Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorstephen
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010

she had her lady parts removed & wouldn't stop licking the stitches open.
    it was heart wrenching, but really funny too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah, it's a very invasive procedure for the lady pets. not so much for the gentlemen pets.

cats with e-collars are pretty pathetic. unlike dogs, who usually just bang around into everything, cats tend to get pissed off and just sit there pouting.
    • CommentAuthorstephen

she kinda did the bang around thing. every other day she would wiggle out of it, too. she's an ex-feral, and i think will always have that streetcat sorta herky-jerky excited way about her. she probably just felt like she was in neck-jail and had an itch she couldn't scratch. i think seamus liked to fuck with her when she was in the cone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

a nice substitute for e-collars are those inflatible neck rings. they prevent the licking/agitating but aren't as clunky and are much harder to worm out of. while you don't need it very often, it's nice to have around if you have a pet with that sort of personality where they like to worry at stuff if there's a problem.

my cat was allegedly a street kitty as a baby, i got her at nine months. you would never know it, though. the only thing that makes her excited and crazy is when she doesn't get her dinner on time. then she runs over to you and if you make a movement she sprints to her food bowl, as if to say, "here, come with me! i'll show you where to get the food and then you can put it in my bowl!!!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

surprisefries:Mr. Fresh, may i submit to you, for the sake of discussion, the following thought:
    Either we are no better or worse than any other animal, and might makes right, and we can do whatever we want to them,
    OR,
    We are exceptional and thus should be held to a higher standard.
    I'm sure we can agree that the answer is somewhere in the middle, but it helps to define the extremes, yes?

Sorry, I just saw this, Evan. My thought is yes. Those would be the extremes. Logically, now, if I'm concerned about that higher standard, then I'd have to pursue it down to a basically Jainist veganism. No exploitation of any kind, and extreme care to neither kill nor maim any living thing. My problem with that is and has always been that I can't define where it ends. It seems rather arbitrary to stop right at plants and saw we can eat them, but not animals. Plants react to touch. They are clearly alive. Yet if we don't at least eat plants, we cannot continue our virtuous existence. So we draw an arbitrary line and say that plants are okay, I suppose. People who don't see this line as being arbitrary seem to me to be in denial about a simple fact: existence is conditional on the exploitation of other living things. So how does one resolve this? For me, I've found that it lies in two things: 1) accepting that other living things must die in order for me to live, and 2) thinking about "exploitation" in a broader way. Since living things must die, maybe the best we can do is offer a life that allows the animal or plant to be what it is supposed to be, followed by a relatively painless death. This is problematic, of course, because the question about what our modern boiler chicken is "supposed to be" is a difficult one to answer. Is it supposed to be like a free range chicken, or is it supposed to be like a living McNugget? I honestly don't know. All that aside, the question comes to one of eating responsibly, and in a way that doesn't fuck our own species over in the long run.
    That's my contribution for now. Maybe I missed something huge, but that's what makes sense to me.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Yes, Joe. It's hard to really define what exactly, if any, is our moral obligation to animals...if we weren't so "evolved"* and we just lived like hunter/gatherers it wouldn't be so big of a deal to kill for food. But we also wouldn't be factory farming. I guess if one were looking for some sort of boundary, one could define it as sentience. The problem with that is, so far as we are able to definitively tell, sentience is pretty arbitrary. Plants aren't, are insects? Et cetera.

Regarding your boiler chicken, i guess i'd say that it's supposed to be free range, even though it probably doesn't even know what that's all about, and may or may not even have the cognitive capacity for that to mean anything. Also, McNugget chickens have been bred pretty dang far from what a "natural" chicken would probably be. I mean shit, KFC isn't even allowed to call the shit "chicken" anymore 'cause they're mutated to have like 16 breasts and 25 wings, right?

Anyway, you make sense to me too, Joe!

*I put quotes around "evolved" not out of snark but out of my biology education. Just couldn't think of a better word there.

edit:

stephen, hope yer little buddy heals up quick and gets outta the cone soon!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010 edited

"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

ahh!! ^gilbert what's your kitty's name? i love calico cats <3

also
    surprisefries:

ahhahah!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

^ her name is "kitty". She was a street cat and that was her nickname, now it is her real name."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    zomg
    http://www.cs.unc.edu/~helser/more_and_more_kittens.htmlNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010

Anyone wanna visit a real life kitty this week? I'm racing in Philly and would like kitty to have some socialization while gone. I can also leave beerz in the fridge. James, in case you're reading this you would be my go to guy but I ain't asking a favor when I haven't hung out with you in so long. friends first, favors second!"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    ^What race in Philly are you doing?[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

the "philly flyer" or whatever. I'm doin' the TTT, the crit (even though I'm bad at crits and don't like 'em) and the circuit race."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    ^Rad. Good luck. I'll be at the Red Hook Crit.[all your base are belong to us]

koko!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

gilbert if you can't find someone i'll hang out with your kitty while you're gone

also ^OMG KITTY!!! koko's so cute!! lookit those cheeks!!!!!!! :D GAH!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010 edited

Meet Bruce, the new kitty in the house. He enjoys exploring, lounging and is fascinated by the sound of exploding bubble wrap.
    He says hello.
    _MG_2405

Droid DOES give kittehs layzer beem eyez.

