Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013 edited

Furnished sublet available in my Ball Square (Somerville) apartment beginning ~December 10th through until late Feb/early March. Dates are flexible; I'd rather find a good fit for less time than a weirdo for longer.
    $650/mo +heat & electric. Internet is included. Walk-in closet, TV in bedroom. 10-13min walk to the T.
    Vegetarian household (one roommate eats fish on sandwiches, but no cooking of any meat).

Tell your friends?

I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2013

^Still available.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    i'm lookin' to move to nyc in february or march, if anyone knows of any available apartments.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013

While this thread is bumped, I'd just like to make a note about the roommate we just got rid of, because they're planning to move out of their parent's house and back to the area in the spring, so we're trying to let everyone we know what they can expect from this person, because they have a history of doing this to other apartments (aside from breaking things, they've messed with past roommates out of spite, like sabotaging bikes, stealing, traumatizing my cat, etc). Whisper if you want details, but caution anyone you hear considering a roommate situation with someone named Rebecca from New Haven who has been working as a seasonal mech in a few local shops."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013 edited

YIKES^

conor! for mod:i'm lookin' to move to nyc in february or march, if anyone knows of any available apartments.
    Move back to JP and crash in my living room.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Andy:While this thread is bumped, I'd just like to make a note about the roommate we just got rid of, because they're planning to move out of their parent's house and back to the area in the spring, so we're trying to let everyone we know what they can expect from this person, because they have a history of doing this to other apartments (aside from breaking things, they've messed with past roommates out of spite, like sabotaging bikes, stealing, traumatizing my cat, etc). Whisper if you want details, but caution anyone you hear considering a roommate situation with someone named Rebecca from New Haven who has been working as a seasonal mech in a few local shops.

Does her last name start with a W? Because that would explain some long-ago theft from my shop...she was a shop hand here at UA for a little while. I thought it was another shitty employee that we had at the time (and didn't last long either)Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Craigglesofdoom:I thought it was another shitty employee that we had at the time (and didn't last long either)
    Geez craig, im right here..somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    joeyfresh:
    conor! for mod:i'm lookin' to move to nyc in february or march, if anyone knows of any available apartments.
    Move back to JP and crash in my living room.

i don't think i want to live in boston again (yet...). (tho for a minute i was thinking about asking ben about his room.)You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Craigglesofdoom:
    Andy:While this thread is bumped, I'd just like to make a note about the roommate we just got rid of, because they're planning to move out of their parent's house and back to the area in the spring, so we're trying to let everyone we know what they can expect from this person, because they have a history of doing this to other apartments (aside from breaking things, they've messed with past roommates out of spite, like sabotaging bikes, stealing, traumatizing my cat, etc). Whisper if you want details, but caution anyone you hear considering a roommate situation with someone named Rebecca from New Haven who has been working as a seasonal mech in a few local shops.

Does her last name start with a W? Because that would explain some long-ago theft from my shop...she was a shop hand here at UA for a little while. I thought it was another shitty employee that we had at the time (and didn't last long either)

Ah, nope, starts with a G and ends in oldberg. I think she only worked in shops north of the river."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I want nothing to do with this conflict, but is this the person that has pet rats?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Yep."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

conor! for mod:
    joeyfresh:
    Move back to JP and crash in my living room.

i don't think i want to live in boston again (yet...). (tho for a minute i was thinking about asking ben about his room.)
    bb u can stay in my bed 2 if u wantWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Need housing: start date anytime from the second week of January to end of March. No cats :( Close to LMA, would prefer Upper Allston/Brookline, price rance $700-800, ideally less.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2013

but who will i kick it with the next time i'm in chicago?gone
    maybe me. i'm not really sure where i'm gonna land. but i'm probably going to be living in boston the first two weeks of february!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2013

^!!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    might be the whole month!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    tinyhonkshus:Need housing: start date anytime from the second week of January to end of March. No cats :( Close to LMA, would prefer Upper Allston/Brookline, price range $700-800, ideally less.
    i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014

Yo!

Got a room opening up in our house in Washington Sq. a little later this month. The lighting is shitty right now and the photographer doesn't want to take pictures for the craigslist posting so I'll update you dudes tomorrow with them, but here are the basics:

-600 rent, heat included
    -coin-op laundry in basement
    -porch overlooking Washington St where it meets Beacon
    -2 minute walk to C line (Green)
    -sunny spacious 4 bedroom, 1 bath, kitchen, a couple closets, and living room

-the room itself is a 14'x14' square with 2 closets and 2 windows

Our fourth is moving out and we need to fill this spot. Will update with photos in the morn'!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014

Chris (zomar) has several spaces opening up in their Allston house, $650 I believe. I can put you in contact if you don't know them irl."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2014

I have a friend from high school that is moving to the area from Texas in Feb. and his planned roommate situation just fell through.

He's a late 20's dude, does some mountain biking and some Tri's, moving here for a job at The Broad Institute. I imagine he'd prefer Cambridge or Somerville since he'll be working in Cambridge but I don't think that's a must.

