Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Dunno if the ladies are interested, but the chance of getting a free bike seems pretty cool. Anyways, figured I'd pass it along.

PERKS FOR WOMEN WHO RIDE
    A brand-new Trek Women Specific Design (WSD) bike that fits their riding style
    Trek cycling gear that’s specifically made for women
    Fitness, training and maintenance tips from Trek cycling experts

WHAT IT ENTAILS
    Comfortable blogging for a public audience
    Open to sharing personal experiences
    Willing to invite discussion, comments and tips from an online audience
    Able to reply to audience within 48 hours
    Able to access a broadband Internet connection
    Available for three days of training
    A legal resident of the U.S. and at least 21 years of age
    Willing to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity release
    Willing to participate the entire length of the program (April 30, 2009 to May 1, 2010)

Details hereclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    i don't think any women on here would do that.
    ^eh, I would generally agree, but figured I'd share the info.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009

i just sent in my application.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

i just sent in your application too.out of true.
    "Why would a woman need a 58cm Madone 6.9, Phil?"

"I dunno but the name sounds like a girl. Tristan? Definitely a chick."

"Alright, send it on out."But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

all you Jesse's better get in on this and fast!out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Yes, there are no women who can ride a 58.

The very idea. Laughable.dongpincher 1000
    Would a blogger really know what to do with a Madone 6.9?But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Would a... you still working the mailroom?dongpincher 1000
    Yep. I would know how to write fake updates and sell it on eBay.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

kilgore_trout:i don't think any women on here would do that.

wait, why would i not do that for free training, bike, and apparel? not to mention supporting the women's cycling community, which i am all for bolstering. maybe i could convince them that women ride in cold weather so they'd start making heavy-duty gloves and shoes in my size!

nice job though, gary, on saying "women" instead of more scientific terms.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009

octopus magic:Yep. I would know how to write fake updates and sell it on eBay.

Damn you for perpetuating the myth that Tristan is a girl's name.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    trizzt:

Damn you for perpetuating the myth that Tristan is a girl's name.

It's my name, I get to do what I want. MAD FACE.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthortristan

octopus magic:
    trizzt:

It's my name, I get to do what I want. MAD FACE.

It's my name too, dammit, and Ill bitch if I please!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    should i bring ice cream to the bitchfest?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    trizzt:
    octopus magic:
    trizzt:

It's my name, I get to do what I want. MAD FACE.

It's my name too, dammit, and Ill bitch if I please!

SO THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE.... WHEN DOVES CRY.....But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthortristan

Ice cream?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    well, you were both bitching. and when i do that with my friends, we like to eat ice cream. get it?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthortristan

I like ice cream.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    I like Ike.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth

I'm totally going to get ice cream. YEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
    ratattack:
    kilgore_trout:i don't think any women on here would do that.

wait, why would i not do that for free training, bike, and apparel? not to mention supporting the women's cycling community, which i am all for bolstering. maybe i could convince them that women ride in cold weather so they'd start making heavy-duty gloves and shoes in my size!

nice job though, gary, on saying "women" instead of more scientific terms.

are YOU actually going to go commit a year's worth of time so you can get a fucking trek?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i dunno. i can take up blogging, that's all it requires. other than a few days of personal training. horrors. i could use a nice hardtail mountain bike? :D but gear and stuff. that's awesome.
    i filled this out yesterday at work (it was a slow day). free gear is free gear..
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009

I'd pose as a women for that belt drive commuter bike with an internally geared hub and fenders.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Woohooo!!! My wife was just selected as one of the 2009 Women Who Ride. Proud of my lady - sounds like there were thousands of applications. She wrote a great essay, had a long interview, and finally got the call tonight after waiting two weeks.

Trek's flying her to Wisconsin in 2 weeks, letting her choose her new Madone WSD(not kidding!), giving her some schwag, giving her some Trek orientation, and getting her started writing her blog. Pretty damn cool.

**Many thanks to estratton for sharing this contest. I rarely check in here anymore, but was excited to see this posted.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009

Holy crap, thats awesome. Congrats on the a bikey wifey.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    That's fucking awesome, David! Congrats to your wife!Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009

Good to hear the bike's going to a good person- post a link to the blog when it's up and running.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    endurance.nirvana:Woohooo!!! My wife was just selected as one of the 2009 Women Who Ride. Proud of my lady - sounds like there were thousands of applications. She wrote a great essay, had a long interview, and finally got the call tonight after waiting two weeks.

Trek's flying her to Wisconsin in 2 weeks, letting her choose her new Madone WSD(not kidding!), giving her some schwag, giving her some Trek orientation, and getting her started writing her blog. Pretty damn cool.

**Many thanks to estratton for sharing this contest. I rarely check in here anymore, but was excited to see this posted.

AWESOME! Very welcome man. Glad to hear of Boston folks winning!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    david is an awesome dude, and everything he (and other's) have told me about his wife makes her an awesome lady.
    glad someone deserving is getting it.
    • CommentAuthorAijca
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012

<p>really a Limited Edition Hublot piece Tags.Hublot, Limited Edition . , piece ? At some point and time, <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>affordable evening dress</a> you’ll most likely have to shop within the women’s unique occasion dresses department for a particular event <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>ball gowns evening dresses</a> . . Whilst these dresses aren t day to day apparel, theya?re enjoyable to shop for and purchase simply because in the event you dona?t frequently get the chance to dress up <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/Flower-Girl-Dresses.html>prom dresses 2012</a> . <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>Cheap Evening Gowns</a> , wearing a unique dress is your chance to shine. Unique Occasions You might have to purchase fancy dresses for occasions like.Weddings Charity balls Debutante balls Proms Cocktail parties Following five events Quinceañera parties 1 of the greatest events in any womana?s life is her wedding day. Nevertheless <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>sexy wedding dresses</a> . , unique occasion dresses won t only be needed for the bride, but also for her attendants, the bridea?s mother and also the grooma</p>