out.

happy everything to everybody!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008

happy everything to everybody.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008

For real, happy everybody to everything.dongpincher 1000
    hut you all.HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008

this weather is like boulder. hella sunshine and no humidity (though i kinda dig humidity too). no mountains, but it's purty fuckin' nice. and they swept the streets!!!!! man o man am i gonna ride today after work (and during)!!!!!!

happy everything to everybody!!!!!!!!

love, brunop!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008

i was way too excited about the street sweepers being out yesterdayHey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    They did not sweep the streets in Southie. My eyes still feel gravelly from all the wind and blowing debris. Still, the perfect temperature.Word nerd