2010-03-18 22.16.46RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

AEKLFGH!

^i really really love that you took like, a serious portrait picture of your kitty. and he looks so handsome!!!!!

yay orange kitty love!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

its just him under my desk! he's just loungin there on some laundry. i also just happen to store black foamcore board behind my desk (for real portrait shoots), so it worked out nice! just light from my window there. he does look handsome though doesnt he!

heres another look at his current location:
    Bruce!!RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^oh no way! haha that rules, it looks so good. awwww he's such a cutie! and he has such a unique little face and look at his little speckled paws!!!! (oh my god, i'm crazy ;))

i forgot about this picture taken last week: captain frank loving my freight bag. i wanted to take him home with me so bad!
    PhotobucketMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010

dora:gilbert if you can't find someone i'll hang out with your kitty while you're gone

also ^OMG KITTY!!! koko's so cute!! lookit those cheeks!!!!!!! :D GAH!

Oh man, i saw this so late or I sooo woulda taken you up on it!

Also, turns out I'm pretty good at highly technical crits and they're fun as hell! I was carryin 23 mph through 90 degree corners whoosh..zoom! yay I love bikes!"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    It appears eric might be the only person on here who photographs his cat as much as I do.

she and my roommate tend to pass out on the couch together.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010

moar orange kitty love! <3 <3 <3

^lookit the belly!!!

and gilbert, no prob, dude. glad you found someone to do it and had fun in philly!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorCarter
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010

^^Nice Eames chair. Baller sir, very baller indeed.It's not francois' fault that you weren't looking hard enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010

buuuuuumppppppppppMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010

Me with Roman kittehs outside the Torre Aregentino cat sanctuary, housed in architectural ruins! Wow this is like 8 years old.

"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010 edited

Dead serious, as far as I can tell.

Courtesy of Gilbert.

My favorite quote: "Most people assume pussies are easy to care for, but once they’ve come into possession of one they realize this is far from the truth."We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010

Hoping this hasn't been posted cus I'm too lazy to look through the other pages:

Meow
    Mean Kitty Song!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorcorter
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010 edited

my cat and new (11 weeks) kitten! I woke them up for this, hence lazy eyes

Attack mode!

^.... ew.... they need fur.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010

Unless they're evil.

We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^regardless of being evil or not, they need fur.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

You have no appreciation for evil.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    There's nothing wrong with weird expensive pets. . . and hell, why not breed 'em?
    (At least you can pet 'em, unlike my turtles. . . all they want to do is bite.)

[:|][all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

corter:my cat and new (11 weeks) kitten! I woke them up for this, hence lazy eyes

Attack mode!

hahahah ahhhh!!! lookit the kitten! i've never seen a baby hairless kitty before. SO CUTE and WRINKLEY! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    i love this thread
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010 edited

Eric is right.

KITTEHS KITTEHS KITTEHS

Eric, the kittehs ward off evil"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    ^why would you post that....

seriously you better knock on some wood or carbon fibre or something.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorcorter

robotbuilder:There's nothing wrong with weird expensive pets. . . and hell, why not breed 'em?
    (At least you can pet 'em, unlike my turtles. . . all they want to do is bite.)

[:|]

They're both boys! However, I didn't really pay much for them (totally couldn't afford them). My friend breeds them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010

^you have done a bad thing. my bf lurks the forum and first thing i heard when i came home yesterday: "DID YOU SEE THE SPHYNX KITTIES!?!

i hope your friend is not local, b/c he will want a kitty if he knows there's a breeder in the area.

& i really like the picture of the baby grooming the adult. adorable.
    • CommentAuthorunit

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^hhahahaaa!!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorcorter
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010

ratattack:^you have done a bad thing. my bf lurks the forum and first thing i heard when i came home yesterday: "DID YOU SEE THE SPHYNX KITTIES!?!

i hope your friend is not local, b/c he will want a kitty if he knows there's a breeder in the area.

& i really like the picture of the baby grooming the adult. adorable.

nope! she's in CT...though for your boyfriend, it's only a 2 hour trip!

that picture is the baby absolutely demolishing my big cat. He's totally going to be the dominant one, we can already tell. They cuddle and sleep together, then the small one will wake up at random, get the big one in a headlock, and chomp down on him till he wakes up and tries to fight back. then the baby lets go and they sit and stare at each other till they fall asleep again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2010

kitty just broke into my bag of vegan marshmallows and stole one and watching her eat it was the cutest thing EVAR"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobo_trigger
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010 edited

^^^^ also wilford brimley

hank venture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010

Where's Dean!?Fuck yeah.
    I don't believe in sweater vests for cats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010

I respect that.Fuck yeah.