Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008

even though ol' 'nop tries to be non-materialistic, his gal insists on givin' him stuff. she gave me a woolen shirt and this (which i think is purty cool):

my christmas present

it's a calendar she had made up with pics of my whips taken in the months they appear on!

what bike related stuff yall get (or give)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

got: lots of layers (mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..) and some sort of downhill DVD my ma found in some bargain bin at some NH bike shop

gave: some wheels to ma to tell her that i will have a bike ready for her in the springenjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^is it one of the seasons dvds? i love those.

i got a four bike rack for my room so that i don't have to have a bike pile-up on my floor anymore, and a nice 7-drawer toolbox to stash my burgeoning tool collection. and a mixer, b/c hand-mixing gnocchi dough and almond paste is just no fun.

:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

^it's called ROAM and it's made by "the collective" it looks pretty epic, but not as cool as a four bike rack. Santa just always knows huh?enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

ratattack:^is it one of the seasons dvds? i love those.

i got a four bike rack for my room so that i don't have to have a bike pile-up on my floor anymore, and a nice 7-drawer toolbox to stash my burgeoning tool collection. and a mixer, b/c hand-mixing gnocchi dough and almond paste is just no fun.

:)

hey rattatack! put up a pic of said rack please!
    i got nice rainpants and layers (woo) and a chase utley jersey and cool books (bukowski!) and DVDs (claymation christmas!) and a subscription to nature and a knitted monogrammed tt pad, haha.

evan = lucky dudeDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:i got nice rainpants and layers (woo)

i also got the third and fourth volumes of the complete peanuts, which is pretty rad.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

that's for my mountain, road, cross, and track racing bikes. i want to get a two-bike rack with my roommate for the living room so we can hang our commuters on it and stop scuffing up the walls. i can't wait to get back home and start putting it together.

and the collective are the same people who did seasons. if you or anyone would be up for a ride to bike dvd viewing in january, i'd be very down to watch it and would offer up my place to watch at. i love downhill dvds. it always makes me want to go for a ride and try harder. although i might need studded tires soon...has the snow cleared up in the boston area? i'm about to go for a ride in south jersey with shorts and a ss jersey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008 edited

^i can't see it!

edit--now i can! nice! where'd ya get it from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i ordered it off of QBP through the shop, it's made by conde. our walls in the apartment seem to have metal running through them instead of studs, it's weird. so i needed something that didn't mount to the wall and would be stable with four bikes on it. i didn't really trust the "gravity" racks that you could put back to back and two of those would have cost just as much. this will hopefully do the job.
    • CommentAuthortristan

I got a new copy of Zinn, some layers, and argyle smartwools. Yum argyle smartwools.
    Also, a giant, blown up shot of the tour de france smokers from the GF.
    ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

a motherfucking vacuum, son.

(and some other stuff).
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

gregtheripper:a motherfucking vacuum, son.

(and some other stuff).

that sucks. hardeeharhar!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

actually i really needed one and had no intention of buying one, so i am pretty happy about that.

i also made out with, how do you say, mad scrilla? loot? you know, good things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

ratattack:

that's for my mountain, road, cross, and track racing bikes. i want to get a two-bike rack with my roommate for the living room so we can hang our commuters on it and stop scuffing up the walls. i can't wait to get back home and start putting it together.

and the collective are the same people who did seasons. if you or anyone would be up for a ride to bike dvd viewing in january, i'd be very down to watch it and would offer up my place to watch at. i love downhill dvds. it always makes me want to go for a ride and try harder. although i might need studded tires soon...has the snow cleared up in the boston area? i'm about to go for a ride in south jersey with shorts and a ss jersey.

i knew the rack would be sweet if it found a cool way to hold four bikes. i did not know it would be cool enough to be made out of wood, i think thats the best whatcha get so fah.

i would be totally up for getting people to watch it together, on the back there is a man who looks like he is upwards of 65ft in the air. seriously, well not seriously well, now i don't know. but i guess we'll have to watch to find out.enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

gregtheripper:actually i really needed one and had no intention of buying one, so i am pretty happy about that.

i also made out with, how do you say, mad scrilla? loot? you know, good things.

-1 missing the pundongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

^wow, i'm braindead.

though that did just remind me of how i just received a sample of flavored oxygen, and when i spoke to the sales rep i said, "so it's like the periair in spaceballs, right?" which then lead to "she's gone from suck to blow" in my head. and that is what i should have been thinking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^greg, i went for a ride today and had a demons of stupidity song stuck in my head all day. the holiday bad-sweater party that just keeps on giving...it was the one about the amputated siamese twins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

wool cycling knickers BITCHES!
    • CommentAuthorgc

argyle smartwools sound pretty choice..gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Morgie:golf pants BITCHES!
    dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Already posted, but
    DannyWrecks:IMG00072

IMG00071
    dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

I got my first set of cycling pants with a chamois. I can't wait to wear them on a ride. I just got back into town so I might actually go out tonight if anyone is interested. The roads look really clear after the rain and warm weather we just had.

