Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009

a friend and i are looking to get an apt september 1st but we need to find one or two more people to live with. preferably in allston/brighton. we're very clean and very awesome. holla if ya swolla.MUFFDVR
    anybody got anything or know anybody with anything a mile or less from northeastern university for the school year?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009

I'm needing a place starting in July. My roommates just proper-fucked me over on my lease. And I need out. Currently in Brighton, like it. But thinking JP may be a solid move. Hit me up with any ideas.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorunit
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

Fart Face:yeah, Im living in quincy right now...stable place and everything, the south shore is just boring as hell. how old r u guys? im 24 here. Are u guys the loud or quiet type? I can get down with either

I'm 23, in school, work too. Quiet in the sense that I don't party. But loud in the sense that I love music. However, I can live with pretty much anyone and get along with most. I can keep the noise down.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

Added incentive: I have a work stand, truing stand, full box o' tools, and moderate bike fixing skills. holler.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    hey, yea i'm a 19 y.o sophomore at NU, pretty much the same as the other fella and i'm pretty much buckling down for the grades this year, though i gotta live closer to campus than quincy :/somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthoralex_p
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009

alex_p:I have a room open for a summer sublet
    31 oxford street, Somerville MA.
    rent is only 350$!!!!! i can leave a bed, and some more stuff if you'd need it? living room, front room, kitchen, the whole nine. Enough room for bikes and what not- Real cheap. I'm looking to sublet ASAP through end of august. Emailing me will work best - terrorneverends@gmail.com
    Thanks any questions and inquiries welcome!

beuler? beuler?
    I made another thread for this, not knowing that we had one of these threads. My bad.

But I'll just repeat:

Hey b-fixed.

I'm moving to goddamn INDIA in June, so I need someone to take my room for 6/1. One of my roommates is moving out as well, so you get a choice!

It's up on Highland Ave in Somerville, 10 minute walk from Porter/Davis. $550 a month, utilities are pretty standard, relaxed landlord who doesn't care if you install hooks or paint the room neon green, but will fix things if they really need fixin'.

Two other roommates (for a total of four rooms), but it's a big space (two full floors) and they're awesome. One is a SCUL pilot, the other is into bikes and rides to work. We also have a bomb-ass basement that currently holds a bunch of SCUL ships and has room for as many bikes as you need to put down there. We even have the beginnings of a shop with a stand, a corkboard, basic tools, etc.

We also have an awesome kitty, though we can't accept any more pets.

Anyway, it'd be a huge help and maybe someone's looking for a place. Tell yer friends! Get at me here, or see the CL ad and some pictures:

\http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/roo/1173884096.htmlThink you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrumbles

Room available in Lower Allston 9/1!

Room available in a duplex located on Haskell Street.

Your choice: either a HUGE room (two people can comfortably live in it) for $600 or a more modestly sized yet also awesome room for $530.

I'm 20, finishing up my undergrad degree in photo/working at a coffee shop, and my roommates are 23-24ish, have jobs and usually watch movies at night and listen to records. One is in Ramming Speed and the other for a lack of a better description really really likes pop punk. They're pretty awesome dudes

There will be a little calico kitty named Misty and additional felines are more than welcome!

The landlord used to be the bassist for Gang Green and there is wood paneling on the walls so it looks like a LODGE.

If you want any more information/photographs feel free to email me at srcrumley@gmail.com!
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009 edited

one room still open in my apartment starting...july or august or something. we're on the second story of a three-floor old house. i believe it's the biggest bedroom in the house. right off the intersection of harvard and comm in allston (half the house is in brookline). 515$ a month, heat and hot water included, electricity and internet supposed to be extra but we've never been charged. roommates are the 43 year old dude whose family owns the house (the rent is cheap because we live with him), he's kinda weird but quiet and super nice. a 19 year old girl from california, goes to school part time, likes to sew stuff. and me, 22 year old girl. we're all friendly but pretty much do our own thing. rent is month to month, no lease!

and, uhh, this is the apartment and the aforementioned landlord's site. he doesn't have pictures of the available room up, but it's bigger than the two that are shown.

edit: and oh yeah, washing machine in the apartment (free), coin dryer in the basement.
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy

^Donna's moving??fuck art, let's ride bikes
    • CommentAuthormauspad

lissaandy:^Donna's moving??

yup, for real this time. got an apartment with her dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009

looking for 1 roommate for 9/1 for a total of 3 people in a 3 bedroom right next to bicycle bills in lower allston. really nice, clean apt, the other kid lives there currently and is just gonna renew the lease in september. big yard, porch, parking lot. very sick setup. 600 plus util.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009 edited

Still looking for someone to rent my place in Allston for the summer. The last person bailed on me 4 days ago and I need people at least looking at it ASAP. Could move in as soon as the lease is signed.