Get in touch with me if you have a room opening.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2014

Posting for a friend:
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/sub/4309054210.html

1 bedroom of a 2 bedroom in West Roxbury. Very quiet neighborhood. Short walk to grocery store, buses, commuter rail, bars, restaurants on centre st.

Looking for a professional female. $800/month starting March 1 (ideally through August 31, maybe longer)

Landlord nicely renovated the apartment and quick to fix issues. Free street parking or you can thumb wrestle your roommate for the driveway spot. Huge basement, plenty of room to store large quantities of bicycles. Enclosed heated porch/sun room if you are into plants.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014 edited

LOOKING FOR A PLACE SEPT 1
    -myself and another biker are looking to move into a place Sept 1 (separate rooms)
    - $600 max, no cats (allergies), bike space, non-party pad
    - Brighton is ideal, but Allston/Brookline/JP is kewl..perhaps Camb
    -looking for a "home" oriented environment..not a dorm with the constant comings and goings of drunk strangers

Both of us are full time day workers, respectful, communicative, yet fun. I'm a good cook and I roll fat Ls.
    I'll also be attending (hopefully) grad programs at UMass.

Do you need to fill 2 BRs or know someone who is?
    **ALTERNATIVELY** Are you and a friend looking for a place? Join forces. 4 beds abound.
    We've been looking but it's nearly impossible to find a 2 BR is our price range, and I'd rather hook up with some bike peeps than random CLers.
    Let me know~~!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2014

A spot is opening up in our place for march 1'st- 1 bedroom of a 3-bedroom basement apartment just outside of harvard square. Rent is $688, including utilities and internet. Room is fairly large, and the apartment also comes with a bike/storage room (equipped with tools and a repair stand). Share with two academic guys, neither of whom is home all that much.
    Contact me at hmoffett at gmail.com, or here on bfixed if you're interested.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2014

Howl, is this your room opening up?
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014

^Alas, no. I'm still going to be around until at least july. One of my housemates is moving out.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorMuzz_Dan
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014

I am in the market for housing soonish, as in I would ideally like to be able to move in next week.

Preferably in either Cambridge / Allston/ Brighton area.

Willing to put up with me getting on a bike trainer at 6am (I will happily do this inside of a bike room if one is available). Anyone? I will bring my own tools and some bike shop experience.
    who are you?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorMuzz_Dan
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014

Co-worker of Rock Dathe. A few people know me from RL but I am not typically on the forums.
    Aha, then hello and good luck.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

hey danny! :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

it sounds like you and tyler & friend could possibly join forces, sounds like you'd enjoy a similar living arrangement and are both very niceMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    WHAT UP DANNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorMuzz_Dan
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014 edited

Yo craig, shank anyone with the shiv yet?

I just found this:

3BR Lower Alston

NEVER MIND, DONT DO IT!
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014

dora:it sounds like you and tyler & friend could possibly join forces, sounds like you'd enjoy a similar living arrangement and are both very nice

:D no you ah!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014

Muzz_Dan:Yo craig, shank anyone with the shiv yet?

I just found this:

3BR Lower Alston

NEVER MIND, DONT DO IT!

it looks super nice! didn't work out?

haha tyler. YOU AHHHHH :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014 edited

Plz keep ears open por moi por 9/1, budget is $700-800 incl utilities, less obviously better, kitchen + bike space priority, no catsi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    T-hokz, budget? I probly will have something opening up in my place.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I might also be looking for a place in a few months. Depends if my batshit cray roommate decides he's staying. maybe those of us looking can go in on a place together when the time comes...'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014

in good housing news our super rad landlord didn't even know our lease was up and told us he'd extend it a year without even thinking about.
    we have a awesomely cheap and clean and well kept place and it's so much the best.
    happy times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014

I too live in a place I like
    • CommentAuthorMuzz_Dan
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2014

If a few other people want to put together a larger group and get a big house/ apartment I might be game. I am going to continue looking for a place in the short-term though. If anyone is interested though I am sure Dora or Rock dathe can introduce us.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

NU BYKE HAUZ 2014!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^^totes!

nu byke hauz meet-n-greet @ biek haus v 1.4 (we are very different from biek haus 1.0 :))Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorMuzz_Dan

Would totally do a bike house.
    killersim:I might also be looking for a place in a few months. Depends if my batshit cray roommate decides he's staying. maybe those of us looking can go in on a place together when the time comes...

be my nyc roommate!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

i'll probably be looking late summer/early fall, but first i need to leave greece, get through turkey, and move back to the US, so... it'll be a while
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014

A buddy of mine is moving to town this summer and I'm trying to scout some places for him. Time frame is mid May to mid June and looking for anything sub-$650. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2014 edited

There's a spot in The Kells opening up May 1

3 floor duplex in LA.
    Live with 5 of the coolest, best-smelling, people in the world.
    And the one coolest cat-man.

I think rent's $420, any Kellsians know exactly?

Contact me, dora, rock dathe, juggaluminati, or gc for more details.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2014

i think its $450, and we have the best-smelling cat-man also