Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorunit
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009 edited

Ive been looking for a place where I could purchase a motorized bicycle kit for my 21 speed. most of the websites I've googled on the matter look wicked sketch. Does anyone have any info/can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated.
    http://www.derringercycles.com/bikes.htm

Awesome looking imho.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009 edited

That derringer *does* look pretty damn cool.
    Last motor-pedaller I saw rode my ass up mass ave, then decided to run the red light @ prospect and mass ave and caused traffic to cause to a skidding stop on both sides. Please dont be that guy.
    Anyways, Motored Bikes is a forum that caters to motorized bikes... they'd probably know a bit more about what you're lookin for.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009

uh, you guys know that this is an open registration forum, right? you're especially polite to spammers.
    • CommentAuthortristan

meh, not really spam if they're just asking a loosely related question without posting any links, suggesting junk, etc... I thought about whether to reply with hate or help; help won out.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

electric bike? fuck outta here.
    Not a spammer, a troller. And I thought it was a pretty nice way to deal with a troller.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

brunop:electric bike? fuck outta here.

Were i ever to get myself in the family way, i'd seriously take a look at the xtracycle+stokemonkey kit.

Also, isn't there someone on the boards who works with one of the electric assist new amsterdam trikes?Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    Why would I ride on a fucked up, half assed moped when I can buy a MOTORCYCLE? If I'm gonna put a motor between my legs, it's gonna be a big one.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

troller, yes. better term than spam. usually, i just ignore them.

and tristan, many jokes could be made about you feeling the need to put something substantial between your legs. many, many jokes. i will refrain. :)
    • CommentAuthorcindierock

there's a moped for sale outside of 881 Comm Ave, it's nicely embedded in a snow bank on the sidewalk :-P...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

ratattack:tristan, many jokes could be made about you feeling the need to put something substantial between your legs. many, many jokes. i will refrain. :)

I will simply +1 this... too easy..
    ratattack:troller, yes. better term than spam. usually, i just ignore them.

and tristan, many jokes could be made about you feeling the need to put something substantial between your legs. many, many jokes. i will refrain. :)

You don't think I don't know that?But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    i prefer this troller's questions to many of the other things said/asked by 'legit members'
    • CommentAuthorunit

Yes motorcycles are nice for people with money to spare, However someone on a fixed budget such as me will be fine with 80cc's instead of an impractical 750cc's, seeing how I don't live way out in the burbs. O and thnks much trizzt for the link, it helped out alot.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009

this guy comes into broadway alot to work on his own bike he motorized a dahon folding bike and added solar cells to solar charge the battery pretty awesomeThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world