Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008 edited

Hey. I just discovered this brand new site called daily mile: http://www.dailymile.com/

I'm just playing around with it now, but it seems to be kind of like a mix between twitter, social networking, and a workout/mileage logger. I think most of you folks ride bikes for transportation and fun more specifically than for fitness and training, and as do I, but I still am going to play around with this site a bit because it looks fun.

I've seen similar websites online like this, do any of you use them? What are your thoughts on this kind of stuff?

(btw: my username is Zomar on dailymile if you want to friend me!)
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008

DOH
    Ive been working on building an application that does exactly this for about a week now. Guess that one wont be my million dollar idea ><ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008

I've used this site before called weendure.com for logging cycling miles.
    It seems to have a bigger community for running and triathalons.

I haven't really logged my commutes; I should be.
    Now the iPhone has an app for MapMyride.com its pretty sweet.

I'm checking out this dailymile. thanks
    • CommentAuthorknapkin
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009

I'm on there...went for a 6 mile ride today...but its snowy and salty :(Western Mass Bikin
    • CommentAuthorjohn89
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2016

You should already be capable of comfortably completing a 60 mile ride and regularly logging 5-6 hours of riding time a week. ... Ideal for active non-cyclists or cyclists who've recently neglected their training