Also got pretty sweet Tubbs snowshoes (too bad the snow melted!)

and my sisters suprised me with a turkey deep fryer mmmmmmmThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    Morgie:wool cycling knickers BITCHES!

Jealous. Are they black?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthormauspad

fenders, balaclava, winter boots, multitool! commuter-rific!
    • CommentAuthor.

im going bike clothes and part shopping this weekend.
    which will still be a xmas present
    • CommentAuthortristan

Forgot to add, buying myself a new frame this weekend as a "blow your work bonus" gift. Oh, and to go with the new argyles. Peter Mooney steez :)ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy

plz to reference "today i love", also...

itunes gift card, a bunch of candy in my stocking, and half a vacation to california. :Dfuck art, let's ride bikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorFlashroute

A professional-grade sewing machine!!!!... I'm almost open for bid-naas!!! (see cycling me handmade hat pics in the accomplishments thread)Seeds Sewn: Re-Cycling Hatter of Boston... Only at OPEN Bicycle
    A big ole lump of cash (500), A few bucks (225) to the apple store, some nike base layer, a bunch of pots/pans, a floor lamp, some other vaguely useless items (some brookstone headlamp).

Once I get my work bonus, I'm ordering a new Mac Pro. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, but it's like, I haven't gotten a new computer in 6 years now!!!But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthor.

umm money, the gwen stefani charity mug, annie liebovitz photo book, stephen shore photo book, michael wolf photo book, camera lens (given to me a month prior), wall*e, dexter season 1, chrono trigger (olddd school), chi traveling set (mini flat irons yay!), and a kidrobot bag
    ^my friend wants to write a postcolonial analysis of chrono trigger. that is all.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

octopus magic:A few bucks (225) to the apple store!

a feww? who are you, roger klotz?enjoy two cosmetics
    • CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G

Cash, nike layers, Cuisinart Griddler Gourmet (so much better than a george forman), and MOOSE MUNCH!
    areyouamemberofELF:
    octopus magic:A few bucks (225) to the apple store!

a feww? who are you, roger klotz?

When it's going to a 4 figure computer it suddenly becomes very very few :(But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    this....

i think its arriving today... can...barely...contain...anticipation...I summoned it with my moustache...
    I asked for the separation of church and state, but Santa didn't come through on that one. Oh, well.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    BAHAHAHAHAHHAYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008

a loki jacket.
    a pair of jeans.
    and a book of scrabble crosswords!
    and nerds rope.

yes!out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

a balaclava, a couple headset wrenches, lube, pearl izumi lobster claws, some lights, moolah.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorhannaelise

a trip to Rome, and a food processor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremiah

Hitachi circular saw. Most excited!IRO-Torro
    •  
      CommentAuthorlingyyy

Pearl Izumi AmFIB tights, wool socks, and a yuppie phone.
    hannaelise:a trip to Rome...

WHAT!?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    books!
    'day of battle' - on ww2 in italy and sicily
    'american lion' - on andrew jackson
    'troublesome young men' - on churchill's first few days in the bunker
    'roadie' - on cyclist sterotypes
    wages of destruction' - on the nazi economy
    and some money that i'm putting towards 2 trips in the future (japan and the low-lands)
    LED Menorah
    Neverwhere graphic novel
    Some thermal shirts
    Some random doodads from my mom (cookie cutters that make the cookies look like bites have been taken out of them, and a sponge that looks like a microphone)
    Harmonica (which I need to learn to play)
    Some new chuck taylors

And since it makes sense for me to buy my own bike stuff, my mom and dad gave me some cash to get...
    Some new mtb shoes since my adidas are about dead - thinking some Sidi Dominator 5's
    A NightRider MiNewt USB
    and I think some other bits and bobs in terms of parts to get my beater up and running/shipped to boston and some tools for my collection.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorhannaelise
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008

chr|s sedition:
    hannaelise:a trip to Rome...

WHAT!?

Study Abroad.
    ^awesome. Enjoy it.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008

speaking of books
    someone gave me 'the quotable cyclist'
    Also
    I got shredder-scissors
    which are awesome.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008 edited

all i got was vet bills for my cat. and no more work.