Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2018

the first real thing i've done at my new job was to ask the operations guys if we could get a bike rack at our site, and he has one elsewhere he's eager to get rid of. success! (it's another sucky state to bike in, but w/e)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    nice! I seem to have convinced our ops guy to put in a shower when we remodel some of our space later this year.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2018

i friggin wishhhhThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    yeah, a couple years ago I worked at a big giant pharma company that just built brand new buildings in Cambridge and they had a sweet locker room with like 80 lockers and 4 showers AND a dry room and i miss it so much

at least now I can shower at the CAC gym in one kendall which sucks for multiple reasons but it's still awesome to have a shower.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    oh AND a sweet pretty big bike lockup room (card access) with a repair stand in the parking garage why did i leave that jobbbbbDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2018

did a summer at discover when i was in law school, and their organized internship program is for undergrad computer people and comes with housing (that includes a gym). i was in the legal department, had to get my own housing, and wasn't (because other interns had their own gym) allowed to use the staff one to shower, that i hear was the most luxurious posh thing ever. eventually found a janitor shower without even a shelf/ledge in it to put stuff on in the basement =/That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2018

wow am I glad I don't have a long enough commute to get that gross on or have a respectable job I need to shower for lol."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2018

for discover it was 24 miles each way (once i got to my desk, my first hour of 'work' was just snack time)

this'll be 5 1/2, and i mean the next thing i do half the time will be feeding goats, so it's not like i need to be fancy now, but a shower'd be cool to go take longer rides first, and like...lunch showers and mid afternoon showers, and just...i smell like goat and chicken poop foreverThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    holy moly 24 miles! Five and a half seems nice, mine is only ~2 and feels too short- except when I'm running late for child pickup. But even 2 miles is enough to make me gross when it's hot out :/DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2018 edited

i didn't know anyone around really, so my life for the summer was just ride and work and sleep, and it was...good, but only with the knowledge that it was 10 weeks and done

(also, yeah, looking at my bike is enough to make me gross when it's hot out =()That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    last night I scumbag'd up Sean's fancy office just a little

DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2018

i'm going to assume that that's just magically levitating, not jammed into the edge...

ooooooh, magic!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    definitely magicDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    TIL i made the good decision to take my bike with an increasingly creaky bb to Ace rather than trying to do it myself. Turns out it was hosed, so in like 30min or so I was out of there with a new bb instead of who knows how many hours in my basement like, "Okay it's still kinda creaky but I can totally get this running smooth again."DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2018

[thumbs up]That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2018

Good! When bbs start to go replacing them is all you can really do."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Yeah, plus even decent bbs are not very expensive. At first I thought it was connected to the issue with my crank falling off, but the guy played with it for 10 seconds and said "yeaah....."DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2018

I've been putting off replacing the wheel bearings in my favorite sw33t fixie for like a year (it's been hanging about that long) and I finally fucking did it and it's fun af holy shit.

Pro tip: VO track hubs use a phil wood bearing size, so you can ride on butter 4 cheap."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    niiiiiceDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D