Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008

What are some good ones that people like? I am looking for the non bib variety.boooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Most people like the bib variety.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

bibs are comfy :) their biggest downfall is making it a bitch to take a dump.
    Why no bibs? Bibs rule.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i never rock bike shorts for anything less than a hundred miles. for real.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

well uh, i like to rock bike shorts all the time? heh.

anything between 50-80 dollars will work out for you. try to avoid the cheapie "gel" chamois if you can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008 edited

^^gonads of steel, that one.

i like the mid-range cannondale stuff. i think they're called the domestique shorts, around $80 if you're looking for pretty good quality and not too expensive. i have some $40 crappy ones from pearl izumi that stink in comparison. i'd say it's worth it to spend at least $60, you'll be happier in the long run.

but maybe you'd rather talk to someone with experience putting the same bits and parts into the shorts as you plan to. i'm sure i have a different opinions on shorts than a dude would.
    I got some Trek bike shorts a while ago. I liked them a lot but the stitching on the chamois wasn't very good and it ended up coming out. If this is something going strictly under a pair of jeans or shorts, don't spend too much because nobody's going to see them. You can probably find a pair for $35 or so. If you're going for serious rides, just get bibs and take a dump before you put them on.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

i have been told D-vente shorts are nice and mesh and that Castelli are super comfortable. <-thoughts

I don't think i am ready for bibs yet...and i have a small bladder.boooyah
    ^I have some Gore bibs that are cut low enough that you can do the pull-down rather than the snake-through.

You're welcome, ladies.Word nerd
    • CommentAuthorG1220

ya man, i like the descente d-vente liners under jeans cause they're breatheable and easy enough to poop in... any long rides i'll wear bibs though; no worries about flashing the guy behind you or elastic digging into your waist.

either way, make sure that if you wind up having to lend them to someone, make sure that you don't forget to tell them not to put them in the dryer after they wash 'em...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

Rob Gigantic:just get bibs and take a dump before you put them on.

if boonen doesn't care about shitting his bibs, then none of us do either. he's a sexy, sexy man.
    all the 'normal' bibs and shorts i have are mid-range pearl izumi ones.
    the set of bibs i have from teams are either champion systems, vomax or nalini. i like the champion systems ones the best because they have a multi-piece chamois, whereas the vomax and nalini have a 1 or 2 piece chamois
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

anyone tried these swobos ?boooyah
    1) I just bought some Blackbottoms shorts online at the suggestion of one Jono Davis. I used the size chart on the website and based on ass and waist measurements fit perfectly into one size box. It took me like 10 minutes to pull them on, with LOTS of nice thread-popping sounds. Was that supposed to happen?

2) Regardless of the answer to part 1, I will probably buy a different pair because the Blackbottoms ones squeeze the fuck out of my above-the-knee-leg-fat. Any recommendations from the ladies? Lauren, do you still agree with yourself?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    My PI shorts sounded like they were popping threads when I first put them on, but they didn't take me ten minutes to get on...are they comfortable?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    yo honks, i like mine. they are PI something around $80 "select" something or other. i can show em to you. come over and we can chat.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    I can't get them up as high as I'd like cause of the elastic in the leg holes, but other than that they're comfy. I might have the skillz to get rid of the elastic without hurting the short, but...ehhhhhi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorjonodavis
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010

Sorry my suggestion turned into bunk :(
    nothing ever fits me, my waste to thigh proportions are way funky.joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited

^^er...I didn't actually mean to make you feel bad. your type knows nothing of teh leg fats.

well. kinda...i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I dunno about their offerings for the ladies, but Craft makes some nice shorts.
    Bibs > shorts.

Just sayin.

But when you do need shorts, midrange tends to be best.

I like my giordana and pearl ones.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010

^how do ya cut rope whilst rockin' bibs? i mean ya gotta take off yer jersey and all. seems a pain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited

Can't speak for no one else, but I wasn't distinguishing... my Craft shorts are bibs.

I do love bibs, but I have to say, when it gets wicked hot... there are times I wouldn't mind being in something without backstraps (admittedly the best option seems to be shimmying out of the straps, as you get the back-coolness of shorts with the non-binding waist of bibs).

PS: my Mavic shorts have a zipper.
    brunop:^how do ya cut rope whilst rockin' bibs? i mean ya gotta take off yer jersey and all. seems a pain.

Eh, not too much of a pain I find. Go before hand. If you gotta go while out for the ride, find somewhere to stop and do so. I mean, I tend to find actual places to stop, rather than finding a bush or something to go behind.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

Geekhouse Verge Bib. All the time. Right now, and I'm just sitting in class.enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited

Has anyone had a good experience with Sugoi products? For the money I spent on their products, they fell apart rather quickly. And their customer service sucks. I got my wife a pair of Sugoi running tights and they turned to shit within months. I took them back to REI and the customer service woman told us that these were the 3rd Sugoi product returned that day.

Anyway, I guess my point is I don't recomment Sugoi. At least their midrange products. My pearls are good though.
    pearl izumis rule. i like trishorts, can't stand thick chamois.

should probably pick up some bibs at some point.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

mynameisSHAH:nothing ever fits me, my waste to thigh proportions are way funky.

oh, my friend, i understandMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

Mr. Shelby:

if boonen doesn't care about shitting his bibs, then none of us do either. he's a sexy, sexy man.

Often, racer's diarrhea is caused by doping. One of my friends is a former racer and he describes in graphic detail all the squirts racers get.

yet another reason not to dope."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    Fancy:Has anyone had a good experience with Sugoi products? For the money I spent on their products, they fell apart rather quickly. And their customer service sucks. I got my wife a pair of Sugoi running tights and they turned to shit within months. I took them back to REI and the customer service woman told us that these were the 3rd Sugoi product returned that day.

Anyway, I guess my point is I don't recomment Sugoi. At least their midrange products. My pearls are good though.

Sugoi stuff sucks, in my experience with it just in my hands. Lousy stitching, lousy chamois design, shitty cut. If you're "trying to lose weight by cycling" they might be good (eg, you are "husky" and don't mind a very loose cut).

Pearl Izumi is eh. I don't like their stitching on their chamois, and they're pretty dumpy looking, outside of their expensive PRO line. That being said they're a good value more or less for their money. They also last a very long time.

I'm metsa metsa on Castinelli. I went through a pair of their bibs in a year until the chamois was more or less useless. Granted, I was only using one pair of bibs at the time, a pair of Descente bibs I had lasted/are still in much better shape than the Castinelli (even after a major seam ripping crash). Despite this, I bought another pair that seems to have a really good fit and nice leg grippers (non rubber band style).

Mavic is a good value brand IMO.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010

Gilbert:
    Mr. Shelby:

Often, racer's diarrhea is caused by doping. One of my friends is a former racer and he describes in graphic detail all the squirts racers get.

yet another reason not to dope.

isn't boonen a cokehead? cuz it's prolly the baby laxative they use to cut fishscale down to everyday snortin' coke that made him muss his drawers. but dang! i bet his saddle reeked after he sharted! and that chamois prolly was funky as hell too!
    Talk about a good day to be wearing trishorts.
    • CommentAuthorgc

why are those two racers riding geared bikes on what looks to be a velodrome?gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010 edited

finishing lap of the paris-roubaix, probably. it ends on the velodrome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

wear black shorts. i mean if yer gonna shit in 'em. lord jesus.
    sigg'd. fr real.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorAijca
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012

<p> <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>wedding dresess 2012</a> behind The Occasions mechanical watch unearthing the various from quartz watch aesthetic feeling <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/Mother-Of-The-Bride-Dresses.html>cheap wedding dresses</a> . <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>Bridesmaid Dresses</a> . . <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>wedding dress</a> And usually require upkeep, not so ideal <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>plus size wedding dresses</a> . , also became the greatest pleasure of wearing wrist watch. Be worth ponder is, even though the Japanese invented quartz watch . , but these days, but they to Switzerland manual wrist watch, particularly with Swiss numerous independent tabulation individuals almost two thirds with the orders came from Japan. They ll be produced by hand wrist watch in comparison to Japan and also the authentic master forging lang forging s sword. And also the sword of forging lang authentic the greatest characteristic is continuously burnish, it s stated that what he forged a Japanese sword every have four million floors steel and that indicates his in forging procedure </p>