Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I'm no longer making the $$ I used to at my current job, I'm searching for something better. I'm a good courier with with multiple winters under my belt, anyone know a decent place that's hiring? Is anyone making decent money anymore? Seems like hard times downtown.

I can work on bikes, I built mine from the frame up, I've built at least half a dozen wheels (I can do it and they're sturdy, but I'm not a master or super fast at it). I can skin a flat rather quick. Is there any shop work to be had? (I'm guessing the answer is slim to none, but I figure I'd ask)

I went to art school for industrial design, I can draw/sketch, I aced my solidworks class (I'd probably need a bit of practice because I haven't touched it in a bit) learned some alias, familiar with photoshop and illustrator and a bit of indesign. Anyone know of a bmx company that designs stuff in or near boston? I'd love to get into making bmx stuff.

I have a bunch of other unrelated semi-useful things in my arsenal as well:
    glass blowing experience (not a ton, but I liked it)
    wielding experience (minimal, gas and tig)
    some web design skillz (hand coding html, css and a hint of php)
    very comfortable on a mac (don't really get much into terminal stuff though)
    okay with windows
    good at working on hardware (replaced multiple ipod batteries, replaced hard drives, added ram, dyed a gameboy green and hacked the crap out of my ibook, all successfully.)
    I was a manager at a coffee shop/ice cream shop in highschool
    worked concrete one summer, it sucked though. that sht is back breaking.
    also, I'm a friggin gentleman if the situation calls for it.

I dunno. I like to draw, make stuff and goof around. I kind of want to stop dicking around and make some real money, but I also like the minimal responsibilities that being a courier affords me and fear that I won't be able to deal with an indoor job, but I think i could deal. Travel is cool, I wish I could go more places and a job that involve travel might be awesome.

Also, anyone ever sell their spooge? my sat scores weren't bad, so I've been pondering that, but it's a just a lil bit strange.

•  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008

Selling means being celibate and off a bike 3 days a week for a year, for only like 11k total.

Fuck Skycom.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008 edited

Will they really find out if you ride a bike or jerk off? EDIT: TMI
    hey steve i'll buy your spooge
    ^They really make you stop biking? That's pretty wack. Ba-dum-ching!Word nerd
    • CommentAuthorPork_sword
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008 edited

Nosepicker:hey steve i'll buy your spooge

how much? i got a jar in the fridge.
    • CommentAuthorslowski

cut out the middleman, go door to door.If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    my friend actually got asked to donate in a bar once, he gave them his number, but they didn't call.
    that was me, and it was a trick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

my friend does this in cambridge, you have to apply, then if selected wait 3~6 months.

if you are selected, you can make $1k a month (or more) by donating 3 or more times a week.snow
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008

does anyone have a job anymore? maybe all us bike related lay offs should hang our selves.

on second thought, booze is where it's at. people will give up cable before they let go of the sauce!

who's in for some bathtub gin?
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I know this is gonna sound like I am some dirty hippy, but for reals you all should give AmeriCorps a look. Did it for three years, best damn time ever. Lots of programs provide housing, food stamps, clothing, and fuel stipends (if you are into cars). honest, hard work, make you love the world again, meet great friends, and they will help you go back to school/pay off student loans. You won't make a lot of money, but it looks amazing on a resume so you can basically get a shit tonn of jobs after. They have programs for hard back breaking work, health related stuff, fire suppression, environmental restoration, education, art, you name it, somewhere this is a program that does it.

Do it. AmeriCorps ftwthis wont hurt a bit...
    Or say fuck it all and do Peace Corps for 2 years.

-in no way is this message filled with sarcasm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Fuck it, if you're gonna move to some shithole 3rd world country, join the marines and at least maybe get to kill something.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

DannyWrecks:Fuck it, if you're gonna move to some shithole 3rd world country, join the marines and at least maybe get to kill something.

this thought has occured multiple times lately, it would revoke my Canadian citizenship though, and i might get sent to iraq, which I wouldn't want... but it if travel north then join I can go to Afgahnistan, to bad Canada doesn't like paying it's soldiers or otherwise funding it's armed forces
    •  
      CommentAuthorChicagoKarl
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008 edited

yes
    i'm all about killing people.
    let's do it.
    let's all do it.
    BFGMS
    boston fixed gear marine squadron.
    • CommentAuthorFix66

DannyWrecks:Selling means being celibate and off a bike 3 days a week for a year, for only like 11k total.

Fuck Skycom.
    Yes fuck skycom indeed.Less fashion, more thrashin.
    Chicago Karl :(:yes
    i'm all about killing people.
    let's do it.
    let's all do it.
    BFGMS
    boston fixed gear marine squadron.

I'm in! how much you payin, karl?strong, light, cheap: pick two
    Morgie:
    DannyWrecks:Fuck it, if you're gonna move to some shithole 3rd world country, join the marines and at least maybe get to kill something.

this thought has occured multiple times lately...

I don't want to get into a debate, but joining the US military is not a smart move.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008

I would've thought Chuck Norris would approve of military serviceThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    chuck norris is a one man military, duh.

also, breakaway is going to be giving me my checks now.
    is our chuck_norris the same guy on CL that RE:'s all the dumb posts?
    and incidentally posts a photo of chuck norris w/ them?
    I figure the true chuck norris would destroy all impersonators by emailing them a beating