Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoreggman
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009

I've always been afraid to pick my cats up by the scruff. Under the arms seems much gentler.Ella: Not that I would EVER even THINK of taking the T (mainly because my penis is too large to fit in it)
    w/ younger cats it's okay... you dont really wanna do it to a full blown cat, his fat ass prob wont enjoy it.

yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

and will contribute soonMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorunit

I know indoor cats are better off staying indoors. But with the weather getting better it seems like a shame to have them stay indoors. Are there any tried and true methods with warding over an indoor cat on an outdoor excursion?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

graham i'm glad to hear that logan is warming up to you and sleeping on your face every night :) i wanna come over and mush him! ive never been inside your apartment, just outside

ive heard that is a slippery slope; some kitties really dig going outside and will then wait at the door and stuff. does he try to go out? do you guys have an enclosed porch or something? i used to let one of my cats hang on the enclosed porch when it was nice out and that seemed to go over wellMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorunit

^hes deff got the pioneer's spirit, which is why I wanna make it work for him...The only thing is the guy across the street feeds/houses any stray cat that comes his way. Yeah you guys should come check him out, hes totally down with the face mushing
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

maybe you should get a collar and name tag for him with your phone number on it, just in case he gets away or he comes across that neighbor of yours. you can get them at pet smart for like 2 bucks (HAHA i just typeo'd "2 fucks" HAHAHAHHA)

i dunno, i'd be nervous letting him out cuz you live so close to harvard ave but it's up to you. i've had other cats who just needed to get used to being indoors all the time. after a month or so they didn't try to get out anymore. but if you think he'd be unhappy as an indoor kitty i'd say try it?

or you can always take him for walks on a leash :) if you need a kitty walker i call dibs!Must be awful, being so fluffy.

i dont really like cats but i know a buncha you would appreciate this...dorasomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Classics:
    http://bestlolcat.untitled1.us/top100.htmlNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    KITTY!!!!!!!!!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

outcold:

i dont really like cats but i know a buncha you would appreciate this...dora

OH LOOKIT THE TINY MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

Craiginpictures:Classics:
    http://bestlolcat.untitled1.us/top100.html

omg. inappropriate amounts of laughter at work :) SO GOODMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Stumbleupon is being wonderful to me today.
    http://www.listal.com/list/cats-fancifulNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

they forgot me
    me

AND JOEY RAMONE!!
    PhotobucketMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010 edited

ps-
    PhotobucketMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    http://mysmelly.com/Archive/TopComfortableWaysSleeping-Box/cvdcc/post.htmNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010

petunz is snoozing on my lap and she just woke up and got really interested with the talking cats. mewed back at them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChicagoKarl
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010 edited

I wonder if they're saying: "it's so nice and sunny outside karol, you should just leave work and go ride your new bicycle around town."
    Karol, this just made me feel so much better.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010

"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010

OMG THAT'S SO SAD

well i'm glad that the ad promotes adoption but stuff like that really happens all the time and it sucks :(
    i was looking at kitties on craigslist the other day for a couple minutes but then i had to stop
    'my significant other moved in and is allergic'
    'i'm moving'
    'i got a dog'
    'we just had a baby'

WTFFFFFFFMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

I know. i worked in dog rescue for a few years. human suck.

The ad above is super cute and also mega depressing. it made me miss kitty sooo much (I was in NYC when I saw it)"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010 edited

I don't know, man. On the scale of cruelty and neglect, animals are pretty intense. Maybe humans suck, but there's no chance kitty is going to produce a Titian or even a Paul Farmer to even things out. My cat did things to mice, grasshoppers, crickets, and lizards that would get you sent to The Hague.
    And that bitch did it with a smile.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

disagree. The cat didn't domesticate the grasshopper as a species first and then torture and kill it. People do that to cats all the time. The cat sanctuary in Rome was heart achingly depressing (the people that work there are AMAZING though) http://www.romancats.com/index_eng.php

Also, to head off possible objections: I think compassion and empathy are ALWAYS good traits we should have them for people, cats etc. I mean, is it a surprise that Italy (which I love and I love my Italian friends) is both horribly misogynystic AND it is acceptable to torture cats and kittens? I don't think so.

Also, I miss your handsome face, Joey."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

I miss your handsome face too karol!"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    ^hottie.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Gilbert: I respect your disagreement, but I submit that human exceptionalism is unjustified. We, as a species, did not domesticate felines in order to torture them. Sick fuck individuals have taken an animal that was domesticated and tortured them individually. I just wouldn't generalize it to say that humans in general are to blame. It's a relatively minor point, maybe, but exceptionalism in either direction (praise or blame) seems needlessly shallow to me and I tend to dispute it whenever it comes up. I see no nobility in animals that doesn't exist in us. I do see the power differential and suspect that if cats had evolved to be the dominant species and discovered gun powder and vaccinations that they'd be making similar errors as we. I hope this doesn't sound too Hegelian.
    Also, I miss your handsome face too. Sorry about the job not working out. Let's get social soon.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

@Dora yeah we used to have to do this as part of the rescue. the worst ever was "trade: your laptop for my dog" with a whole big thing about how badly the person wants a laptop.

When we meet in person let's revisit this issue. For god's sakes I wish cats would have developed vaccines. Then kitty could pay the damn vet instead of me.

Also, perhaps you took the phrase "humans suck" a little too seriously? I did not discuss whether other species also suck or exclude them from also sucking so I do not think I was making an exceptionalist claim. (Side point: I am now curious as to whether other animals are capable of "torture")

If you were privy to watching the abuse and neglect I have seen companion animals subjected to being normalized you'd be pissed off too, and I think the very fact that NYC has to put up a media campaign telling animal owners that abandoning your animal because of a move is "bad" proves my point. Frankly, I think that getting into a 400-level discussion of whether or not there should be human exceptionalism is entirely beside the point and sidesteps assigning moral blame where moral blame OUGHT to be assigned.

way too heavy for the kitteh thread. people are gonna be pissed."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    And now back to your regularly scheduled kittehs.

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited

Gilbert:@Dora yeah we used to have to do this as part of the rescue. the worst ever was "trade: your laptop for my dog" with a whole big thing about how badly the person wants a laptop.

(Side point: I am now curious as to whether other animals are capable of "torture")

THATS SO MEAN!!! i don't understand how people could not care about their pets. maybe not everyone is obsessed with kitties like i am, and that's ok, but if you really loved your pet you couldn't give them away for any reason. or fucking trade them FOR A LAPTOP >:( ASSHOLES

and, just sayin, i remember hearing something about a type of monkey that attacks and tortures rival uh, gangs (i don't know what to call them. families?) of monkies. and then cannibalize the corpses. fucked uP!

K MOAR KITTEHS
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

edit: i give up on that pictureMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010

i'd love to have a bunny running around my apartment :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorunit

my cat doesn't like being pet anymore. When I first got him and for a few weeks afterward he was all about being affectionate, now he scrams whenever I try and pet him. I haven't been anything but nice to him... any suggestions???
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Gilz: I'm sure I did take "humans suck" a little too seriously- it was late and I was feeling a little serious. Yeah man, let's talk in person. Over coffee and food, preferably. I guess I'm always suspicious of assigning moral blame- mostly because I don't view anything as being particularly special about us as a species. We just won, that's all, and we don't deserve to be at the top anymore than cats deserve to be where they are. I can't find a shred of justice in the cosmos and I've never been able to find a moral code that seemed at all permanent. Fuck, kill, eat seems to be the rule. Our existence is based on injustice. But I also think every existence is too... the challenge for me has always a question of accepting that, knowing that we have no "right" to do what we do, and yet continuing to make our claims in the absence of a god or permanent moral code (pseudo god). This doesn't get me down. It just presents a challenge. Hang soon?

Also: Dora, you continue to be aDORAble.

Back to kitties. This one will kill us all:
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

My kitty <3's my messenger bag!"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

unit:my cat doesn't like being pet anymore. When I first got him and for a few weeks afterward he was all about being affectionate, now he scrams whenever I try and pet him. I haven't been anything but nice to him... any suggestions???

don't pay as much attention to him - i don't mean ignore him by any means, but maybe he needs some breathing room after getting all the attention for a few weeks now. one of the cats i grew up with was like that, he was a friendly lovey kitten and then after having two kids chase him all over loving on him he stopped being as affectionate. i finally gave up on trying to get him to let me hold him/pet him/etc and then he approached me. he's still a sweet, affectionate cat but he needs his space and he likes to be loved on his own terms. he always comes to me when he wants a solid purr-fest of rubbing and scratching.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

joey you're a peach! we need hang time soon. can i come get philosophical with you and mr gilbert? i'd love that

Gilbert:

My kitty <3's my messenger bag!

OH MEOW!! :D

aw graham don't worry, logan still loves you. has he still been sleeping on you or no?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorunit

^lol yeah every night hes front and center either on my legs or chest
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

haha aww well that's a good sign :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Mr. Fresh, may i submit to you, for the sake of discussion, the following thought:

Either we are no better or worse than any other animal, and might makes right, and we can do whatever we want to them,
    OR,
    We are exceptional and thus should be held to a higher standard.

I'm sure we can agree that the answer is somewhere in the middle, but it helps to define the extremes, yes?

DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D

is how i feel sometimes.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorstephen
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010

nora & seamus say hi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited

WHY IS KITTY IN A HAT?!

O
    \/
    I