Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Update: this thing rules. Motorcycles are just as fun as bikes and garner looks from different kinds of people than bikes do.

Flooded my engine this morning tho trying to ride it to work. LOL! Fuckin A.

Also, tried to visit Sedition last night at CC but he wasn't there. BOO! someone smoking outside gave a very audible "Mmmhmmm..." when I pulled up and there was no one else around and he wasn't talking on the phone....Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2014

LAST DAY AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

three weeks off before the new job. SO GOOD!
    • CommentAuthorMJ

TIL: Had a phone interview with the head coach at University of Chicago; always hard to talk to people who really don't understand the sport you're working in even though they've worked alongside it forever.

But it seems promising at least. University of Texas Austin might be next in line.
    I just got an great job offer. I don't wanna go into details until I negotiate/accept it but I'm excited.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

TIL: my boss didnt show up to work till the last 30 mins of the day.
    tells me he sold another set of plans to a client in concord. too bad the building seasons ending :(
    TIL: I left work late last night. Like after 3am. Before I left I glanced at the Boston Bike Party version of Tag ‘n’ Brag on my phone. I noticed the current tag was close to my house. I haven’t been too active in that version of the game. Mostly just making a few dramatic tags to show them alternate “takes” on how the game can be played. They are pretty “vanilla” with it. The last one I did there was a reshoot of the roof-top billboard in Central Sq.

So, I decided, “What the hell, it’s time for another dramatic tag.” How best to do that? Replicate Craig’s infamous Harvard tag. Going home, and to the Stadium, I take left onto Western Ave. off Mass Ave. As I approach that all-most U-Turn back onto North Harvard in Lower Allston, I see three people walking on North Harvard, heading toward Harvard Sq. They are clearly all looking at me, and looking at me for a much longer time than what would just be casual curiosity. This makes me a little cautious. 3:20am. No one else around. 3 dudes CLEARLY staring at me. My street senses go up. I make sure to take a very wide turn around them, when looping back on to North Harvard, too keep a good distance between us, just in case they are looking for trouble. As I pass them I hear someone start yelling my name. The voice is familiar for some reason. I look back, and recognize the beard: IT’S FUCKIN’ TED BERG. My jaw is on the floor, and I think I may have wet myself a little bit.

…and I’ll save the rest of the story for a 40 Rack, BFIXEDBFAST, or Weekday Rager...It gets even better, including what happened when making the Harvard tag.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014

I just got a call from an area fire department to set up an interview that will be in two weeks. It is for one spot and I might not get it, but I am still stoked.
    AWESOME!!!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Someone on the Boston Bike Party version of Tag n Brag did a tag with this. Amazing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Yesterday I love that my insistence on keeping a map book in the car paid off when I was trying to find a street in Medford and my phone was shitting the bed.

eta: And when my phone finally did work, the street was slightly mislabled on Google maps. But it was right in the book.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    so my cat Sharky has been wandering around the house yowling at night a lot lately and its been waking me up which sucks. She does it a lot when I watch TV; she'll pick up a toy and yowl a bunch. I looked it up and its a thing cats do as a way to say "look at this thing i have/did." I woke up this morning and all her toys were neatly piled at the edge of my bed and she was fast asleep next to them. Fuck off cat, stop being so damn cute and annoying at the same time.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    killersim:so my cat Sharky has been wandering around the house yowling at night a lot lately and its been waking me up which sucks. She does it a lot when I watch TV; she'll pick up a toy and yowl a bunch. I looked it up and its a thing cats do as a way to say "look at this thing i have/did." I woke up this morning and all her toys were neatly piled at the edge of my bed and she was fast asleep next to them. Fuck off cat, stop being so damn cute and annoying at the same time.

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I'm going to start going around saying "Look at this thing I have did" because that's how I read that the first five times.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2014

^+1We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Tonight at work a drag queen/nun from the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence painted a pentagram on my forehead with nail polish for the purpose of officially "demonizing" me (cross that one off the bucket list). After awhile the fumes from the nail polish were making me kind of woozy (but not in that cool glue-huffing kind of way). I tired to wash it off in the bathroom with cheap bar vodka, but that didn't work. I went into the utility closet and found a "Ace Jumbo Sanding Sponge," which I use to sand the nail polish off my forehead, which is now starting to scab up a bit. Anyway, my resume now reads: skateboarder, lawyer, demon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    you should have just taken a hot shower
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2014

too soonWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2014

TIL: concrete

concrete-pouring crane things are pretty sweetDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

really tight site made us need one. hes gonna have to come back 3 more times throughout the project.
    ive never seen one with this many articulating joints
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Was super bored and paged back a few and found this gem:

X-mas Favor via Ant Bike Mike

D'AWWW, what a story."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    First time I totally loaded it up. Raddest. Bike. Ever. Thought it was heavy before?

So, the BEST thing I saw all Halloween was when were waiting for the convoy ride at Tosci Park.

