Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012

Bullshit. You KNOW I had my checkbook ready, tooThe kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    was gonna ask why i never got a hj when i come overTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012 edited

Buckley!:Bullshit. You KNOW I had my checkbook ready, too
    ditto..
    though i could just visit..somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Looking for any place on the red line that is: $500ish a month after utilities, and doesn't mind me keeping two ferrets in my room (who will do fucking super cute shit for you and not stink up anything).
    •  
      CommentAuthorlazerwolf
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012

I have one room to rent in a two bedroom, 5 room apartment.

First floor in a three floor house.
    Newly renovated bathroom.
    Large front Living Room with big bay windows.
    Large Kitchen/Dinning Room Combo.
    Nice quiet neighborhood.
    5 min. walk to both Franklin Park and the Arboretum.
    Easy access to the Linear Park Bike trail.

The location is very convenient, the place is literally a 3 min. walk from the Forest Hills stop on the Orange Line.

I am currently at BU grad student studying Theatrical Lighting Design. I keep very busy hours, but enjoy having a welcoming place to come back to.

I am very easy going as long as shared spaces are kept tidy! I'm a pretty chill guy, nothing too crazy. Like I said, I keep busy, but I do enjoy having the ocasional dinner party. Nothing crazy, just a few friends.

I would prefer to share the space with another Grad student or a young professional. Male or Female, no preference. LGBT Friendly.

If you're interested, give me a shout! Move in date is whenever between March 1-15.
    • CommentAuthorlos!
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2012

my wife and i are looking for a pet friendly 1 bedroom for may 1. we are looking in allston, brighton, waltham, watertown, newton, and the surrounding areas. our budget is 1250. you guys have any leads? craigslist is exhausting.

thanks.ride fast drink hard
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012

I have a room opening up in my apartment june 1 (i assume, exact date undetermined).
    $500/mo, quietest street in allston with free (no permit needed) parking and a great landlord.

must like/tolerate bikes. a lot. lots of bikes. you must like them.

get in touch if interested, thanks y'all.RIDE METAL
    i.e. you must like/tolerate living with the bike version of a drug lord.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2012

I am need of a place to park a motorcycle, starting tomorrow. Willing to pay a reasonable amount. It is not currently running, and I intend to do the necessary fix-up work over the next couple months. I need to be able to access it, but being parked in isnt a big deal since it does not currently run.
    I would prefer something close to my house (Allston).

Thanks!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2012

Spot secured!

Thanks folks.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2012

Looking for a bedroom in JP starting June 1. No kitties. Any leads on openings or good neighborhoods to look?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorSwahny
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

Looking for a bedroom around Cambridge/Allston for this summer and beyond. Anything out there?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

OH YEA ITS THAT TIME AGAIN
    biek haus has a room opening up for june 1!
    must:
    be able to deal with a lot of bikes
    be able to be around a kitty
    be wanting to participate in a house that has chores and a dishes list and stuff like that
    be able to pay rent somehow
    be able to live with a bunch of assholes
    etc.

the room is really nice and big and sunny
    it's like...$470 or something like that
    LA.
    most of you have been there

i'm away for the weekend, so email, call or text me cuz i prob won't be on the forum again until Monday
    or get in touch with paul or alex or grahamMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

ps - ben. eff JP. move to LA!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    You can also contact me. Must smell Okay, look hott.

whisper that shit.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Did you guys list on craigslist, or is that a different bike-themed house with a cat?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012

dora:ps - ben. eff JP. move to LA!

You've got a kitty. WACHOO."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2012

josh_truant:Did you guys list on craigslist, or is that a different bike-themed house with a cat?

as far as i know, we didn't post on CL

all set with having rando roommates!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    I need housing!Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012 edited

Hey, all! I might be taking a room @ Dora's haus in Allston, but I still want to spread my net wide just in case. Here's my deal:

I'm a 26-year old artistic working
    professional looking for a room in a place to call home for June 1rst in the $500-$700 range.
    I'm extremely neat, laid-back, quiet, busy,
    and am responsible and stable financially and otherwise. I'm very open and
    communicative, social and friendly, and am huge on keeping common
    areas (bathroom and
    kitchen especially)clean. I adore good food, watching movies,
    adventuring, wine, cooking, riding my bike, and music. I'm not
    into throwing huge parties at the house, but am all about having some
    friends over for dinner soirees, etc.
    I also have a french bulldog named Tobias.
    He doesn't bark, is housebroken/crate-trained,
    non-destructive, and people/cat/other-dog friendly- pure love and joy.
    In addition, I'm happy to provide several local references from
    past roommates/landlords who can vouch for my sanity and awesomeness.