This is the craigslist posting I put up, it has a picture of the room when full.

It's a good place and it comes with a bed and dresser. Other than that the room is empty and ready to be moved into. Our kitchen is big and we have a good living room with 2 couches. My room is the biggest in the apartment and faces the rear, so it's totally isolated from street noise. Call me at 978 500 6180.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009

I just put up some pictures on that listing, now there's actually something to look at.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    • CommentAuthorhannaelise
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009

My friend is in need of a music practice space. Does anyone know of any? Maybe Chinatown?
    So I finished my masters program and got back from my trip from Canada.

Turns out I am going to need a place to live for the fall after all.

25y.o. masters student. I'm clean and relatively quiet - value living conditions similar. Have furniture.

Anyone looking for a roommate or anything?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorTyler Evans
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009 edited

Hey there, I've got his one is still available (I posted earlier, but just a refresher):

2 bedroom apartment we have opening up in our house.

- colorful two bedroom apartment for rent on third floor of big old Victorian house in Roxbury.
    - Hardwood floors.
    - Lots of sunlight.
    - Built in closets.
    - Beautiful landscaped garden.
    - Quiet neighborhood.
    - Close to schools (MassArt, Northeastern) and hospitals (Fenway, Longwood).
    - Electricity and hot water included, tenant is responsible for paying cooking and heating gas.
    - Rent is $ 1,400 a month.
    - Plenty of on street parking.
    - 10-minute walk to Stop & Shop.
    - 6-minute walk to Jackson Square T stop on the orange line, 1/2 block from Washington Street
    for busses to Dudley Square or Forest Hills.
    - Bike parking on first floor
    - Cats ok.

For information call 857-472-0134 or e-mail tyler@ifbikes.com
    • CommentAuthorhannaelise
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009

is the rent you posted per person or is that the rent for the whole space?
    eric, i already told you that my place might be available. let me know if you're interested/desperate.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorTyler Evans
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009 edited

hannaelise:is the rent you posted per person or is that the rent for the whole space?

$1400 for the whole apartment.

I have it posted on craigslist too, but only weirdos so far. There are a few pictures...

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/abo/1198062322.html

Anyway give me a ring if you want to check it out. Tyler.
    conor!:eric, i already told you that my place might be available. let me know if you're interested/desperate.

Will do man. Trying to see what my options are still but much appreciate the offer.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009

The Chothen One:
    hannaelise:is the rent you posted per person or is that the rent for the whole space?

$1400 for the whole apartment.

I have it posted on craigslist too, but only weirdos so far. There are a few pictures...

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/abo/1179959983.html

Anyway give me a ring if you want to check it out. Tyler.

You weren't kidding when you said "colorful"e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorunit
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009

ha...james had an impromptu change of location to comm ave this evening, I'll be by the on the 12th to pay off the rest so hopefully ill see u there
    .DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009

Had a potential roomate back out, so we've got one room open for July in an apartment a few blocks from harvard square for $650 a month, heat/HW included. Utilities are cooking gas+ electric (~$25 ea), and phone/DSL (~$20 ea).

Room is large, with lots of windows, two closets, and a nifty ceiling-mounted radiator.
    It''s in a basement apartment, intended for the building’s superintendent back when the building was constructed. It has wood floors in the rooms, good light, and a responsive landlord. Laundry is in the building, coin operated, but cheap. We also have a big storage room for bikes/misc stuff, which includes a workstand and a fairly complete set of tools. .
    No parking comes with the apartment, but it's easy to find a place on the street. It’s in a basement apartment with wood floors in the rooms, good light, and a responsive landlord.