These three people were carrying a door frame. Full sized. It also had a functioning door. All three were dressed up in various costumes. One was an old lady with a walker. One was a "house wife"(??) The other was some guy, can't remember what he was wearing. As we are standing there, they stand the door up in the middle of Tosci Park, and crouch behind it. We are all looking at this situation "WTF are they doing?!?" On the front of the door was a sign that said "please knock." A few people did. The three people opened the door, and yelled "Happy Halloween to our wonderful trick-or-treaters!" At this point they started handing out candy to the people who had "come to their door." They then said "Goodbye, have a safe night," and closed the door. At this point they picked up the door and walked away. A block or so down the street, I saw them repeat the process with some other people. I was DYING. Most amazing/hysterical "costume" I've ever seen.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    oh my god that's fantastic!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    wowwwww. next-next level.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2014

chr|s sedition:So, the BEST thing I saw all Halloween was when were waiting for the convoy ride at Tosci Park.

These three people were carrying a door frame. Full sized. It also had a functioning door. All three were dressed up in various costumes. One was an old lady with a walker. One was a "house wife"(??) The other was some guy, can't remember what he was wearing. As we are standing there, they stand the door up in the middle of Tosci Park, and crouch behind it. We are all looking at this situation "WTF are they doing?!?" On the front of the door was a sign that said "please knock." A few people did. The three people opened the door, and yelled "Happy Halloween to our wonderful trick-or-treaters!" At this point they started handing out candy to the people who had "come to their door." They then said "Goodbye, have a safe night," and closed the door. At this point they picked up the door and walked away. A block or so down the street, I saw them repeat the process with some other people. I was DYING. Most amazing/hysterical "costume" I've ever seen.

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2014

TIL that i'm still biking around in shorts and a t-shirt. And I love this set of Balkan playlists I've found on 8tracks. It makes me want to dance - which would be weird in the office.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2014

doesnt jump us to street view, what address?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Link worked for me- that's pretty cool..
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014

TIL:

I've been having some wonderful luck on ebay lately picking up parts to swap out my new bike to a 10 speed group.

Just gotta land a wheelset and I'm golden.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014 edited

After driving to Providence and singing the shit out of an audition, and then completely packing my car full of stuff including two kayaks on the roof, driving 6 hours to Rochester, and then unloading a 24' truck, all in the span of 36 hours on no sleep, the move is done. And a few days ago my friend called saying he got an offer on his house in Maine and is ready to move in to our place in Watertown in December.

And then just now I finally got a chance to check my personal email, and found a message from Josh saying that the insurance company *finally* agreed to pay what Svetlana is worth.

Timing couldn't have been better, because we've drained our bank account between the moving expenses and paying for two places simultaneously while Mrs. Pocky has been unemployed for the past two months until her new job starts in December.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014

Wow. Good for you guys! Rochester is so far though."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

It is... but it's a hell of a lot closer than Atlanta was for the past year. :)::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

New buffered bike lanes on Broadway going into Sullivan. Of course, they just end into three lanes of madness but I'll take it.We are the small axe.
    Today I picked a health insurance for 2015 and it was not that hard and it was a lot cheaper than it would have been for me before obamacare.

SUCK IT, WORLDYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Aww nurds, I gotta go do that. I'm dreading it because I need it for start date 2/1/15 and they only have a clicky for 1/1/15.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I bet if you wait til late dec that will come upYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2014

Fluid dynamics simulatorWe are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

similar sorta

http://www.mekanizmalar.com/index.html
    • CommentAuthorJimi

I'M FUCKING FREE!!!! California no longer has a hold on me.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    Congrats!
    just got a phone call from my doctor telling me that my most recent round of testing came back 100% normal and I'm being moved off of a risk list and am being put on a normal every-three-year check up routine.
    I think that means I'm finally out of the woods. After eight years of treatments I feel like I can finally say with sound resolve FUCK CANCER!!!!!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2014

killersim:just got a phone call from my doctor telling me that my most recent round of testing came back 100% normal and I'm being moved off of a risk list and am being put on a normal every-three-year check up routine.
    I think that means I'm finally out of the woods. After eight years of treatments I feel like I can finally say with sound resolve FUCK CANCER!!!!!

Congrats!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

woop woop!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Congrats, Alex!We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    awesome!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2014

went to some free bike clinic today to change the chain and rusty freewheel on my single speed, and it ended up taking this guy and i 90 minutes and he was bleeding out of 4 fingers within the first half hour, but we both felt hella accomplished by the end (it was one that needed the spanner wrench thing and then step 2 was supposed to involve a vice and...there was just a lot of improvising)
    killersim:just got a phone call from my doctor telling me that my most recent round of testing came back 100% normal and I'm being moved off of a risk list and am being put on a normal every-three-year check up routine.
    I think that means I'm finally out of the woods. After eight years of treatments I feel like I can finally say with sound resolve FUCK CANCER!!!!!

hell yeah, alex. that's got to feel amazing.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?