HOLLER ATTA LADY!

CorinnaMelanie@gmail.com"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012 edited

WOAH thanks for all the emails, friends!!! Tobias and I found an amazing place with Mr. Whitney and his kick-ass lady."...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012 edited

Room at my place on Mission Hill, $400 plus utilities
    Small room but only comes furnished with book shelf and floor lamp.
    Available now till September 1st.

I live there with my roommate Brenden (male, 28) and his 2 year old dog, zoey.
    Zoey:
    Photobucket

We have a porch and roof access with an amazing view of Boston, projector, pantry, and located next to hillside market.roz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrumbles
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012 edited

Nevermind.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2012

Okay maybe considering moving to JP again. June 1, no cats please. Anyone have leads?

(Please don't ask my roommates if you can move in to my current place without talking to me first)"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012 edited

I'm looking for a place to move into September 1st (or sometime in August). Willing to pay as much as $750/mo for a room, but am flexible and obviously wanting to pay less than that. Don't really care where as long as its in Boston/Cambridge/Sommerville/Watertown/Brookline/Newton/South Medford/Arlington. [edit: this statement redacted due to, upon reflection on it and feedback, deciding the wording is bad. if you think i'm an idiot for redacting this statement, fine.]

-I'm a 24 year old straight guy, and comfortable living with people of all self-identities.
    -I work 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday thru Friday at a career kind of job for the indefinite future.
    -My biggest interests are bicycle riding, bikes, running, food/cooking, far left politics / labor issues. I usually do things related to those when I'm not working.
    -I'm vegan 95% of the time but don't care what others eat around me.
    -I drink a little bit of alcohol, don't smoke or do any drugs. I don't want to live in a place where smoking cigarettes inside is allowed or has a heavy drug/alcohol culture.
    -I am extremely responsible and secure financially and consider myself to be very trustworthy.
    -I like helping out around the house (especially cooking)
    -I don't mind a small room, I don't own a lot of stuff, but I do have 3 bikes that I need to keep inside (my room if they fit is fine).
    -I'm really really easy going and flexible and pretty much never complain about my roommates not being good roommates or whatever.
    -I've lived with of ton of different people over the past 5 years and consider myself very good at respecting other roommates needs, desires, space, boundaries, etc.
    -I'm pretty clean and neat with my personal space and in common areas but don't really mind how messy or clean other people are, even in common spaces.

If you are looking for another person to live with and I sound like someone who might work out, or you know someone who might like me in their place, please let me know. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012

"I don't want to live in a neighborhood that's like 99% people of color, because I'm white and am going pretty okay for myself financially and think gentrification is whack."

I don't think that sounds how you think it sounds.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah. i had the same thought. i know you're well-meaning, chris, but i can't get behind that statement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

Not sure how you two are interpreting what I said, but for many reasons I don't want to be the only apartment of one or two year leasing white post-college/in-college kids living in the a low-to-middle income, mostly black or latino neighborhood of family and people who have lived their their whole lives. Poor white punks, artists and college kids pave the way for yuppies pave the way for increased rent and condos and displaced long-term residents. Same story, different neighborhood, every time, every city. I've been there and done that and I don't want to be part of it anymore. If you disagree, whatever, but I don't want to argue about gentrification here.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Aren't you the Occupy kid that keepitreal keeps making fun of? I'm starting to take his side.

EDIT: We know how gentrification works. You still sound ridiculous. For one thing, there are also poor white people in Boston...and the world.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

Yes, I played a role in the founding of the Dewey Square encampment and specifically getting the Food Tent up and running at Occupy Boston. I was one of the main coordinators of that for the first month or so of the encampment. I don't know who keepitreal is, nor do I think I really even talked about Occupy on this forum, except for maybe one post or two but i dont remember because i wasn't really active on here then, but he likes to troll me everytime I make any comment related to financial/political issues or a ride i'm going to do.
    ok, so:
    jp was gentrified long before everyone here started moving there, and whole foods did not factor into this
    occupy is what's really whack
    there are also wealthy people of color in boston as well as poor white people
    you would rather live in a place that has artificially higher property values because it has been 'white for longer' than live in a place that better suits your budget because you fear you'll be evicting the 'poorer people of color' who live there?
    what becomes the priority for you, color-alliances or class-alliances?

this is also a dumb as all fuck discussion
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

kilgore_trout:ok, so:
    jp was gentrified long before everyone here started moving there, and whole foods did not factor into this
    occupy is what's really whack
    there are also wealthy people of color in boston as well as poor white people
    you would rather live in a place that has artificially higher property values because it has been 'white for longer' than live in a place that better suits your budget because you fear you'll be evicting the 'poorer people of color' who live there?
    what becomes the priority for you, color-alliances or class-alliances?

this is also a dumb as all fuck discussion

I don't think it's a dumb discussion, especially compared to a lot of what goes on here. Maybe this is a good opportunity for some personal growth for Zomar, to rethink some of his ideas about race and class in the city he lives in. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    6kidz:I don't think it's a dumb discussion, especially compared to a lot of what goes on here. Maybe this is a good opportunity for some personal growth for Zomar, to rethink some of his ideas about race and class in the city he lives in. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

see, if it were a handful of other people on here i'd say they were just being belligerent trolls
    if it were someone no one knew and had just moved to boston i'd say give them the benefit of the doubt
    zomar has been here a while (atleast 3 years..?), is 24 (likely already a year or two out of college), is clearly hip to all the hot button topics of the day (people's identities, gentrification, occupy bullshit), and had defended his position with ardour so i'd say he shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt but should be rebuked for his skewed and wrong-headed stance as to his part in gentrifying neighborhoods in boston
    •  

gary, you're like a far less likeable dr. house ... all the asshole, none of the sex appeal.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012

yeah so I posted here because I am looking for a place to live, and described myself and where I'm looking to live. I didn't post here to discuss why I want to live where and I want to live or to be told that my ideas and things that I care about are wrong by a bunch of people I don't know on the internet. So if some of you want to keep pouncing on me (and I realize not all of you have been like that, and thanks to them), go for it, but I'm not going to answer any more insults / inquiries directed towards me related to this topic here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

and I'm sorry for even mentioning gentrification when it wasn't a conversation I was willing to take part in here, my bad. I didn't think it would raise so many eyebrows when I wrote it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i think you were trying to say, "i can afford to not take housing opportunities away in low-income areas" but by phrasing it in terms of race instead of income levels, it just came out very very wrong. i know you're not a jerk and i know you spend a lot of time considering your role in society, etc. i just think you didn't put enough thought into how that sentence would come off to other people.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012 edited

ratattack:i think you were trying to say, "i can afford to not take housing opportunities away in low-income areas" but by phrasing it in terms of race instead of income levels, it just came out very very wrong. i know you're not a jerk and i know you spend a lot of time considering your role in society, etc. i just think you didn't put enough thought into how that sentence would come off to other people.
    This. I understand what you were trying to say, and think it's commendable (at least on a superficial level - I can't say I've ever given much thought to it), but, as Lauren said, framing it in terms of race rather than class sounded racist rather than economically-sensitive. I don't think you're racist - and I don't think the other people in this conversation do, either - it's just the unfortunate way that sentence reads.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

What keepitreal seems to be taking you to task over is a basic naiveté (best case) or hypocrisy (worst case) you seem to exhibit. For example, getting super into the Occupy movement while posting blatant displays of wealth elsewhere on the forum. Or using gentrification as a cover for preferring to live with/near other affluent white people. Even if your preferences are informed by a genuine idealism that's not masked racism or classism, your understanding of your own ideals feels as hastily informed as your understanding of the historical socioeconomic makeup of Boston-area neighborhoods.

Or maybe I'm wrong. But if you're going to make socioeconomics a primary issue in your life, my feeling is that you should, at the very least, be educated enough to articulate the issue clearly.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorkeepitreal

nevermind, like talking to a chair
    Oh come on, give him a break. Where has he posted blatant displays of wealth? When he was talking about buying a $3-4k bike? How do you know he hadn't been saving for 5 years for that, or came into it from a relative or something? There are plenty of other people here getting new bikes every few months*, or looking to buy DA groups and shit. That's unfair to say of Zomar.

Does one have to be poor (or at least pretend to be poor) to support/participate in Occupy?

As Lauren and Ben pointed out, his bit about gentrification and all was poorly worded but hardly makes him a hypocrite.

*(I am NOT calling those people out for anything except I'm jealous.)DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    To add:
    -Sean was asking for donations for charity.
    -Hasn't only one of those brevets happened so far? Hardly qualifies as having done none of them.

I fully support that some folks need trollin' but some of your points are stupid.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  

keepitreal:Sean Mickhead:
    - Is so tone deaf he writes a blog about his 12 expensive bikes, while waving the tin cup around to his parents friends for his cross-country bike ride
    - Designs a stupid kit that costs over $150. Gets fellow forumites to agonize over position of turtles
    - 3 years before he will inevitably cancel his Irish bike trip, he plots out where he is going to eat lunch on July 15. Ride your bike, don't talk about bikes and riding bikes

-only wrote 4 posts, never got around to the others...all those 4 were about pretty cheap bikes. i've worked 40hr/wk jobs for a year and a half intermittently since i was a sophomore in college and have paid for all my bikes except one (h.s. grad gift/bday gift/xmas gift combined) and have a good lot saved up because i don't do much else. but yea, im fortunate to have my parents help me with other living expenses because they planned ahead when they decided to have kids. sorry for enjoying the money i've worked for.
    -that kit is awesome..otherwise 21 people wouldn't have bought in on the first round, and another 9 wouldn't be interested in the reorder. and turtles are a good idea, will consider for future designs.
    -i put $300 of my own money into my bike&build fundraising aside from the snacks and water i've given away to people on the trails i fundraised on. but of course i'm going to ask others to help raise the remaining $4,200, fucking duh. and yea, i cancelled my ireland trip because my family is going to ireland next year together instead of this year because we couldn't afford the flights and my brother is getting married..so this year instead, i'm building 10 houses while riding 3,800 miles and looking out for 28 other young adults. die in a fire you twat.

and seriously, +1 this:
    surprisefries:Oh come on, give him a break. Where has he posted blatant displays of wealth? When he was talking about buying a $3-4k bike? How do you know he hadn't been saving for 5 years for that, or came into it from a relative or something? There are plenty of other people here getting new bikes every few months*, or looking to buy DA groups and shit. That's unfair to say of Zomar.

Does one have to be poor (or at least pretend to be poor) to support/participate in Occupy?

As Lauren and Ben pointed out, his bit about gentrification and all was poorly worded but hardly makes him a hypocrite.

*(I am NOT calling those people out for anything except I'm jealous.)

nobody else really got upset at zomar as a person, it was how he wrote a sentence. he has since explained that's not what he meant and all is well in the world except you've been blueballed by a situation that got defused by reasonable people and wanted to get your jollies off by pointing out how a few other vocal folks don't epitomize and mirror the perfect fuckfacehead that you so obviously are.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ben:
    ratattack:i think you were trying to say, "i can afford to not take housing opportunities away in low-income areas" but by phrasing it in terms of race instead of income levels, it just came out very very wrong. i know you're not a jerk and i know you spend a lot of time considering your role in society, etc. i just think you didn't put enough thought into how that sentence would come off to other people.
    This. I understand what you were trying to say, and think it's commendable (at least on a superficial level - I can't say I've ever given much thought to it), but, as Lauren said, framing it in terms of race rather than class sounded racist rather than economically-sensitive. I don't think you're racist - and I don't think the other people in this conversation do, either - it's just the unfortunate way that sentence reads.

+1.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    surprisefries:....or came into it from a relative or something?...

QFT. I have bike worth +2K. It's the second most expensive thing I've ever owned (the other being a shitbox car I used to have). The *only* reason I was able to afford it was because of "luck"; my grandfather died and left me like 4K. Don't assume someone is well-off just because they may have an "expensive" X, Y, or Z.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012

there's a lot of good stuff if you google 'eating popcorn'
    this one is my favorite cuz thats like, what happens
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    This is how I eat popcorn:
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^yes, exactly.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    SHUT THE HELL UP CRAIG.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012 edited

I'm moving out of my rad place in Union Sq, Somerville. Spacious, clean, cheap, and has a bidet. Two cool roommates. Room opens June 15th (probably a few days earlier). Rent is $533/mo. Whisper me."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."