Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

wth Pocky, that shit hasn't premiered yet? I told someone about it at a marathon party (he is old and taught at Amherst but didn't overlap), haven't you practiced enough?!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015 edited

First act premiered already. Second act isn't finished being written yet.

The performances that already happened were an April performance of several scenes from the first act with just the three principal leads, then in June was the first act premiere with all of the leads and chorus. In 2016 will be the whole opera concert premiere with orchestra, and a recording made of that and sold on some record label, and then a staged premiere will presumably follow that.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I see. All bases covered then. Perfect stage for grant writing.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015 edited

Yeah, the only reason Eric was able to do this thing (and hire me) is because he is pretty good at both music writing AND grant writing.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015

ThreePete:
    nerdo:Are any of you actually old enough to have played that game? Or did you all go to inner city high schools run entirely on donated Apple IIe's?

Ladies and Gents, we've found hipster patient zero - the chosen one. The one who did it before everyone else had even conceived of doing it. *Kneels* ;)

Have any of you seen the more recent version(s) (post-first-version-evar)? I recall it even made it to mobile devices at some point.

Get off my lawn.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2015 edited

paul jameson:yes!
    Oh and lemme know if you see my phone in rochester, I lost it near Lux in the snow in 2009. Nextel i880:
    you can mail it to me.

PAGING PAUL:

I know how we can get your phone back:

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    do we have to drink 88oz of PBR to make it work?

The real incapacitor on phone night was the hamburger shot. When we go back for my phone, DO NOT DRINK the shot that tastes like hamburgers.

Bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2015 edited

I don't know if we can fit weapons on the DeLorean that we have to ride after drinking 88oz of PBR to make the time jump.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    looks approximately as fast and sexy as the DMC delorean.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    ThreePete:
    nerdo:Are any of you actually old enough to have played that game? Or did you all go to inner city high schools run entirely on donated Apple IIe's?

Ladies and Gents, we've found hipster patient zero - the chosen one. The one who did it before everyone else had even conceived of doing it. *Kneels* ;)

Have any of you seen the more recent version(s) (post-first-version-evar)? I recall it even made it to mobile devices at some point.

In HS we had a brief revival because someone found out that you could play it on the school-issue mac laptops - something about the age of the game bypassed the "enter password to install this program" thing.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015

http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/961306-129/big-tires-mean-big-fun-onWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015

photo widdly-scuds-comic-origins_zpsik5w8ftk.jpgroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015

photo ss- 2015-10-27 at 00.47.44_zpsnxtjvxhz.jpgroz-berry-lime
    this is the reason I still call burritos burtangos.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE2gwFFZ37c
    Puppy's reaction to his first experience with rainroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz

photo 12063791_1728841534002372_3008816692638654582_n_zpsn25rljxx.jpgroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

^niceWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben

A+. Also for hosting it in a photobucket account.

(sidenote: photobucket still exists?)I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015

let it be known that Ben Krasnick is the patron saint of coffee brandy.

The northwest salutes you.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015 edited

Let it also be known that Tristan is the patron saint of leftover Halloween candy. If my phone weren't on the fritz I would post a picture of the five pound box of mixed bite size candy bars which arrived today.

I salute you
    i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015

I'm just ogling that daylight.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    "Amateur Cyclist and Professional Drunk Terrorizes Bend Leaving $1000s in Damage and a Trail of Coffee Flavored Vomit"

More at 8.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

And by "more at 8," you mean more damage and vomit.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015 edited

they just look so cute! no homo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Huh. I guess I get to cross "win some sort of physical competition against a lion" off of my bucket list.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthortristan

I've smashed a glass and covered my garage in allens. I've also argued with several coworkers over dumb shit. Pauls prediction is eerily accurate.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015 edited

smoothness:

they just look so cute! no homo.

Giro is all about this. No shame. Dogs are goofy weirdos <3
     photo 0bbdbefe-46a3-4bc5-a53a-ee692d21bee6_zpsmvfxp9hf.jpg
     photo image1 2_zpsk7ihdh9b.jpg
     photo FullSizeRender_zpsrxp0seag.jpgroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015

Yesterday I went to an 8-11pm event, so I anticipated being too tired to bike home after (also 20 min bus ride vs hour+ bike ride), so I biked in on my folding bike, bringing with me a packable-into-tinyness winter jacket, went to my event, and then waited for the bus with my folding bike wearing a winter coat. It just went so well. I have perfectly adapted to my environment.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015 edited

HIGH FIVE FOR PRACTICAL MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT, as the urban planning blogs say. DOWN WITH CARS."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015 edited

TIL Bootstrap compost. If you live in the Boston area and haven't heard of it - and especially if you have roommates - you should definitely check it out.