It’s shared with yours truly, a grad student who spends way too much time at work, but likes NPR, books, food, and sewing, and Cait/cdoolz from the forum.

No parking, but it's easy to find on-street parking with a cambridge permit.

If you're interested, pm me or email: hmoffett at gmail.com

-howellTroglodytarum is latin for troll
    Is anyone looking for another roommate starting Sept. 1st?polo
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009 edited

I'm looking for a place to stay starting september 1st. My budget is about 600 a month. I'm 21 and working on my undergrad degree in photography. I'm tidy and considerate. I bike a lot, cook a lot, and read a lot. I have a lot of small hobbies ranging from crafty to nerdy. Looking to live with people who are on the same page as far as keeping shared areas clean and splitting chores goes.

Areas I'd prefer:
    - JP
    - Cambridge
    - Brookline

Areas I'd like to avoid:
    - Allston/Brighton
    - Mission Hill

Living a little further out than most students isn't an issue. I like to ride my bike.

I've been keeping an eye out for places through craigslist but it just seems too early. I'm eying whatever collectives I can find, which is a little harder but what I'd find ideal.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009

One of my roommates for September had to back out, so our apartment on Mission Hill has an open room. It's a 1st floor 4 bedroom. $550/ month +utilities. It's me and 2 other girls, 2 of us go to MassArt, one goes to Northeastern. Good sized living room and kitchen, 1 bathroom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009

room for rent on august 1st
    Brookline Hills T stop (nice quiet area)
    650$ a mo. heat + hot water is included
    Biggest room in the house!
    There is a huge living room and kitchen and a good size porch off the back of the house.
    email if interested dst.germain48@gmail.comEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited

I posted this in a separate thread not knowing this one existed, so I'll post here as well.
    My friend and I are looking for a third roommate for 8/1 or 9/1. Prefereably 9/1. We are trying to stay around 600 per person a month.
    This will be with a cat that won't like or hang out with you. It just like to chill and observe.
    A little demographics.
    Me: 26/M. I'm an EMT, hopefully I'll have my paramedic license by mid to late august. I work weird hours, none of this 9-5 crap. I'll be working full-fime again probably by the end of July. I'm just finishing up my medic stuff. I listen to awesome music, go to bed whenever, keep a clean bathroom.

My friend: 27/F, grew up in TX, lived in portland, ore with parents, graduated from Mt Holyoke in 2007, works at BCBS in Quincy, will be started grad school in early August at Leslie. A smoker trying to quit, doesn't ride bikes, doesn't have a car, so red line prosimity is important. The cat is hers. currently lives in Inman

We are searching for places in Cambridge fairly close to the red line.
    Anyone interested
    nine 7 ate - 6 too won - 7 ate 5 too
    Mike
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009

if anyone needs a room from now till august 31, let me know. brighton right off of corey rd. $625/month very nice place and cool roommates.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009

Dan Roch:room for rent on august 1st
    Brookline Hills T stop (nice quiet area)
    650$ a mo. heat + hot water is included
    Biggest room in the house!
    There is a huge living room and kitchen and a good size porch off the back of the house.
    email if interested dst.germain48@gmail.com
    Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009

anyone wanna join in on this with me:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/abo/1243044570.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009

once again I'm looking for a new place. I'm subletting currently, but I need something consistent for the upcoming school year. tired of moving.

Open to places, so throw your ideas my way. I'm clean, drama free, don't have any pets (don't mind them though), and an okay cook.

I also own a shit load of tools (bike/non-bike alike).

Added incentive, I totally rule. If you need a roommate for a current place, or if you are looking to find a new place/people, holler and maybe we can pool our thoughts together. Wordup? Obviously.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009

We've got one room open in an apartment a few blocks from harvard square for $650 a month, heat/HW included. Utilities are cooking gas+ electric and phone/DSL (~$40 ea).

Room is large, with lots of windows, two closets, and a nifty ceiling-mounted radiator.
    It''s in a basement apartment, intended for the building’s superintendent back when the building was constructed. It has wood floors in the rooms, good light, and a responsive landlord. Laundry is in the building, coin operated, but cheap. We also have a big storage room for bikes/misc stuff, which includes a workstand and a fairly complete set of tools. No parking, but it's easy to find on-street parking with a cambridge permit.

It’s shared with yours truly, a grad student who spends way too much time at work, but likes NPR, books, food, and sewing, and Cait/cdoolz from the forum.

-howellTroglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009

ok, just gauging for interest here. i will have a room open in a newly remodeled two-bedroom apartment in inman square (two short blocks toward union square from cambridge and prospect, great neighborhood, VERY quiet area). available september 1st $800/mo + utilities (yeah, it's a lot). second floor, corner apartment in a two unit building, great light, lots of windows. hardwood floors throughout, dishwasher, disposal, small porch, storage in the basement, shared patio area, coin-op laundry in the building next door (private, in a building that is owned by the landlord). the apartment is fully furnished, with a well-equipped kitchen. there's a new furnace and thermostat (if you care). you would be living with me, my girlfriend, and our awesome dog (when we are around). i keep a pretty clean house, have a demanding job, and am in and out a lot, so this will be more of an application process. i might want to come and see your house if you want to live with me. not joking. i'm not a jerk, i just really need the roommate to be a good match for the apartment. if you are interested, please email me at abpanone at gmail. i'll put pictures up at some point.(moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley

howl:We've got one room open in an apartment a few blocks from harvard square for $650 a month, heat/HW included. Utilities are cooking gas+ electric and phone/DSL (~$40 ea).

It''s in a basement apartment, intended for the building’s superintendent back when the building was constructed. It has wood floors in the rooms, good light, and a responsive landlord. Laundry is in the building, coin operated, but cheap. We also have a big storage room for bikes/misc stuff, which includes a workstand and a fairly complete set of tools. No parking, but it's easy to find on-street parking with a cambridge permit.

-howell

Come live with us!Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009 edited

edit: found new apartment with some rad dudes from the office.
    close to inman,union, conway park, central square(the office) is only 1.4 miles!

also. yay that I don't have to live with 'hippie crack' head.

thanks for playin!
    •  
      CommentAuthormelange
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009 edited

850 for mission hill? dang.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    $850 a month for one room in a 4-bed on Mission Hill??? Does it come with nightly handjobs?Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthormelange

ok so it's expensive... some re-negotiating is in order since we've been there for a bit. handjobs are not included unless you work out a deal with the second roommate i guess. sitting on the roof with a beer in hand is a huge plus though. plus there's a big parking lot in the back where you could practice your mad barspinz (or rent a parking space). its like the closest boston gets to having a lawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009

lots of houses in mission hill have lawns.
    • CommentAuthorgemathy
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009

$900 to live in mission hill with a parking lot as a replacement for a lawn? that can't be real. are you overcharging your roomies to make your rent lower?
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009 edited

burp.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009

aarn:ok, just gauging for interest here. i will have a room open in a newly remodeled two-bedroom apartment in inman square (two short blocks toward union square from cambridge and prospect, great neighborhood, VERY quiet area). available september 1st $800/mo + utilities (yeah, it's a lot). second floor, corner apartment in a two unit building, great light, lots of windows. hardwood floors throughout, dishwasher, disposal, small porch, storage in the basement, shared patio area, coin-op laundry in the building next door (private, in a building that is owned by the landlord). the apartment is fully furnished, with a well-equipped kitchen. there's a new furnace and thermostat (if you care). you would be living with me, my girlfriend, and our awesome dog (when we are around). i keep a pretty clean house, have a demanding job, and am in and out a lot, so this will be more of an application process. i might want to come and see your house if you want to live with me. not joking. i'm not a jerk, i just really need the roommate to be a good match for the apartment. if you are interested, please email me at abpanone at gmail. i'll put pictures up at some point.

just put up a craigslist ad here for the place...the room is officially on the market.(moscow)
    • CommentAuthorcolin
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009

have a room in our house available for the month of august. Our roommate bailed and ditched us with the rent, looking to make back some of it.

400 for the month, located in lower allston on haskell street. We have laundry in the basement (no coin op garbage) as well as a practice space down there. We also have a "bike shop" room with stand, LOTS of tools, truing stand, etc. you would be free to use. And a backyard with a grill.

get in touchhh.