Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014 edited

The agent at Time Warner Cable support chat who I was on with just transferred me to "the appropriate group" and I got a new agent, Vaughn, and that agent speaks in Comic Sans. Everything they type is in Comic Sans. I've been through several tech support agents so far and none of them use anything but the normal font.

So I know they've transferred me to the pro now. SHIBBOL33T!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Crazy sick last 7 days. Just got out of Dr.'s office. Bad case of flu. Good news, resting heart beat was only 54. Dr. said to me, "you must be a fairly serious athlete." Biking and skateboarding pays off.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2014

Glad you're on the mend! Fluids and take it easy
    The doctors said the same to me when I was getting all checked out pre-post surgery. One nurse said "Have they already given you a sedative? I've never seen someone with such a low heart rate right before going under the knife." Bikes and nerves of steel BABY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2015

^Awesome. I get the same comments. My resting heart rate is around 49. Everyone assumes I'm an extreme athlete and I'm all "lol I smoke". Then I wonder if smoking is the only thing keeping my heart rate high enough to keep my body warm.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2015

Today I was at a comfortable temperature nearly the entire time I was riding. Literally no parts of me were cold. It was amazing. A week of single digit temps with a high wind chill factor can really make you appreciate a 25 degree day!
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2015

ginny:Today I was at a comfortable temperature nearly the entire time I was riding. Literally no parts of me were cold. It was amazing. A week of single digit temps with a high wind chill factor can really make you appreciate a 25 degree day!

what are you using for foot wear? I still can't keep my feet warm.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2015

Thick wool socks with my clipless shoes with shoe covers on. I've found that my clipless shoes are the warmest shoes I own. And the shoe covers make a big difference because they stop the wind from going through and making your toes chilly.
    TIL how 25F feels tropical after the -2 morning we endured recently. Took out my convertible with the top down!
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2015

About ten years ago, I suffered a hard drive failure. It was before I really believed in/could afford/ the power of backups for my data. With that drive failure I lost a ridiculous amount of music from high school onwards, mostly comprising hundreds of grateful dead shows.

There was one show on there that was particularly special. It was a show that had Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders. It was a horribly mislabeled show. I have no idea where it came from - my best guess is that I traded a tape for it at some point. It was labelled as "Jerry Garcia Band at Legion of Mary music hall." Turns out, Legion of Mary was a band and not a music hall (though it was also a music hall), and that the label wasn't anywhere close to correct.

I've been on the hunt for this show since shortly after the drive failed (that failure/loss of music lead to me shunning a lot of my favorite music, but thats another story), and have spent countless hours looking for *the* show. Over a decade of hunting on and off, and no luck.

Today, I found it.

It turns out it was tough to find for a reason. The circulated date for the show is almost certainly incorrect (the show includes a rendition of Boogie On Reggae Woman, but the purported play date (1974-07-22) is the same as when the album it debuted on (Fulfillingness' First Finale), and its unlikely Jerry/Merl had time to learn the song and play a bangin rendition of it in a single day. On top of that, the recording seems to be spliced from several sources - maybe not even from the same date. Basically, the show doesn't exist, nobody knows when it (they?) were played, only that they were. Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders were involved, but this wasn't a Legion of Mary recording - Martin Fierro is present in a couple tracks but not all - this leads me to believe is some nascent version of LOM.

Its still excellent. It is still silky-smooth-sexy, and Merl/Jerry are tearing it up. So, this ends a decade long search. I've contacted people I probably shouldn't have, I've downloaded countless shows, and I've tracked down folks with only-surviving-copies of shows I needed to hear to find this. Its a pretty big deal for me, and today I love finding the answer to my decade-long-riddle.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015

That is such a wonderful story.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    It really is. Now, if my 13-year search for a white label drum and bass 12" I heard at some party could just end the same way...All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Yesterday I loved that it was still light out for my ride/walk home. It seemed so sudden, I guess cause most days have been so dreary lately. I actually checked my watch 3 times between my building and the bike cage to make sure I wasn't actually leaving early.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015

Plus they finally started replacing the street lights on McGrath! It feels so safe now!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015

I call bullshit! there is no feeling of safety riding on McGrath!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015

No, it's just an illusion, but it's nice to be on a comfortably lit agro raceway instead of a dark one.