We've discovered that 3/4 of the weight of our trash, and about 1/4 of the volume, was food scraps. So for $5 per roommate per month, we've cut our environmental impact down significantly, and by donating our portion of the finished compost we're doing some tangible good for other people, too.

It was super easy to sign up, and all we have to do is leave the full bin on our porch and get a clean one in return.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015

Interesting. We don't have enough food scraps to do it on a regular basis (we just freeze most of them and turn them into veggie stock every few months), though we do have a steady stream of yard clippings in the spring/summer. Maybe I should get less lazy and make my own composter.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015

Compost should be a municipal thing like trash and recycling. If anyone's in Somerville I think MetroPed still does compost pickup and I think their rates are similar plus you get to support bike people. There's Farmer Pirates around here (linking because the website is hilariously bad), but we're going to try to start our own because we don't have many scraps and make stock whenever we can."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Cambridge is piloting curbside composting in parts of the city, hopefully it'll go well and expand.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2015

That's awesome!I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Using a garbage disposal is the next best thing if you can't do composting
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Is that true? That's what we do to the veggie scraps after they've been turned into veggie stock.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Yeah according to my friend who is is a solid waste expert. It makes sense that it keeps the nutrients in the system.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

ryan t:Using a garbage disposal is the next best thing if you can't do composting

So not true. What goes down the garbage disposal just taxes the water sanitation system even more because that stuff has to be filtered out and... sent to the dump anyway. A former prof of mine who is an expert in composting and waste management thinks that garbage disposals should be banned.

I am curious to hear more about why your friend thinks that.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben

I was also under the impression that they actually weren't good. Interesting to hear your prof goes so far as to think they should be banned.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

In this class we gained a very solid appreciation for what it takes to turn grey and black water into something that can be put back in the ocean with minimal risk of fucking up the environment. Adding more solid waste that has to be treated into an already overtaxed and underfunded system is not a cool thing to do- especially when it's just going to the dump anyway. Your lazy ass could save the water department a lot of extra work by just putting it in the trash if you're not going to compost it. And don't give me this shit about turning that sludge into "biosolids" because I will fact rage on you about what a dangerous, dangerous scam that is. Come at me, bro.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorryan t

I haven't talked to him in great detail on this but my friend said that the bio sludge or whatever from the water system can be used for stuff. He works for something that organizes recycling and compost in NYC, and did his masters thesis on waste management. He's no slouch when it comes to this stuff (and I'm interested too) so if you have a good case against it let me know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2015 edited

The main argument against "biosolids" (put in quotes because it's the most bullshit astroturfed name in existence, sort of like calling cigarettes "breath sticks") is as follows:

Everything that goes down the drain gets mixed up together.
    That stuff includes heavy metals (cadmium, lead, nickel, etc) that are extremely toxic in high enough concentrations.
    There is no effective way to remove these metals from the sludge.
    The sludge, which has a negative profit margin and needs to be disposed of at great cost, is therefore a problem for waste management.
    Someone got the bright idea to rename toxic sludge to "biosolids" and try to sell it as fertilizer and market it as a "sustainable solution."
    Lobbying happens.
    People who don't understand the science and only have waste management people talking to them believe their sales pitch.
    It gets sold to municipalities and sprayed on public lands.

Tell me what he says in reply.
    If it turns out that they've come up with an effective way to remove the heavy metals and other contaminants from the sludge, please let me know and provide a link. If it's legit, I will retract my entire argument.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Oh man, sounds like the good old days when people were all "sure, radioactive waste can't be that bad, right? Let's let it sit out exposed behind an elementary school and sell it to Niagara county as road filler" so now they can't even repave streets without it becoming a massive remediation project."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2015

TDIL Page 420, lolroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Aw shit, I was just going to post that!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorben

What?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Keep posting, I'm only on 419."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

You both need to whisper more, clearly.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015

421, bitches.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks