Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009 edited

I know there's another ride going on Sunday, but Meghan (gemathy) and I had been planning on meeting up tomorrow morning at 11:30 to get some delicious brunch in JP and then ride. No real route plan at this point other than heading to the Arboretum and seeing where the wind takes us. Depending on how many people are interested, we could grab food at alchemist, centre st, dogwood, savant project, vee vee ... who's down?Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    • CommentAuthorpete
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009

sunday mornings are amazing! let's do it!
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Brunch at centre street is the worst idea. You will end up waiting in line for hours.
    Nothing is worth waiting in line for on a sunday morning.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley

Oh, I know ... I have spent plenty o' time waiting in that line on a Sunday.Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    i was planning on going to the arboretum tomorrow, so I am definitely in!
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

I am so looking forward to the weather. I hope there's lots of sun!!

yeah, centre st. is too much waiting. and my food is always cold. I think alchemist or dogwood has the most space for a bigger group. I haven't been to savant project in a while. vee vee is the best breakfast but it's small in there. but I'm happy with whatever.

looking forward to meeting people tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

oh also, the other thread says the other bike ride is cancelled due to unfortunate bike circumstances. :(
    • CommentAuthorpete

if we have a kitchen to use, we could totally do brunch ourselves, no waiting! tofu scramble burritos for the win!
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

I'd love to host that sometime, but my house is a wreck right now. Maybe in a few weeks. I <3 brunch parties.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

so where does this meet, I am down, also at some later date I could host said brunch...I make a MEAAAAN tofu scrambler.this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorpete

veggie planet brunch isn't super-crazy at 11:30, but it's on the other side of the river.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley

Well, if you guys would rather just make brunch together, I am totally down for that too and can host. My place is fairly small, but I've got room for 8 tops. I'm not really sure how the logistics of getting food items here would work, but I live within a mile or so to a whole foods, shaw's and trader joe's. I make some mean banana pancakes (vegan) and hashbrowns and it looks like we have some tofu experts. And I live right near the SW corridor.Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

fuck'n vegans.. bacon, potatoe, egg, cheese breakfast tacos are where it's at..
    • CommentAuthorpete

whatever works. i'm mostly excited for the weather!
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

i'm in for whatever :) I can also host but you guys would have to come to somerville which I think is kind of far away...this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorpete

i'm in somerville, but fine taking a trip to jp!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009 edited

Okay, so new plan: why don't we meet up at CSC on the Mass Ave side at 11:00, figure out what we want to make and head to the grocery store together. Bring your bigger bike bags and we got it made. And then, of course, make brunch at my place. yeah yeah yeah!Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

^awesome plan, and for those of you not in the know csc is christian science center...

I think I am going to make tofu and egg and cheese burritos, or you can leave the egg and cheese out if that is not your thing

go bikes go!this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorpete

if there's enough snow melt to get to get out to my garden, i'll bring kale.
    • CommentAuthorsqueaky

This sounds awesome. I want to come!
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

good plans all around. bkfst burritos sound goooooood!I'd say see you at 11 but I am always late, so see you at approximately 11!
    I gonna try my best to be there at 11 and am excited for thisI don't play with muthafuckas cuz this shit be real
    I get off work @ 12, I might just show up for the ride... someone (warman?), give me a call at noon if you would,

seven zero 3-four zero 7-seven nine 88I summoned it with my moustache...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

Anyone wanna roll tandem style?.

Hit me up if so, I has basket and boombox with ipod hook up. Perfect for brunch rides.
    • CommentAuthoralex_p

this sounds super sick! I can get down..
    • CommentAuthorgemathy
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009

ok. CUL8R.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChicagoKarl
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009 edited

wut wut in the butt.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreggman

I believe it's a brunch and BIKE, Karl.Ella: Not that I would EVER even THINK of taking the T (mainly because my penis is too large to fit in it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

karl, stop confusing me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

was fun, would do again...seriously all of you guys rock :)this wont hurt a bit...
    Good time and cant wait to see the no handed burrito eating pictures and snowbank crash video. Hopefully it's this nice again next sunday so we can do it againI don't play with muthafuckas cuz this shit be real
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

I had fun too...despite ditching out. There's no way I was getting up that hill. When I told my friends you guys went up the hill they were absolutely horrified. I totally have the right friends. But I had a nice time riding at the bottom with some little girls and some nuns and chatted with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. Sorry if leaving was strange. I would like to do it again too. It was good to meet all of you! I can host any time after this coming weekend.
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

where is the video?boooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009

I will put the video and pics up tonight...I had to do laundry and stuff...this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

what hill???MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

stilgar:i'm in for whatever :) I can also host but you guys would have to come to somerville which I think is kind of far away...

hey 'gar, i thought you wuz reppin' dot.
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

fmradio516:what hill???

at the arboretum. just not something I can do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

brunop:
    stilgar:i'm in for whatever :) I can also host but you guys would have to come to somerville which I think is kind of far away...

hey 'gar, i thought you wuz reppin' dot.

Had to relocate, but still holding it down for dot in my heart

gemathy:
    fmradio516:what hill???

at the arboretum. just not something I can do.

I saw how fast you got that cruiser going! You can do that hill, your brain just doesn't know it yet! You were fast as hell on that thing!this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley

I had a ton of fun guys - wish I could have hung out later. I will also be posting no-handed burrito eating photos later today. Let's do this again!Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

Next Sunday? My house? (or the little park in front of Toscinini's) More riding-less ice cream? (you have no idea the pain it causes me to type that) Who's in?this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

I am taking my mom to the movies on sunday. But she might stand me up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley

This lady is in, fo' sho.Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

Ok well one maybe, and one for sure is enough to go for it...I am sure more people will fold to the temptation of the ride as time goes on, plus when we show them the no handed burrito eating, I am sure I wont have enough room to accommodate such a hoard...so I will start planning a route.this wont hurt a bit...
    Yea I'm in and I'm excited you don't live super far away from meI don't play with muthafuckas cuz this shit be real
    • CommentAuthorsqueaky

Make it three definitelys for the ride next week. I maaayyybe even be down with another ridiculous dare....
    •  
      CommentAuthormheald

not sure if this is open invite or not but I'm down for a ride if I don't have work.photography
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

oh it so is open to everyone! Although only so many people can fit into my house...so if it gets really huge we might have to rethink the whole brunch in my kitchen part of the plan, but I am sure it will all work out.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthormheald

cool i'll see you then.photography
    I'm down to do it again too, yay!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley

title changed appropriately!Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.