I sent a complaint to the DOT about it last week, good to see you can actually make a small difference."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

Yo, these lists of SkyMall products going around the internet are phenomenal."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I had no idea people were so attached to SkyMall.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

Je suis SkyMall.

(Too soon?)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    LAWL

THE FREEDOM OF SELLING BULLSHIT TO RICH PEOPLE MUST NOT BE ABRIDGEDDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

No work for me tomorrow! I get paid for snow days, and I don't have any shoveling to do (hooray for renting and not owning a car), so it's basically a win win situation.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Shit, I just spent the last hour and a half shoveling and snow-blowing and I only got halfway through my driveway. Being an adult sucks!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Shoveling out my car took forever... I am going to be livid if someone takes my spot tomorrow
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny

That does suck.

And isn't that how it works in Boston? You spend hours shoveling out a spot and then someone who was too lazy to shovel out a spot takes yours? And then you're forced to take someone else's shoveled out spot?
    The rules (both official and unofficial) vary widely from city to city. Technically spot saving is not allowed at all in Somerville, but in some neighborhoods people do it. I think in Boston you get 2 days or something like that.

Ugh I technically don't have to go in tomorrow and don't want to stick Mrs. Fries with both kids, but work is a bit cray for me right now and even though I brought my laptop home, with ToddlerFries at home there's no way I can get any work done from here.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    The unofficial rule is 2 days AFAIK. We'll see what happens..
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015 edited

kentucky:http://vimeo.com/117992272

"Page not found

Sorry, there is no video here.

Either it was deleted or it never existed in the first place. Such are the mysteries of the Internet."All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015

TIL that I sold the last of the bikes that I don't love and pre-ordered an Elephant NFE

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015

Siiiiick"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    daaaamn

I was driving in my car today and saw a dude riding a fatbike pulling kid(s) in a trailer and I was mad jelly. TIL that dude.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2015

TIL that I live in a city where we saw a dude today riding a regular bike while pulling kids in a trailer *and* running a dog on a leash on a two-lane street in 15F/-1 windchill with grape-sized snowflakes falling, and this doesn't freak anyone out here, and I'm certain that nobody honked him or gave him lip and told him he was a bad parent or told him to get a car.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DROP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS, NOW!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015 edited

Damn, that guy is awesome. And now I feel like a douchebag for every time I've bitched about the difficulty of getting a bead on or off with *two* hands.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015

BAMF"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    TIL that the pay terminal on my bus was turned off. It was pretty early when I eas getting on the bus so I tried to scan my card anyways. The driver just waved his hand and said "this shit sucks" and let everyone on the bus ride fo freeeeeeand then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

MBTA+We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Nyquil. Shit knocked me out all evening, it was great."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nandy:Nyquil. Shit knocked me out all evening, it was great.

yup, sleeping for more than an hour or two without waking up with yr lung in yr mouth is nice.and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    Are they actually making good (pseudoephedrine containing) NyQuil again? I heard it was coming back.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    just dissolve a claritin D in ZZZquilYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015

Probably not, this is just the store brand crap off the shelf, but I had been moaning in misery all day so this was definitely better by comparison. Plus I'm probably on the very low end of adult sized doses, so maybe it knocked me out extra hard."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015 edited

TIL: went in to the North Shore Mall for a restaurant's job fair, and they hired me on the spot!Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015

Yeahhhhhh buddy. Congrats!

I had an interview last Friday, they said "Thanks for coming in. I think we're meeting with more candidates next week, but will let you know," and then I got a call an hour later with a job offer. It feels great when that happens.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Awesome you guys. I think that's just a thing they say no matter what. They said it to me at my interview, but I'm pretty sure there's no way they had the time to set up any other full day interviews between mine and when they made the offer to me.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015

Congrats to both of you!
    ginny:Congrats to both of you!
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2015

It turns out the airbnb we're staying at in Buffalo is owned by a guy who dropped out of northeastern and was a bike messenger for many years in Boston. It's a small-ass world."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    hah!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    What's his name?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015 edited

Last name ucci I think, I feel weird putting someone's whole name online, but the first name is the full dude version of the nickname I go by. Worked at marathon and RS."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries