Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

There is no fucking way Evan was blonde for three years.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    and that was bold for you to call that photoshop!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ROOM IN MAH HOUSE OPENING UP.

Roommate skipping out on the lease because she's moving in with her boyfriend.
    600 a month plus utilities (approx 75-100/month) FREE HEAT. High speed internet, no cable. One kitteh, white, attention whore. Free air conditioner in the summer. Cool landlord(s) i.e. he remodeled my bathroom because "Eeh, I felt like it needed it." (it didn't but is rad anyway)

Big house. Big living room, lots of bike space, nice area of Brighton, Bros upstairs turn off their music when you ask and are okay people. Porch times, huge stoop. 1711 commonwealth avenue. First floor: don't lug your bike up seven flights of stairs. large Galley Kitchen, gas stove, plenty of closets and storage. We all play guitar and ride bikes too.

Your room would be compact (long and thin) but the size of the rest of the house kinda makes up for that.

GORGEOUS view of sunsets over newton.

Whisper if interested. available ASAP.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    as if to drive this landlord awesomeness home, this exchange happened today:

Roommate: "Hey Harvey, the oven isn't working. There's no gas coming out. The stovetop is fine, just the oven is out."
    Harvey: "You check pilot? Try to light?"
    Roommate: "er, yes. there is no gas coming out."
    Harvey: "You pay gas bill, yes?"
    Roommate: "Yes, the stove works. the oven is not working."
    Harvey: "I kid. I get you new stove, this afternoon."
    Roommate: "What? Uh, couldn't you just see about fixing it?"
    Harvey: "Stove too old. You get new one this afternoon. Edgar will bring it by."
    *click*

sure enough, new stove in my apartment right now.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011

Holy Shit. Can we get that dude an award?I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    he also speaks with the best slavic accent ever. and chased away the comcast guys who were accosting us on movein day.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011

my new apartment has a bidet. for my butthole and honored guest's buttholes."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    ^WANTsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthordoug?
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2011

I need a roommate for Dec 1st, right outside Union Sq in Somerville, until April. (Our lease is up then, and the landlords are looking to sell the house). Nice 3br with hardwood floors, plenty of open space in a quiet neighborhood. $425 a month, first and security to move in. Whisper with any questions or if you'd like to take a look at the place.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2011 edited

CraigwithScissors:as if to drive this landlord awesomeness home, this exchange happened today:

Roommate: "Hey Harvey, the oven isn't working. There's no gas coming out. The stovetop is fine, just the oven is out."
    Harvey: "You check pilot? Try to light?"
    Roommate: "er, yes. there is no gas coming out."
    Harvey: "You pay gas bill, yes?"
    Roommate: "Yes, the stove works. the oven is not working."
    Harvey: "I kid. I get you new stove, this afternoon."
    Roommate: "What? Uh, couldn't you just see about fixing it?"
    Harvey: "Stove too old. You get new one this afternoon. Edgar will bring it by."
    *click*

sure enough, new stove in my apartment right now.

definitely read that in this guy's accent

no bowl STICK, STICK!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2011

Obo:Holy Shit. Can we get that dude an award?

can we get your landlord to kick my landlord in the asshole? i'll pay himMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    KALKALASH!
    mountain dew or crab juice?
    EEEEEEEEEWWWW! I'll have a crab juice.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2011

:D YESSSSMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

CraigwithScissors:as if to drive this landlord awesomeness home, this exchange happened today:

For reference, i have an identical broken oven. I'm having trouble getting my landlord to a) admit that we exist or b) accept that we have an oven, much less fix the problem.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorMJ

howl:

For reference, i have an identical broken oven. I'm having trouble getting my landlord to a) admit that we exist or b) accept that we have an oven, much less fix the problem.

Moving to an extreme step I guess, possible, and speak with a lawyer before you do it. Lots of other steps involved but I'm sure you can find them with google.

Rent Withholding
    The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled that when a landlord fails to maintain a dwelling in habitable condition, a tenant may properly withhold a portion of the rent from the date the landlord has notice of this breach of warrant of habit-ability. Rent withholding can be a useful tool to force repairs, but it is a serious step and should be dealt with carefully. You may want to get legal advice before withholding your rent since the landlord may try to evict you for non-payment of rent.

You may withhold a portion of your rent if:

You have appealed to your landlord in writing to make the necessary repairs or
    Your local Board of Health has inspected your apartment and found health code violations and notified your landlord or
    You are current in your rent up until the time your landlord learns of the problem, you are not the cause of the problem, and the unsanitary conditions do not require the apartment to be vacated to make repairs.
    Deciding how much to withhold is based on each situation. You need only pay the fair rent for your unit given its defective condition. Once the landlord has repaired all defects, the tenant must pay all withheld rent (M.G.L. c. 239, § 8A).

Repair and Deduct
    You may make emergency repairs in an apartment or common living area and deduct up to four months future rent to pay for them, if three conditions are met:

The local Board of Health or other code enforcement agency has certified that the present conditions endanger your health or safety; and
    The landlord receives written notice of the existing violations from the inspecting agency; and
    The landlord is given five days from the date of notice to begin repairs or to contract for outside services and 14 days to substantially complete all necessary repairs. (The inspecting agency or court may shorten this time frame.)
    Remember: If you contract to make repairs and then deduct the cost from the rent, you must retain a receipt. Further, if the costs are deemed to be unreasonable, you will only be able to deduct that portion which is reasonable.

If you qualify under the requirements of “repair and deduct,” you may treat your lease as void. You then have the right to move out if you choose not to make repairs. However, you must pay the fair rental value for the period you occupied the apartment, and you must vacate within a reasonable period of time (M.G.L. c. 111, § 127L).
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011 edited

Jesus fucking christ. One of the new roomies is bailing after 2 months so I have to go through this fun process again.
    SLOW HOUSE has an opening.
    Many of you know the place. Washington and Green St. in JP, available from either 12/15 or 1/1 through August 31st with the option to renew.
    It's very inexpensive ($441.25/mo with a five-way split on utilities, first and last to secure it) and you'll get to live with me, Shah, and two other wonderful people who are not always home. It's on a busy corner, so it's loud and I often sleep with ear plugs, but you can't beat the price or the company and the rooms are HUGE (14'x16', plus a closet).
    Bonus: Shakir lives above us and there's a chance he'll ask you to do shots with him from a vodka bottle in a paper bag. mrotown used to live above us many moons ago. Every once in a while, Alexi will show up drunk.
    I just want someone that can deal with the neighborhood, cleans up their own messes, can tolerate a degree of clutter in the apartment, and is willing to stick through the end of the lease.
    We're obviously very bike friendly and cats are welcome.
    Despite the way I opened this post, I'm actually excited to meet new people and change things up a bit. Give me a shout if you want to hear more.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011

Pretty much everybody lived above that apartment at one point.
    Those were pretty much my prime years.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Sean did you used to live with Nick?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011

Large room in Lower Allston available, move-in somewhat flexible, Jan 1 or Dec 1. $697.50/mo, heat included, low utils, BIG APARTMENT. 2br with 5 rooms total, lots of storage, free street parking, super close to all of the things.
    • CommentAuthorspokenword
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011 edited

friend of mine has a room in a 2-BR in Arlington (just north of Arlington Center) available. $760/mo. Apartment is fairly big and is the entire first floor of a two family. Includes shared driveway, free laundry and basement space. Friend in question is a fairly deep bike nerd with retro tendencies, and is also a bio geek who will school you on Wing Chun kungfu and Russian kettlebell lifting if you're so inclined to learn. Landlord lives upstairs and was my old roommate from just after college. He's pretty cool too, and can school you on European industrial music, tai chi and mahjongg.

The basement, as you might expect, has a pretty decent bike work area and lots of storage. He usually has anywhere between three to five project bikes going at any one time.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/roo/2690548506.html
    that sounds like a pretty awesome living arrangement...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    seriously, sounds super legitsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    WE'RE ON A BRIDGE, CHARLIE!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    THE MAGICAL LIOPLEURIDON HAS SHOWN US THE WAYNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorunit
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011

Room available 2/1/2012 in a spacious 3 story duplex with full amenities (huge kitchen, 2 full bathrooms and free laundry in the basement). Room is large with a closet. Ideally we're looking for a layed back individual who keeps up with their bulk of household responsibility. The 5 other roomates are friendly and super respectful and the common areas are large enough that every one can have a cushy buffer of personal space. We are definitely bicycle oriented in this house but by no means will that be considered a determining factor.
    Additionally, you'd be living with the 4 most attractive and interesting people on this forum: Myself (Paul Jameson), Dora (Dora), Eddie (UncleAndross), and Alex (Rock Death). And one even more attractive and interesting gentleman. Also, shit's in lower allston. Also the rent's cheap, 420 plus utilities and a $2 monthly service fee.

(That service fee thing was just so I could say the rent was 420, it's 422, last time I checked.)You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012

We've got a room opening up Feb 1'st in our apartment, located between harvard and porter square. Rent is 650 a month, including heat/hw. Other utilities (electric, gas, DSL) run to 20 a month. Laundry is in the building.
    Large bike/storage room with bike stand and a fairly complete set of tools.

Share with two postdocs: myself and a fellow who does neuroscience at MGH. Interests include biking, hiking, aviation, books & NPR.

-howellTroglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012

I'm looking for a room by about March, can't really do more than $500... As close as possible to Union Sq in Somerville. I've been told that I'm "too quiet and nice" for this house and was told to find a different living situation. Seriously, this happened... Let me know if you have any leads. Thanks."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    who are you?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Amanda Buerger. Sorry, should have composed that better. Just real frustrated at the moment.. Some people on this forum might know me from MPP, B2C2, Northeastern, etc. I'm apparently not cool enough to live in the same house as Buckley."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    mmk. well that sucks im sorry. i can't help ya though. good luck.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    no one is cool enough to live in the same house as buckleyTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I love bike house drama.
    I, for one, would like to hear more.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^ my guess is herpes
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2012

^Again and always, Scruffy wins.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012

THE COMMODORE:I love bike house drama.
    I, for one, would like to hear more.

There's no real drama about it. Pretty much just boils down to the fact that grown adults shouldn't live with passive aggressive 20 year olds.

So. That being said... If anyone is interested in a room in Somerville between Union and Porter Square, get at me or Buckley. Available 2/1, rent is cheap, place is nice, and you get to live with rad folks. Happy to answer any questions, send photos, give a tour, and all that fun stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012

And we're getting a new couch in march or April, too.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012

Well, I had no intention of responding to this, but now I'm forced to. I'm guessing that 'passive aggressive' here means 'didn't bother you all year, put up with the occasional mocking, and was hurt and upset when you suddenly ripped my home away from me without warning or reason'. Great place though, I'd recommend it to whoever happens to get along perfectly with these people. Fair warning: the room is really cold."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    A lot of people are passive aggressive and don't actually know or realize it because they've always been like that or were raised around people who are passive aggressive. One of my roommates is painfully passive aggressive. She's fine in person, but she has yet to sleep at the apartment she leased with us because she lives with her boyfriend, and periodically emails us incredibly passive aggressive notes to complain that she's paying 600 dollars for a closet and wants us to find a sublet because she's too lazy to. But she'll never admit to being passive aggressive.

That said, I don't know you and don't know the circumstances.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012 edited

that doesn't sound passive aggressive, craig. that just sounds annoying. if she's outright stating that she wants you guys to find a sublet for her there's nothing passive about it. you just signed a lease with an immature person who lacks foresight, is complain-y, and wants other people to take care of her problems for her.

ps. buckley et al, can we please not turn this into forum poo-flinging? sounds like all parties are hurt/frustrated and this sure isn't gonna help any. i hope you all resolve your new housing and are happier in the end.
    It's more passive aggressive than annoying because she words the emails all syrupy sweet and then they're just like "fuck you guys"Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL

^Thank you Lauren!

That being said...OMG DRAMAZ etc etc....moving on, back to posting apartments, yo.
    Oh wait Andy is passive aggressive? I thought you were talking about buckley, he's aggressively passive.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

It takes a lot of hard work to get like this.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    Truth.

PS if anyone wants to live with me + two hotties, 600 dollars a month, h/hw included, big big house, compact room. Plenty o bike room. Kitty. Lots of food. First floor.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^Does hj's included mean what i thinks it means?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    Whoooops. ;)Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt