Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

God damnit tim why can't that be ready 9/1Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I blame the medical education establishment: for some reason they decided the "academic year" should start 7/1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013 edited

tentative at the moment, but keep your ears open for any 1br/studio openings in slummerville for me please. likely 6/15 move-in if those are real.
    Max $1200somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ^yessssssssssssssss
    clockwork ted:^yessssssssssssssss
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013

At least one of my roommates in my 3 bedroom is moving out (leaving the city) in September. The other might be as well (possibly leaving the city). I don't want to move (hassle) but would only stay if I found non-totally-random, decent people.

2nd and 3rd flr apartment. Pretty small and no real storage, but it's located right by Inman and is cheap. The definitely open room, which is on the 2nd flr with the kitchen and bathroom and is quite big and has 3 windows, will be $600 (maybe slightly more) when the landlord raises the rent (I won't know exactly how much for another week or so).

The other room (probably available) is on the 3rd floor, along with my room. It's small with angled ceilings and only 1 window. But it's always warm in the winter and is $500 (subject to slight change when I hear from the landlord).

It anyone's interested or knows someone who might be, let me know.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    It's always warm in the winter 'cause ben is right next door for snugglz.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorBatman_617
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2013

Look for some live-management positions. Usually rent is dirt cheap or rent free. Pine Street Inn has some positions, I was lucky enough to know someone and get one. My rent is $270 including utilities.https://twitter.com/SlaveNames
    i need realtor recommendations for the cambridge and somerville area please

or any leads for a studio/1br at about $1200/mosomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013

OH SHIT SEANS GOING LARGEWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    $$$$$$$$$$Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

#customlyfe
    -_-somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Looking for recommendations on live-in Yachts in greater Boston harbor."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

DQ: how far would I have to move to get a place like that for like $600 total? Done with roommates next summer, figure I should start researching about now. That's not possible within like 20 miles, is it? This feels like a really dumb question."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013 edited

I've had rent as low as $450 and never lived outside the Allston, Mission Hill, somerville, cambridge, areas... given that was like 4-5 years ago now, but still, if you live with lots of roommates its possible, you have to go look at a lot of places and spend a lot of time searching (or get lucky)...
    What is this, Yahoo Answers?

Andy's asking about studio/one bedroom apartments now, not with lots of roommates and/or 5 years ago.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    I would think Craigslist would give you some idea? ...but then I looked on CL and either the maximum search doesn't work, or people are intentionally miscategorizing their listings. So...now I'm curious!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

woah I'm sorry. I interrupted "I'm done with roommates next summer" as "I'm done with my current roommate" aka my lease is up... misunderstanding, my bad.
    • CommentAuthorgc

Andy:DQ: how far would I have to move to get a place like that for like $600 total? Done with roommates next summer, figure I should start researching about now. That's not possible within like 20 miles, is it? This feels like a really dumb question.

eastie, chelsea, revere or similar.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013 edited

No, I pay way less than that now in Somerville ($408 each with 4 people which is already incredibly lucky, and the first 2 years I lived here my rent was no more than $300), we're just hoping to get our own place after the whole being married thing next year. Our current roommates are great, but it'd be nice if housing was affordable enough so only 2 full time working adults can manage a shitty old 2nd floor of a poorly designed house that's already several miles from the city. It's still so mind-blowing how inflated shit here is after growing up in a place where my single parent paid like $400 for whole 2 bedroom apartments and that was normal. Sigh... Well, Eastie's probably not that bad, if I don't need to get a bike downtown during train rush hours."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorgc

i don't follow, but my coworker pays $800 for giant 2br in a brownstone in eastie/chelsea, i don't really know the difference.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2013 edited

Yeah, my dad lived in Chelsea for a short time about a decade ago and I believe it was about that much, but it was a total shithole and of course getting anywhere without a car is nearly impossible over there... I don't know, I figure I'll start looking more in the winter. I suppose nothing west of the city gets affordable for a while?

Joe put up a good link earlier about the already absurdly unsustainable rents keep increasing so much annually and how it's one of the worst percentages in the county.

Though part of the problem is that the occupancy rate is still over 97%. Never mind, I should stop complaining, this city is great, I just wish it were realistic."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2013

Andy, there's no shame in living with roommates after you're married. QF and I decided to keep the cheap rent for now, save up, and give ourselves more time to make a good move. Obviously, it would be nice to have more privacy but our situation is good so we're not rushing out of it because we feel like we should. Just throwing that out there in case you're "should"ing yourself on it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    As long as we're reaching back I'll have to trot out my tired old story about the first room I rented in Boston (20 years ago come October 1st), it was an unheated/uninsulated shed of a room, but it was $100... on Mission Hill. I think I'd looked into moving into a place on Linden Street in Allston with folks I knew and that was something like $300 a month, which seemed totally insane to me at the time.

Anyway, I don't think prices go down significantly (headed west) until you're well outside the city.

Boston rents are frickin' insane (tbf they're kinda insane in a lot of places, NOLA wasn't as cheap as a person might expect - although you got way more for your money, and when we were looking for a place in New Haven or nearby it was freakin' depressing how expensive shit is - shit holes for $$$$$$$ - I imagine Yale inflates the rents). I'm not sure we'll even move back into the immediate metro area should we come back to MA in a year or so.
    Friend is looking to fill two rooms in Somerville over on Highland. She has 2 cats, so no other animals are allowed to the best of my knowledge. One room is $800 and the other is $700 iirc.

Whisper me if you're interested and I'll put you in contact.

She is a young professional. She's fine with living with guys or girls, so long as you're clean and respectful of others.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I also have a friend looking for an emergency roommate for july 1st in JP. Really good location right near the whole foods in JP. She has one dog and a cat and works as a Vet tech. I don't know much about her other roommate. Its 600$ a month but can be negotiated a bit. Whisper me and i'll get you in touch with her!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2013

Life Pro Tip: NEVER LIVE WITH PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2013

You mean biblically?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2013

6kidz:Life Pro Tip: NEVER LIVE WITH PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW.

wait, krazcheck is complaining about his roommates?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2013

Not this time. I love my current roommates. I'm just trying to steer anyone here from living with strangers."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2013

This should get everyone depressed:
    http://www.wbur.org/2013/06/07/boston-rent-increase

It's a tough city if you're not totally loaded.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    chicago's affordable.

n i got a room opening up in logan square, if anyone wants to move across the country. $394/mo.

get at me.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2013

but i already live in logan square
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    ThijsAmsterdam:HI,

Can I rent your room this summer?
    I’m Thijs and I’m 17 years old and I live in Amsterdam. I ride on track bikes for almost 4 years. This summer I will work at Superb bicycles. I’m looking for a room in Boston. I don’t need much, I’m very social and I’m looking for a room in a shared appartment with some nice room mates.
    Its for the summer period, from now till mid august.

Email me if you know anything,

Thijs Rebel
    Thijs.rebel@gmail.com
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2013

Top.
    Some of you might know me, most of you, probably not.
    I'm looking for housing, specifically in Somerville for either 8/1 or 9/1. If you have a room opening up or know of anyone looking for a roommate, let me know.
    Thanks, Mike.
    Turns out Jon Barry and I are gonna have a room open in our lovely 3 bedroom Lower Allston apartment. It features a sweet workbench for to fix ya bikes, inside-the-apt-hallway storage for one bike, a front porch and small but prolific raised bed garden. The room itself is pretty small, but it's sub-$600 (utilities not included). The plus side is that it stays super warm in this room during the winter.

We have a shorthaired cat as well.

Whisper me for more details. Available 9/1I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    Can vouch for awesome kitty. Cannot vouch for people.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorstingobango
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013 edited

THANKS FOR NOTHING, ELLA!

...EXCEPT FOR THAT TIME YOU MOPPED OUR FLOOR. AND SAVED THE DAY AT OUR PARTY BY BEING A SUPERHERO. BUT THAT'S IT!!!I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

Disregard anything Ella says. She's had cancer.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Dammit, i don't have a comeback to that.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Yeah Phil, I have really done a lot for you guys! AND WHAT DO I GET IN RETURN?!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    cheap? overheated? cat? sign me up!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2013

I have a friend looking for a potential sublet in October, coming back up to Boston from grad school down south.

She's super cool, I promise. Anybody need a roomie?unstuck in time
    Anyone got a room open for a rad bike dude who has a rad small dog? It's Nate mccleary for those who know him. Lemme know if so and I'll pass the info along!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2013

nate sr.'s moving back?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2013

killersim:Anyone got a room open for a rad bike dude who has a rad small dog? It's Nate mccleary for those who know him. Lemme know if so and I'll pass the info along!

BUMP

live with my BFF he is the bestMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2013

My craigslist roomie is sketchy and is also kind of a butt. Thankfully I'm on a month-to-month lease. Anybody have or know of a room in Boston opening up soonish? Must allow my two adorable baby kitties.