Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Boredom:^ that's odd i figured you were riding today because i didn't see the bike once on my daily 6-10 times up and down pleasant.

actually, i don't usually keep it outside. it's almost always in the house so people don't fuck with it. not that it's anything special--i'm just broke. if you see it outside, it usually means that i'm headed back out riding soon and don't want to drag it up the stairs, and immediately back down. what do you ride? (i don't feel like lookin' for the answer.)You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorCole
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008

^ an absolute beater, love it.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008 edited

i'm the douche on the black conversion w/drops who rides the wrong way down the length of pleasant at least once a day
    big blue baileys, baseball capgone
    • CommentAuthorCole
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008

^ you lock your bike in the whole food garage?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008

killer this morning! with all the great weather this past month i have over a thousand miles for may. which is a lot for me. lots o' extra ridin' and road whip trips.
    Winter's last gasp! Windy as hell and chilly compared to yesterday and the day before.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    Wonderful day out. Shorts and T shirt here. Was a little chilly, but I was warm moving.

Ride people ;-)

Oh, and Brunop, you forgot "Happy eveything to eveybody"clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008

whoa! da weather jus' keeps gettin' better'n & better!! took a long way to work this mornin' ('bout 15 miles) & i'm gonna cut outta work as early as possible & do as many "errands" as possible til then & then do some fuckin' ridin' bitches!!!

happy everything to everybody fo' sho'!!!!
    Stellar ride this morning. Strangely, drivers behaved themselves this morning on Riverway and longwood. Think I'll a long lunch and cruise around central square today, maybe eat lunch in the park.
    Had a short rider earlier, but stuck at home some waiting for UPS and such. Must say I wish it were like this every day. So nice.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

Been doubling my normal ride this week and last just for the fun of it! Hurray sun!this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorCole

yeah great ride today, wish i could shut the wind off near the ocean though :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2008

i'm at work. i may fake sick later and leave. it is very nice out. i took the long way to work.

HETE!!!!!!!!!!
    I was going ride over central square and have a sit down lunch, but I didn't bring my lock today. It's a nice day, maybe i'll do the falafel truck lunch today, then come back to work and "not feel well" ;) from my lunch so I can leave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008

i'm wet. not bitchin'-- jus' sayin'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfluff

today was awesome. zero hybrids in my way
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

purty much quit rainin' so i'm fixin' to head on outta here and back to my beloved somerville and pick up some wine, beer and bread and spaghetti and broccoli for supper tonight. aiight?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008

whoa!!!! whatta mornin' ride to work. the only thing that sucks is that i'm now at work, but i'm gonna sneak my scrawny ass outta here A fuckin' SAP and do some ridin' this afternoon fo' sho'!!!!!!!!!!!

happy everything to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it's TOO FUCKIN HOT.

Someone turn down the thermostat.

Well, today wasn't too bad. But seriously yesterday was too much.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

The air is like blanketsThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^ and ^^grow a pair.
    Tis hot out, but can't do squat about it. Still better off biking around than in a car/bus/train. Just load the camelbak with ice and h2o.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

sweat the heat outThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i like you dudes, but yer a buncha pussies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008

i dare ya to find anything bad about today. fuckin' beautiful out!!!!

happy everything to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

brunop:i like you dudes, but yer a buncha pussies.

+1.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

DannyRocksface:

+1.

++1

i commute 40 miles a day and have been swimming after. it's been great!
    brunop:i dare ya to find anything bad about today. fuckin' beautiful out!!!!

happy everything to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still looking for employment? How's that count? On the bright side it means more time to ride my bike.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

this must be our base of operations, then:
    ~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    Mur, how many times have I told you to refrain from posting photos of my apartment on the internet?Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008 edited

that's your apartment, Rob? hm, i must've gotten confused, i've always though this was your place:
    ~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    That's my old apartment. It's easy to get them confused.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008

perfect. i was a two-wheeled god this mornin' if i do say so myself! no wind, cool. shit, i may just have to get "sick". fact is, i'm feelin' a li'l queasy.

hardeeharharhar!!!!!!!!!

happy everything to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008 edited

so yo bus dis--i drove my car today since i'm takin' off after work and headin' to the whites for the mt washington road race tomorrow (my boy matty's runnin' it). hahahahahahaaaaaa!!! ya know what? my car is like a 2005 civic with not many miles on it and it's been so long since i drove it that i had to jumpstart the fucker. and i'm so unused to drivin now that i found myself creepin' through a red light like i was on my whip. hahahahahaaaa!!! fuck, i gotta pay attention. and what is more is that my driver's licence expired in october!!!! hardeeharhar!!! at least my bud johnny b can drive to new hampshire today.

happy everything to everybody everywhere!!!!!!!!!
    i found myself wanting to split lanes, driving down 95 and 93.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008

^^ that's awesome. i drove us home from toronto last weekend and it took me a while to remember how to drive a car, especially a manual with a clutch i'm not used to. driving is unbelievably stressful to me now.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    • CommentAuthorCole
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008

riding as a passenger in a car is scary as shit for me now, driving is not as bad but i still don't like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008

beautiful today!!!! yall betta know dat!

happy everything to everybody everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got caught in that wicked thunder storm yesterday coming home from work, shit was crazy. Anyone else ride through it? I saw two other guys (different times) riding down comm ave.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

yeah, shit was crazy. i left downtown around 530 just as it started pouring. everyone was huddled by the exit looking at me like i was nuts as i was leaving in full rain gear. the part that worries me the most about heavy rain which floods the roads is that i can't see potholes. i know i'm going to take a digger from this one day. of course, that didn't stop me from riding like an idiot through all the puddles i saw.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^ i rode through it to needham for a barbecue. fenders. beer. no problem.
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

i got right-turned by someone parking on dedham st today. we were pretty much even on a tiny st, and she decided to pull over. i hate getting my hand all cut up.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    I took the train home because I was on my Look.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    Oh man the thunderstorm yesterday was awesome. Didn't have rain gear though, but it's only a mile and a half from Brigham and Women's home ('round Coolidge Corner).

I can't bring myself to ride my new baby in bad weather, so i was on my mtb with disc brakes that went SQUEEEAAAAALLL all the way home.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^, and ^^, bikes are meant to be ridden. if you care about it, clean it afterwords. my serotta was treated as though it were my beater.
    ^wasn't that the bike that was stolen?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^ouch, man. he's right, bikes are meant to be ridden. it being stolen is not the point, he rode that bike hard and he took care of it well.
    ^was just trying to verify that it was indeed the same bike. I do agree however, bikes should be ridden.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    pete! gigantic:^, and ^^, bikes are meant to be ridden. if you care about it, clean it afterwords. my serotta was treated as though it were my beater.

That's nice for you, and gets you all the hardcore internet points I'm sure, but I'd rather not ride a 3000+ dollar piece of equipment in extreme inclimate weather, or have it chipped to all fuck and back because I want to be some bad ass by locking it to every parking meter when I have to make deliveries or pick up stuff and be like "YEAH MAN, HARD XXX CORE". There's a difference between riding and actually respecting your equipment.

That's why I have my Van Dessel if I want something to abuse, fling off curbs, etc.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008

whoa nelly! i couldn't be wetter! one of the biggest, most intense thunderstorms i've ever seen. much less ridden in. whoa.